Are you ready for some cheerleaders??

utahbelle

Earning My Ears
:cheer2:

Well they are coming to invade this weekend. I would try to stay away from the Hilton/Anaheim Convention Center area!

I think the big cheerleader day will be Monday the 11th in the parks. You have been warned :rolleyes1

Okay so this trip is just going to be me and my daughter and we are so excited. The only sadness comes from Splash Mountain being closed......seriously......so sad. It's a tradition for us to ride splash, go straight to winnie the pooh, and then grab a tigger-tail at pooh's corner. And we always buy or splash mountain photo. Major bummer :guilty:

The question I have is about flying into John Wayne airport.......Does anyone know if there is a set fee for a cab ride to our hotel? I remember the Long Beach airport having a flat fee so I knew how much to expect it to cost. Anyone? Thanks!

Our trip:
Staying at the Hilton Anaheim
flying in April 8th
cheer competitions April 9th and 10th
Disneyland April 11th and 12th
flying home April 12th evening

Can't wait!! :cool1:

When I was at DL a month ago, there was a cheer competition taking place as well. OH BOY, was it crowded :scared1: I don't think I've ever seen it so crowded. It was comparable to, if not worse than, Thanksgiving week :sad2: Thankfully we were staying onsite, so we could escape fairly easily :lmao: Though, all rooms were booked at the GCH, which for a random weekend in March (not spring break time) I found to be odd :confused3

As for the the cab fare, I'm pretty sure there isn't any sort of set rate. Every time I've taken a cab (though not to DLR), there's been no mention of a flat rate or any sort of advertisement for it. You can always take the DL bus, I'm not sure what it is called as we never have to use it. But on the OC taxi website, there's a feature that allows you to predict how much your fare will be, which I always find to be accurate. Of course, you need to factor in traffic if you're arriving at around 4 or during morning rush hour.

Have a magical stay!! :wizard:

I thik there have been cheer competitions just about every weekend this last month or so.

My sis was (or would have been, if she hadn't gotten a nasty sprain + growth plate injury the week before it) competing in one 2 weekends ago.

Do they stay in the Conention Center and head to the parks on teh last day ie the Monday? We are there at that time as well - wonder if they park hop? If not might be a good day to hit DCA:rolleyes1

Most all cheerleaders will be staying at the Hilton Anaheim and walking across the street to the Convention Center everyday. Monday and Tuesday will probably be really bad at the parks as the competitions end Sunday night. Everyone I know is Park hopping, so there really isn't a safe place to be!!

Sorry I know my cheerleader will be on her best behavior or she will have to deal with my boot in her rear-end! I wish I could say the same for all the cheer girls going.....I know they can be rude and obnoxious!!

I feel sorry for the cheerleaders. There's a yu-gi-oh regional tournament in the convention center this weekend as well. The nerdy teenage boys will probably be oogling the young cheerleaders :laughing: Oh well. It explains why we couldn't get a room at the Hilton this weekend. We'll be staying at Red Lion along with about 15 people from my husbands card and comic shop.

And as far as a flat fee cab, have you looked at any of the shuttles? The Disneyland Resort bus and super shuttle have flat fees. Also, this is the cab company at SNA: http://www.ocair.com/GroundTransportation/Taxis.aspx You could just call and ask if they offer a flat fee. The worst they could do is say no.

I feel sorry for the cheerleaders. There's a yu-gi-oh regional tournament in the convention center this weekend as well. The nerdy teenage boys will probably be oogling the young cheerleaders :laughing: Oh well. It explains why we couldn't get a room at the Hilton this weekend. We'll be staying at Red Lion along with about 15 people from my husbands card and comic shop.

Hey carebee21, I will be there for the yu-gi-oh championship tournament this weekend. It is a fun card game, but it is just a bad time to be there during the cheer leading competition. I have nothing against cheer leading since my DC is a cheer leader. It will just be crowded during that weekend and hope everything goes well over there.

The Yu-Gi-Oh tournament this weekend is actually a YCS tournament (Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series) which is one of the biggest tournaments of the year. A regional tournament is a small tournament that locals around the area go to and qualify for Nationals. It is common around the US since you don't have to travel to other states to participate in it. A regional tournament can have around (100-400) people and a YCS tournament can have around (600-1500) people. The Championship Series also qualifies for Nationals, but people from all around the US and even people from out of the country would come to this tournament and win big prizes, bigger than regionals. This means a lot to me since I play this game and don't have the money to travel around the US and play in these events.

Hey carebee21, I will be there for the yu-gi-oh championship tournament this weekend. It is a fun card game, but it is just a bad time to be there during the cheer leading competition. I have nothing against cheer leading since my DC is a cheer leader. It will just be crowded during that weekend and hope everything goes well over there.

The Yu-Gi-Oh tournament this weekend is actually a YCS tournament (Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series) which is one of the biggest tournaments of the year. A regional tournament is a small tournament that locals around the area go to and qualify for Nationals. It is common around the US since you don't have to travel to other states to participate in it. A regional tournament can have around (100-400) people and a YCS tournament can have around (600-1500) people. The Championship Series also qualifies for Nationals, but people from all around the US and even people from out of the country would come to this tournament and win big prizes, bigger than regionals. This means a lot to me since I play this game and don't have the money to travel around the US and play in these events.

Sorry! I didn't realize there was a different name for this tournament. I just knew there was regionals, nationals and worlds... But I know this is going to be a big tournament. Konami said they're expecting 2000-2500 and told DH to try to stress to his customers to pre-register on Friday for the tournament. Well, our flight doesn't get in until after it closes for the night, so his players are going to be there as soon as registration starts Saturday morning.

Last year there was a cheerleading tournament the same time as a yu-gi-oh tournament and it went over fine. I know some of the boys actually enjoyed it ;)

Best of luck to you and I hope you have a great trip!

Sorry! I didn't realize there was a different name for this tournament. I just knew there was regionals, nationals and worlds... But I know this is going to be a big tournament. Konami said they're expecting 2000-2500 and told DH to try to stress to his customers to pre-register on Friday for the tournament. Well, our flight doesn't get in until after it closes for the night, so his players are going to be there as soon as registration starts Saturday morning.

Last year there was a cheerleading tournament the same time as a yu-gi-oh tournament and it went over fine. I know some of the boys actually enjoyed it ;)

Best of luck to you and I hope you have a great trip!

It's no problem, sorry for making it a big deal. You are right that this will be a big tournament and it will be crowded at the ACC during the tournament and the competition. A lot of the players for the tournament always try to register on Saturday than the other days since some get there Friday night.

I remember that there was a tournament last year, I believed it was a regional and it was small. This time since it is a YCS, it will be a little bit crowded. That does not stop all these people from going to the competition.

TY and hope you have a good trip too. :)

During one of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Regionals at the Anaheim Convention Center last year there was only 500 something players upstairs + the cheerleading competition downstairs it made for an interesting day.... but we are expecting 2000+++ for YCS this weekend so it will be even more interesting, I know when my stores players heard about the cheerleading competition they got all nerdy and happy LOL.

So where do you play in Sacramento?

It's no problem, sorry for making it a big deal. You are right that this will be a big tournament and it will be crowded at the ACC during the tournament and the competition. A lot of the players for the tournament always try to register on Saturday than the other days since some get there Friday night.

I remember that there was a tournament last year, I believed it was a regional and it was small. This time since it is a YCS, it will be a little bit crowded. That does not stop all these people from going to the competition.

TY and hope you have a good trip too. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter