Are we the only ones missing the pirate and cats on POTC?

ExcitedMama

DIS Veteran
The pirate by one of the underpasses with the grey cats is missing. The narration is still the same and says “here kitty kitty” but his spot is empty. Behind where he was is the outline of a window with almost a smiling face. Any idea when he will be back?

Ha! Thought I was the only one that noticed that. It was gone last week but his voice could still he heard. Today he’s gone and so is his voice. I always enjoy hearing “Here, kitty, kitty, kitty.” In fact, I looked for — and found it — on POTC at Tokyo DL.

We thought it was just us! Heard the voice, but saw nothing. Thought my glasses really needed a good cleaning! Disney fans -- we're SO dedicated! :)

Ha! Thought I was the only one that noticed that. It was gone last week but his voice could still he heard. Today he’s gone and so is his voice. I always enjoy hearing “Here, kitty, kitty, kitty.” In fact, I looked for — and found it — on POTC at Tokyo DL.

Oh, no, I hope the voice being gone isn’t a bad sign for his return!

We thought it was just us! Heard the voice, but saw nothing. Thought my glasses really needed a good cleaning! Disney fans -- we're SO dedicated! :)

My son actually noticed first which is impressive since we only go once or twice a year. POTC is one of our favorites so we missed them! Especially with that empty eyesore where they should be.

Here's hoping they're not gone as long as the donkey was! I swear he was gone nearly a year.
Glad I'm not the only member in the POTC donkey fan club! DH couldn't understand why I was so upset when we would ride and the donkey was still MIA.

I noticed, too. When I rode, the pig scene was also different and I wondered if that was temporary or different.

I noticed the removal of the pirate with his kitties on Saturday. His voice was definitely not there when I rode then. I turned right away to my Mom and pointed out that he was missing. Let's see how long he is gone for. One of the Small World polynesia dolls has been missing for months.

Hopefully he and the kitties will be back soon. In the mean time, there is still the kitty just on the other side of the archway (across the waterway from the donkey). He's pretty hard to see in the low lighting.

They also took away my favorite character and replaced her with a lame redheaded pirate. Is that permanent?:duck:
Question about the new red head scene: why are they auctioning off loot to pirates (armed pirates, no less) who can just steal whatever they want? If I were a pirate with a loaded gun (I'm making a guess here!), I don't think I'd want to spend my loot to buy other pirates' loot. As a self respecting pirate, aren't you just supposed to take it?

Last edited:
Question about the new red head scene: why are they auctioning off loot to pirates (armed pirates, no less) who can just steal whatever they want? If I were a pirate with a loaded gun (I'm making a guess here!), I don't think I'd want to spend my loot to buy other pirates' loot. As a self respecting pirate, aren't you just supposed to take it?
I wasn't a huge fan of the original scene, but not because it offended me. It was just--dumb. When it first opened, I was old enough to register in what way the redhead was different, but I thought it was weird that she would enthusiastically participate in getting sold to a pirate, no matter what her circumstances. You have put your finger on some of the reasons the current version is silly. For me, they just substituted one dumb scene for another. Doesn't mean I don't like those scenes, but they don't really add up any more than pirates running from women with rolling pins.

And why does Carlos protect the location of Jack Sparrow, even upon threat of death? What has Jack done for the townsfolk to deserve such protection? "Don't tell him, Carlos! Don't be chicken!"

And why does Carlos protect the location of Jack Sparrow, even upon threat of death? What has Jack done for the townsfolk to deserve such protection? "Don't tell him, Carlos! Don't be chicken!"
We listen especially hard for that line and call it "paying our respects to June Foray." Remember Rocky the Flying Squirrel (and countless other voices from classic animation...)?! When she passed away not that long ago, we rode POTC so many times to pay our respects to her.

I love this thread! I’m so happy that they updated the beginning of the ride back to the skull and crossbones and I CANNOT wait to see the new octopus scene!!

I was happy we also got to see the original auction scene one last time last year. We wants the Redhead!

A couple of years ago the guy with the pigs was missing. He reappeared after a bit with some fresh paint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!