Are you allowed to take bottled water and snacks into Disneyland?

Pluto's Pup

Earning My Ears
It's been a few years since our many visits to WDW. Now it's time to venture off to Disneyland! Are you allowed to take backpacks with bottled water and small prepackaged snacks into Disneyland?

Yes. As long as they are not in glass containers.

Outside food and drink is allowed. Ive seen someone have a pizza delivered to them on Harbor, walk through security and walk right into Disneyland.

Thanks Ryan! We're so looking forward to this trip!
Water & snacks for the backpack... but I don't plan on bringing in a pizza!

Yes you can just no glass. We even had a can soda today. I think they had to become less strict when they expanded the security to all of downtown Disney.

As stated above, no glass containers. And sandwiches must be already made, not bags of sandwich fixings, e.g. loaf of bread, packages of cold cuts, jars of peanut butter and jelly, etc. Be careful about cutlery -- plastic should be fine, pocket knives usually are not. Ice packs are fine, but no loose ice or dry ice. If you freeze water bottles ahead of time, those work great as ice packs and give you cold water to drink later on after they melt.

That's why I argue that Disney isn't stingy, even though it can be an expensive vacation. They could easily do like the movie theaters and not allow outside food. But they don't. Their prices simply reflect supply and demand.

When Mad T Party was still going people often would show up with Pizza Press boxes bringing pizzas for their group.

I'm a vegetarian and don't eat sugar or deep-fried foods. That makes it a challenge to eat at DL so I almost always bring my own lunch. Security searches it, of course, but otherwise there are no problems. My concern is that one day they'll ban outside foods and I'll be put in a difficult position.

One of the things I love about Disneyland is the ability to bring in outside food. I always plan for a hotel with fridge and microwave and then bring lots of snacks and fixings so that I can bring my breakfast, lunch, and sometimes even dinner into the park. Or, go back to the hotel for a hot meal.

Here is something we have done for years. If you have the ability, freeze your bottled water. It will have melted enough to drink from it about the time you need it. Then, you can keep adding water from the fountains to the big chuck of ice in your bottle for cold drinks most of the day. Saves a ton of money, especially if you have kids.

Here is something we have done for years. If you have the ability, freeze your bottled water. It will have melted enough to drink from it about the time you need it. Then, you can keep adding water from the fountains to the big chuck of ice in your bottle for cold drinks most of the day. Saves a ton of money, especially if you have kids.

This is so crucial on the really hot days. No one wants warm water by noon.

If you were to freeze sparkling water...I wonder if it would stay sparkling as it melts.

The CO2 is forced out of the liquid by the crystallization. If the container is factory sealed then it should mix back in once the drink is thawed. But if the container has been opened before thawing, then the CO2 will escape as just gas.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!