Are We There Yet?

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Is it time...will it be soon? Surely, the DVC will make the general announcements as to ticket discounts (AP's/MYW) & offerings (MYW Dining Option) before the member meetings (I hope).

I, and quite a few others, have been teetering on the fence as to tix purchases this December for months waiting word.

Seasoned DVC veterans, any predictions/general timing we can expect, based on past experience?

My advice is to buy your tickets now.

IMHO, there will be nothing new on the ticket/dining/discount fronts until at least January, 2006. Even when announcements were made at the annual condo meetings, the effective dates have been the following year. I know that is not what you wanted to hear, so I hope I'm wrong or something different happens this time. I just don't think it will.

Best wishes -

I know that our guide mentioned that she HOPED the AP discount would be available again because "We've sold a lot of AP's for them."

Bobbi :flower:

the annual pass discount is not a decision that DVC will make. the theme park part of WDW gets to make that decision.

I would think they would continue - but who knows.

Lots of DVC members have brought it.

spiceycat said:
the annual pass discount is not a decision that DVC will make. the theme park part of WDW gets to make that decision.

I would think they would continue - but who knows.

Lots of DVC members have brought it.

For me personally, I was right in that middle area. Based on how much I am planning to go to WDW in the next year, an AP at the current DVC price made financial sense for me, but an AP at the regular price would not have been worth it. Therefore, I'm definitely a DVC member who bought an AP and who would not have without the discount.

gppnj said:
For me personally, I was right in that middle area. Based on how much I am planning to go to WDW in the next year, an AP at the current DVC price made financial sense for me, but an AP at the regular price would not have been worth it. Therefore, I'm definitely a DVC member who bought an AP and who would not have without the discount.

You are not the only one.

without the discount I would have brought their 10 day tickets. but I would have been in the parks alot less.....A whole lot less.

Thanks for your replies. I've squirreled away lots of old PH's & MYW tix (in my pre-DVC days), I wanted to trade in at least one of them toward our AP's - so I have to wait until I get to the gate in Dec. to purchase. (Just hope they don't discontinue the perc before then).

When I was on the phone a month ago making ADR's, I inquired of the CM as to what I'd receive for trading my left-over MYW Prem tix (which had 4 days, and 4 plus remaining). The person I was finally transferred to said I would only get $28 for each tix toward the AP's.:faint: Sure hope she's wrong...I emailed WDW Guest Relations the same day, and have followed up once each week, but they're still "researching" the:confused: answer.

As I'm also a champion of the MYW dining option, any offering in '06 would be a factor in our decision to purchase AP's.
Time will tell, but my patience wears thin.:banana:

spiceycat said:
You are not the only one.

without the discount I would have brought their 10 day tickets. but I would have been in the parks alot less.....A whole lot less.

Ditto for us.

KEISHASHADOW,

I know the dining plan is great but have you looked into the DDE with the AP? I just bought one this week and it will be a great alternative. You may actually save more money that way if you consider the AP savings. I got a letter in the mail that I could renew my AP for 298.00 with my Disney Visa. Not bad.

go cowboys said:
KEISHASHADOW,

I know the dining plan is great but have you looked into the DDE with the AP? I just bought one this week and it will be a great alternative. You may actually save more money that way if you consider the AP savings. I got a letter in the mail that I could renew my AP for 298.00 with my Disney Visa. Not bad.
Yes, if the DVC doesn't offer some form of MYW w/dining option, we'll pick up the DDE w/AP purchase.

I just liked the convenience of the pre-paid dining option (one less thing to stress about), especially since I refuse to cook on vacation (except for that morning cup of coffee LOL).

keishashadow said:
....(snip)....since I refuse to cook on vacation (except for that morning cup of coffee LOL).
Making coffee is not cooking! That's simply survival - especially in WDW, where it's tough to find a good cup!!
;) :teeth: :rotfl:

Best wishes-

CarolMN said:
Making coffee is not cooking! That's simply survival - especially in WDW, where it's tough to find a good cup!!
;) :teeth: :rotfl:

Best wishes-
How true...coffee is truly my fuel...I haven't found a good cup yet onsite...any recommendations?

keishashadow said:
How true...coffee is truly my fuel...I haven't found a good cup yet onsite...any recommendations?

Yes, my recommendation for finding good coffee onsite - MAKE YOUR OWN!! :goodvibes

keishashadow said:
I always bring and brew my own so that I can at least start out the day in a somewhat civil manner, LOL.

Tubbi's (in the Dolphin) serves Starbucks. You can get a good cup of Hawaiian Kona blend at the Poly (Kona Cafe press pot or the coffee cart just outside the Cafe) and also at Jiko & Boma over at the AKL. The African press pot coffee iavailable in those two restaurants is also very good.

Other than that, WDW coffee is just not very good. Wish they would terminate the deal that makes them serve the Nescafe stuff!! JMHO. YMMV.

Best wishes -

Wonder if I'll have a hard time bringing grounds thru airport security in a baggie? My luck I'd get the full security scan.

In the same vein, I do prefer Coke over Pepsi; but would love to see Diet Mt. Dew (Pepsi product) in the parks...Diet Sprite - Yuck!:banana:

keishashadow said:

When I was on the phone a month ago making ADR's, I inquired of the CM as to what I'd receive for trading my left-over MYW Prem tix (which had 4 days, and 4 plus remaining). The person I was finally transferred to said I would only get $28 for each tix toward the AP's.:faint: Sure hope she's wrong...I emailed WDW Guest Relations the same day, and have followed up once each week, but they're still "researching" the:confused: answer.

don't count on getting more. I have saved my pre MYW tickets and use them in an emergency - you will get nothing for your pluses.

keishashadow said:
Wonder if I'll have a hard time bringing grounds thru airport security in a baggie? My luck I'd get the full security scan.

In the same vein, I do prefer Coke over Pepsi; but would love to see Diet Mt. Dew (Pepsi product) in the parks...Diet Sprite - Yuck!:banana:

Not that we are veering off topic... :teeth:

Ground coffee should be fine - I travel with it all the time.

Also Big River Grille serves Seattle's Best Coffee.

spiceycat said:
keishashadow said:

don't count on getting more. I have saved my pre MYW tickets and use them in an emergency - you will get nothing for your pluses.
A few folks on these boards & AllEars report that you take the price of your MYW tix (less any pluses) and multiply it by the ratio of original days vs. days remaining on the pass. In our instance (subtracting all plus values) & factoring $300 for each tix, with 4 of 7 days remaining on passes - we have a credit for 3 passes of approximately $500.

Quite a difference between $500 & $76 ($28 X 3)!!! Still can't figure out why it's such a big deal to get the right info from WDW. Unfortunately, the public cannot call the ticket windows @ the gate to inquire. Since they're WDW's first line of defense, I'd think they'd have the appropriate answer for me. I've suggested same to Guest Services but, to no avail. This must be one of life's little mysteries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter