Are you still holding onto hope for July/August Vacation Plans?

Had a solo DL trip planned for July as part of a work conference. Conference is now being moved to November... Im on the fence. I feel like im seeing a lot of both extremes in terms of opinions. I just think the folks who are saying the parks are gonna be closed the rest of the year and we are all going to be self-quarantined for 9+ months are dead wrong. The economy just won't survive (even if Disney does) and so many folks will be suffering from being out of work, unemployed, becoming homeless it just isn't worth the cost of shutting down the county and make the Great Depression look like small potatoes. I also think the folks hoping for a May opening are a bit too optimistic. The distancing is working, but it can't last forever, the economic costs will start to outweigh the health benefits and eventually people will stop listening to their local governments and do what they want, rules be darned. We are doing our part (My wife is a nurse and im a teacher) , but after July even I will start wavering.

This thing can't be contained forever, its too contagious. Eventually we will have to come out of lockdown, we are simply buying time for our health workers and health system to get the supplies and treatments ready for us. Vaccines take lots of time. We can't freeze everything for 2 years while we wait for one.

If I had to wager, I would say we will see a limited opening sometime in July, nothing like before at first. A year plus of "modified operations" with as much distancing as is reasonable by Disney. Fireworks and parades may not be around for a while and indoor shows might be every other seat. Restaurants everywhere (not just disney) will have to operate half capacity/ Sporting events may have to be limited to every other seat or tv only, but it will be a way to get us into a rolling start.

Yes you all wish to go to Disney BUT it will be some time before this world that we live in will return

to normal ( if it really does ) say August ........ then ALL attractions will have to be " checked Out "

and pass inspection & get certificates to be allowed to " run " again + Insurance Certs.

I would think the first thing to do is Support your own City & State & get your Local Economy

Up & Running with money in the pockets of yourself & your local people

Then spend money within your State.

Think of Disney for 2021 after all it is less than 9 months away

Yes you all wish to go to Disney BUT it will be some time before this world that we live in will return

to normal ( if it really does ) say August ........ then ALL attractions will have to be " checked Out "

and pass inspection & get certificates to be allowed to " run " again + Insurance Certs.

I would think the first thing to do is Support your own City & State & get your Local Economy

Nope. I prefer optimism. See you in WDW this summer!!!

All the FLA people will be flooding my State to escape tghe FLA heat just as they do every year. It'll be an even swap.

Nothing relating to Orlando, but I actually thought about booking a night for me and my husband, daughter and niece at the Opryland hotel in July to use their upscale water park. If it doesn't open by then, just cancel it for a full refund.

We live about 3 hours from there and this is a great idea for the summer!

We live about 3 hours from there and this is a great idea for the summer!
What I have went and done is went in and booked like one night at the end of June and three nights in July. One day on almost all weeks. They are not putting a hold on my credit card for the amount so it is good. I can cancel the day before and not be charged. Today my first reservation at the end of June went down in price by over $100. But it is also the one that is most likely not to happen. But I just cancelled my original reservation and booked a new one with the much lower price. We are about 2.5 hours south of it.

Had a solo DL trip planned for July as part of a work conference. Conference is now being moved to November... Im on the fence. I feel like im seeing a lot of both extremes in terms of opinions. I just think the folks who are saying the parks are gonna be closed the rest of the year and we are all going to be self-quarantined for 9+ months are dead wrong. The economy just won't survive (even if Disney does) and so many folks will be suffering from being out of work, unemployed, becoming homeless it just isn't worth the cost of shutting down the county and make the Great Depression look like small potatoes. I also think the folks hoping for a May opening are a bit too optimistic. The distancing is working, but it can't last forever, the economic costs will start to outweigh the health benefits and eventually people will stop listening to their local governments and do what they want, rules be darned. We are doing our part (My wife is a nurse and im a teacher) , but after July even I will start wavering.

This thing can't be contained forever, its too contagious. Eventually we will have to come out of lockdown, we are simply buying time for our health workers and health system to get the supplies and treatments ready for us. Vaccines take lots of time. We can't freeze everything for 2 years while we wait for one.

If I had to wager, I would say we will see a limited opening sometime in July, nothing like before at first. A year plus of "modified operations" with as much distancing as is reasonable by Disney. Fireworks and parades may not be around for a while and indoor shows might be every other seat. Restaurants everywhere (not just disney) will have to operate half capacity/ Sporting events may have to be limited to every other seat or tv only, but it will be a way to get us into a rolling start.
I agree with a lot of what you wrote, but I don’t think it makes sense for Disney to offer modified experiences like canceling fireworks, seating people in different rows in theaters, spacing people on rides, canceling stage shows/ character greetings. Because the rest of the time you are going to be standing in crowds and touching things that everyone else touched. So what’s the point? You can’t keep people six feet apart as they walk through the park. You can’t disinfect every seat/ handlebar/handrail every time someone touches it or gets on a ride. You can’t have people stand in lines six feet apart. Can you imagine the queues? They would stretch out all over the park and then you’d have people getting all into your space trying to simply walk from point A to point B. So if you are encountering and interacting with thousand upon thousands of people all day what good is it to cancel fireworks? Maybe it’s just my wishful thinking. If they end up doing this we’ll cancel our trip and go when things are normal again.

We have ours planned for the end of August, but have not cancelled yet. I think the reality that it will likely be cancelled is really starting to dawn on me. This was going to be my first time at Galaxy's Edge and due to scheduling conflicts it went from November to my Birthday weekend. I have been looking forward to it for over a year, but I also know that for now this is our reality. I live up in DC and right now everything is closed with no real sign of anything opening up. Plus with all the information we are seeing about the asymptomatic individuals I am worried that when we do open there will be another spike. So still holding out hope, but each day I get closer is a day more that the harsh reality is setting in.

Thankfully rooms are DVC, tickets haven't been purchased yet (the place I purchase them is closed), and 3 of the 4 plane tickets were bought with miles and I can cancel up to 24 hrs in advance.

We are scheduled to go in August, and I'm trying not to worry about it since I have no control over it. If it's open, we'll go. If not, we'll be very disappointed but will be looking forward to Aug 2021 with some extra bells & whistles.

I think the question is even if they were open would you feel safe taking your family there? Would you be ok with major attractions being closed and still paying top rate to be there?

I think the question is even if they were open would you feel safe taking your family there? Would you be ok with major attractions being closed and still paying top rate to be there?
Yes, I would feel fine taking my family there because they aren’t going to open and allow huge crowds. I also think that my family is probably at greater risk just through my husband’s job and, when things resume, my job.

I’m absolutely okay with major attractions being closed. I don’t mind doing a no parks visit. My family desperately needs for the 4 of us to be together once this is over, even if it means no Disney parks or extremely limited attractions.

This is week 7 of my husband living in a camper so he doesn’t bring anything from the hospital to us. So, if we are able to travel as planned in mid-August, we will be there. My kids need the vacation with all of us together.

Yes, I would feel fine taking my family there because they aren’t going to open and allow huge crowds. I also think that my family is probably at greater risk just through my husband’s job and, when things resume, my job.

I’m absolutely okay with major attractions being closed. I don’t mind doing a no parks visit. My family desperately needs for the 4 of us to be together once this is over, even if it means no Disney parks or extremely limited attractions.

This is week 7 of my husband living in a camper so he doesn’t bring anything from the hospital to us. So, if we are able to travel as planned in mid-August, we will be there. My kids need vacation with all of us together.
[/QUOTE
This 100%. My husband and I are both essential, I am an ICU nurse and he is a Fire Fighter. I am totally open to a resort only vacation and relaxation. Just a change of scenery and spending time together.

We've got a late August stay booked but I'm not very confident it will happen. As it looks now, 2 nights in Cocoa Beach, 3 day Dream cruise and then 2 nights at OKW (possibly Halloween party, not sure). But I'm coming from Canada and right now the border is closed to non-essential travel til at least May 22. My airline has already given us the option of cancelling for no fees and a travel credit for equal to what we paid (expires in 24 months with an option to get another 2 year extension). .....oh and plus could we even get travel medical insurance? So yeah....not super hopeful at this point :(

This is week 7 of my husband living in a camper so he doesn’t bring anything from the hospital to us. So, if we are able to travel as planned in mid-August, we will be there. My kids need the vacation with all of us together.

There Must be other places or other States for you to visit , and be a family , Without the Disney Crowds that Will Flock

to the nearest Disney ( & other ) Theme parks in their thousands .

I wanted to go to SeaWorld, Aquatica, Busch Gardens and Islands of Adventure during my 2 week vacation but it looks like this may be a "resort only" vacation and we will be fine with that. We've had timeshare resort only vacations in the past so its no big deal. With all the activities they have on the grounds, we didn't miss the parks at all. I have a feeling the resorts may have to practice some sort of social distancing also and I will be fine with that. Looks like I may plan our stay at Westgate Vacation Villas since they have 13 pools on the property and a waterpark. I know my family will not mind staying there for the entire 2 weeks if we had to. Maybe consider Orange Lake as an option also. Both of those resorts are huge which makes social distancing easier. So far, it looks like vacations for August may be possible at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter