• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Are you excited for DISWORLD?!" PTR

Kristie13

Earning My Ears
Hello Disboards! :wave2: This will be my first PTR & first TR ever! I am EXTREMELY excited to be heading back to the World for the first time in YEARS.... but before we get into that, Ill tell you a bit about the trip!

When: November 11th - 20th 2013
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
Who: Me & my boyfriend

So who am I exactly? Well Hi!!! My name is Kristie and I am a LONG time lurker of the Disboards. I am 25 years old, and I work in the investment industry in Toronto. This will be my 7th trip to the World, although I have not been in 15 years (can you even BELIEVE that?!). I have DREAMED of going back to the World for YEARS and my dream is finally coming true... I guess what they say about wishing on a star (your dreaaaaams come truuuuue! So corny I know, I apologize for that one).

My boyfriend, Bobby, has been brainwa- I mean... he has agreed to accompany me on this delightful trip! This will be his FIRST ever time to WDW... and I am SO hoping to convert him into a Disney Freak like I am! However, he is already onto my plan. Just the other day I promised him if he took me to Disney, I wouldnt bug him about going again until after we get married and have kids, to which he replied "okay.... WAIT! You KNOW I am going to get hooked and then you wont HAVE to bug me to go again, RIGHT?!" .... He is a quick one! Anyways, he is also 25 years old, and is working as a hard wood floor installer until he finishes a few college courses to become a Firefighter... Yes, I did score myself a Fireman, and I am one lucky lady!

Bobby and I have been together for 2 years, although we dated briefly about 5 years ago. We found each other again and this time it was meant to be! He is my best friend, partner in crime, and the BEST snuggler in all the land! We live together at my parents house- not the ideal situation but we are currently saving up to buy all the furniture we need for an apartment in the city. Disney is going to put a HUGE dent in those plans... I just dont care. Its DISNEY! Like, come on. No contest.

Now, I will let you in on the joke behind the title of this TR. Since I am such a lurker on these boards, Bobby is aware of its existence (I mean, how can he not? I am on here for at least an hour daily...) so when he FINALLY agreed that we were going to go to Disney , he asked me Are you excited to go to Disworld?! Basically, he got 'Disboards' and 'Disney World' mixed up and created a hybrid of the two and I kind of laughed hysterically... I just dont know. I was on a 'Im going to Disney World' high and everything was funny. Moving on! :rolleyes1

So there you have it! A little bit about us, a little about the trip... now LETS START PLANNING!!!:banana:

We plan to leave Toronto in the late morning on November 10th for our drive to Buffalo! We will be flying with Southwest out of Buffalo on November 11th- my whole family RARELY ever fly out of Toronto! Its just too expensive. We usually fly with JetBlue (best airline EVER), but unfortunately their non-stop Buffalo-Orlando flights were already booked up or more expensive than Southwest!

So we will arrive in Buffalo just after noon. We will check into our hotel (not sure which one yet, hoping for either a hotwire or groupon deal!) and then spend the day exploring the Walden Galleria and the Outlet mall for the awesome American shopping we don't get up north! We plan on having dinner at the Melting Pot. YUMMMM. They opened Melting Pot restaurants in Canada, but they did not do well and closed within the year. SO SAD.

Anyways! We have a nooner flight on the 11th. We will arrive in Orlando around 3pm (and i shall have a mini spaz attack because its MCO:goodvibes). From there we'll pick up our rental car and our bags and head to our hotel in the Celebration area (also waiting to book this on hotwire!).

I have not planned this night completely, but I was hoping to take Bobby around to some of the Deluxe hotels we don't have ADR's at to see the christmas decorations. I also thought about going to DTD for some shopping and/or Disney Quest. I think I am going to leave this open so we can decide when we get there in case we are tired from traveling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter