Are you in Devon?

Iain Chapman

Are we back at DLRP yet?
Hi All,

Daft title - however hopefully the right target audience are reading this.

Those of you that are in Devon (or even better North Devon) - just wondering what method you use to get to DLP?.

Been looking into it - the first and second visits (Second coming in November) we used Eurostar - but it's a bit of a drive...

Was looking at the idea of flying from Exeter with FlyBe direct to CDG.

Anyhow, curious to know what others in the Devon area have found to be the best / easy way to DLP?.

Thanks

Iain

You're in luck, Iain, because there are a fair few Devonians on this board! :) We have always gone by Eurotunnel, and would have gone by Eurostar if it were more convenient for our particular needs, even if it is a bit of a drive. The way I look at it is that you can go up a day early and have a day out in London before taking the Eurostar to Disney! :sunny:

I've not really looked at the Exeter flights to be honest... I wonder if it would actually work out cheaper what with all the petrol to get up to London/Dover!

We've been three times from Exeter - each time we've taken the 2.30am coach from Exeter to Victoria, then a taxi to Waterloo which gets us there a couple of hours before the Eurostar sets off so we look round the shops and have breakfast. Coach back gets us in around midnight.

This Christmas however we are going to drive to Ashford the night before, stary in the Holiday Inn Ashford Central and then catch the Eurostar from Ashford. Couple of reasons why our travel plans have changed: Central London on Christmas Eve is like rats in a sewer, the coach broke down on the way home last month and we're not so keen on travelling in London these days.

I don;t like flying so that cuts that option out - that said, I like the Eurostar going directly to DLRP anyway.

Thanks Emmaness / dlpSteve,

emmaness said:
We have always gone by Eurotunnel

That's another option that I'd looked at - price I was quote was roughly £100 return - however, add the time and diesel and that £100 starts to add up.

How do you find Eurotunnel?, How long roughly does it take to get from the French side to DLP?

The FlyBe costs - were around £256 for 2 Adults and 2 Children.

Thanks again

Iain

Happy to help! :)

Eurotunnel is pretty quick at 35 minutes, although it's not as comfortable as a plane or the Eurostar because you only have your own car to sit down in (unless they have changed it drastically since we last went). Still, it's nice to have a bit of a rest and a stretch!

As for the drive from Calais, I seem to remember it being about 2 and a half hours, nearly all on the motorway.

Iain

I'm interested in this thread too. We live in Wales but my son and his wife are moving to Exeter, so we could fly from there I guess. I think that the Eurostar option is probably the one we will choose though.

In the past we have driven to Folkestone, gone through the Tunnel and then driven to DLP. We have stayed on site and incorporated DLP with a camping holiday in France. It is a very long trek from Honiton but I prefer it to a sea crossing. Time from the Tunnel to DLP is about 3 hours I think depending on weather and traffic! If you have sea legs then you could look at crossing from Poole.

The last time we went (in January) I booked cheap flights with Easyjet and flew from Luton to CDG. We then took the coach transfer from CDG to DLP. This was a much more relaxing option as the flight was only an hour.

When I found out they were flying from Exeter I was excited and next time we go I will certainly look at flying from Exeter. I think Flybe are similar to Easyjet in that the earlier you book the cheaper the flight. However, it will be a while before we return as we are booked to go to WDW at Easter 2006.

:sunny:

Just my 2 cents. I am in Somerset and when OH and I went to DLRP in April we did the FlyBe route from Exter to CDG. We found this really convenient and the timings of he flights are perfect (got us to the resport at about 10 am and didnt leave again until 7 ish pm). Exter is a lovely small airport too.

Have fun however you go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter