Are we the only ones missing the pirate and cats on POTC?

I love this thread! I’m so happy that they updated the beginning of the ride back to the skull and crossbones and I CANNOT wait to see the new octopus scene!!

I was happy we also got to see the original auction scene one last time last year. We wants the Redhead!
The first couple times we rode I was focused on the octopus and it wasn't until a later ride that I realized the pirate in that scene is actually more interesting.

The pirate and cats went missing on Oct 10th. We rode it on the 9th and the 10th in the morning and it was there. Rode it the afternoon of the 10th and it was gone. The voice was still there. It remained missing the next day of our trip as well and the voice was still going.

We don’t like the new redhead scene. It makes no sense to auction off chickens. Love the octopus scene and the cool effects of the pirate though!

We noticed in September the projection of Davy Jones on the mist at the beginning was gone as well as the mermaid skeleton on the beach. Someone probably complained about the condition of the cat so they took it out so not to offend them. The red head scene is horrible now. I just don't understand. Plus it's okay for the women to chase the men? but the original scene had the men chasing the women which probably offended someone. smh.

Last edited:
FWIW, the First Mate and cat were still missing as of last Sunday. I now make a point to look for them every time I'm there.

Haha, slipped into DL two weeks ago and took a pic, too late now that he is back, however for the curious:

8152_zps51xm2ahx.jpg

I seen to remember that there was only one cat before. Now there are two. Now “Here, kitty kettyyyy” makes a little less sense ;-).

Glad the cats are back. How about the donut flask? It's become an obsession. Must see donut flask.....must see donut flask..... hasn't been there the last few times I've visited. :(

Glad Bill and the Cats are back! They were still missing on December 1st.

On another PoTC note: Has anyone been able to find the Owen Pope donut? It's gone from the mast in the bar scene. We looked on two separate rides and didn't see it.
Mike

p.s sorry for the duplicate question from the previous post...at least more than one of us is curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter