Are you still holding onto hope for July/August Vacation Plans?

Yes, I would feel fine taking my family there because they aren’t going to open and allow huge crowds. I also think that my family is probably at greater risk just through my husband’s job and, when things resume, my job.

I’m absolutely okay with major attractions being closed. I don’t mind doing a no parks visit. My family desperately needs for the 4 of us to be together once this is over, even if it means no Disney parks or extremely limited attractions.

This is week 7 of my husband living in a camper so he doesn’t bring anything from the hospital to us. So, if we are able to travel as planned in mid-August, we will be there. My kids need the vacation with all of us together.
Thanks so much for your husbands job and your families supporting him.
And im guessing hes out on the campgrounds..lol
We just were there in March a few days before it closed we ended up renting a beach house in melborne after cutting our Disney days short. It ended up being the best vacation ever. I think because the three days at Disney we were up before the sun came up and still up we were so tired

Yes you all wish to go to Disney BUT it will be some time before this world that we live in will return to normal ( if it really does ) say August ........ then ALL attractions will have to be " checked Out " and pass inspection & get certificates to be allowed to " run " again + Insurance Certs.

I would think the first thing to do is Support your own City & State & get your Local Economy Up & Running with money in the pockets of yourself & your local people Then spend money within your State.

Think of Disney for 2021 after all it is less than 9 months away

Except that Orlando is my local economy, and my local economy is really hurting from all the travel related closures, between theme parks, hotels, restaurants and the smaller attractions and other companies that support the tourist industry. I have a WDW solo trip planned in August 2020 that I booked last year. If Disney allows me to be there, I will be. I am making a supply of masks, have a good supply of hand wipes and I am willing to stand six feet from every other guest. I want to support my local community just the same as anyone else. It’s just that my local community is one that a lot of other people happen to enjoy as well.

Unfortunately the testing for COVID-19 in Florida has been woefully inadequate so any prediction at this time of WDW reopening is just a guess and a hope or a dream.

Except that Orlando is my local economy, and my local economy is really hurting from all the travel related closures, between theme parks, hotels, restaurants and the smaller attractions and other companies that support the tourist industry. I have a WDW solo trip planned in August 2020 that I booked last year. If Disney allows me to be there, I will be. I am making a supply of masks, have a good supply of hand wipes and I am willing to stand six feet from every other guest. I want to support my local community just the same as anyone else. It’s just that my local community is one that a lot of other people happen to enjoy as well.

EXACTLY!!! People are telling tourist to stay home and support their own economy, but truth is, Central Florida's main economy is based on TOURISM so Central Florida NEEDS us to come. The residents don't spend enough to support the part of the economy which relies on tourism revenue. Which brings to mind the "Florida Resident" discounts. I wont be surprised if some of those discounts get "rolled back" a little until the economy recovers. If less tourist show up, who can they rely on to make up for some of the difference? Local residents, that's who. They may go as far as property tax hikes, who knows. Central Florida relies on tourism as their big money maker. Taxes and fees are lower for residents because of it. I expect the resident discounts will see some kind of impact due to this pandemic. I just hope its a temporary increase and not permanent. But we all know, once they change the discount percentage, it will remain the same and accepted as the new normal.

We are months from our next trip, April was wiped out. We'd feel comfortable going If levels of virus have dropped and Disney is doing great job of screening. Not knowing if this all comes back in fall is another big question. Like everyone else its a wait see. Testing, medical relief are needed.

I think I am officially giving up hope. We have rented a week at Bonnet Creek July 10-18. Wyndham has announced that they will be cancelling all guest reservation. Which I truly respect since the owners should be able to get first dibs. As of right now our reservation hasn't been cancelled. I am really beginning to think that its looking less and less likely that we will be able to stay at WBC and that the water parks will be open (our entertainment for the week). I am thinking of renting a week in Clearwater and enjoy the beach and sunshine.

I guess I need to see check back in to see what the progress is for the re-opening of Central Florida. At one point, there was talk about the NBA going to Orlando area to finish their season. Now I hear talk about Vegas. I guess its Orlando for East Coast and Vegas for West coast. Anyway, I am holding onto hope until the last minute I guess. I did some research yesterday and discovered American Airlines is allowing "free cancellation" if you book before May 31st and have to cancel due to COVID-19 issues. Right now airfare rates are pretty reasonable for summer season. I am thinking of booking airfare for my August trip thru American Airlines. If I have to cancel, they are allowing customers to apply the airfare to a future flight within 1 year.
I think if I book airfare that really means I am not giving hope. :flower1: But....then again.....it could also mean I have chosen to live in denial and not accept reality :laughing:

I guess I need to see check back in to see what the progress is for the re-opening of Central Florida. At one point, there was talk about the NBA going to Orlando area to finish their season. Now I hear talk about Vegas. I guess its Orlando for East Coast and Vegas for West coast. Anyway, I am holding onto hope until the last minute I guess. I did some research yesterday and discovered American Airlines is allowing "free cancellation" if you book before May 31st and have to cancel due to COVID-19 issues. Right now airfare rates are pretty reasonable for summer season. I am thinking of booking airfare for my August trip thru American Airlines. If I have to cancel, they are allowing customers to apply the airfare to a future flight within 1 year.
I think if I book airfare that really means I am not giving hope. :flower1: But....then again.....it could also mean I have chosen to live in denial and not accept reality :laughing:
August trip!! You are going!!

This. I live in Central Florida. I work in Orlando. This IS my local economy.

I think I am officially giving up hope. We have rented a week at Bonnet Creek July 10-18. Wyndham has announced that they will be cancelling all guest reservation. Which I truly respect since the owners should be able to get first dibs. As of right now our reservation hasn't been cancelled. I am really beginning to think that its looking less and less likely that we will be able to stay at WBC and that the water parks will be open (our entertainment for the week). I am thinking of renting a week in Clearwater and enjoy the beach and sunshine.

The way I read the communication (I'm a Wyndham owner) is that owner reservations take priority if they are booked beyond the capacity they are aiming at, so I'm thinking that not all rentals will be cancelled. However, that said, the email also stated that the pools and common areas wouldn't be open off the bat. So who knows if they'll be open yet in July. That could be a deal breaker for a lot of people, probably us included.

As for us, we have reservations for the following week at Bonnet Creek and I'm just in a wait and see mode, but losing optimism when I think about the logistics of the parks and the resort. We're AP holders, so I'll be very interested in how the reopening of the parks at limited capacity goes. We live in CT, so we might still be on a "not you guys, NY, NJ, and CT" limitation anyway...not to mention WE might not feel comfortable traveling yet. So many unknowns at this point, we're just going with the flow and waiting to see how it all shakes out.

The way I read the communication (I'm a Wyndham owner) is that owner reservations take priority if they are booked beyond the capacity they are aiming at, so I'm thinking that not all rentals will be cancelled. However, that said, the email also stated that the pools and common areas wouldn't be open off the bat. So who knows if they'll be open yet in July. That could be a deal breaker for a lot of people, probably us included.

As for us, we have reservations for the following week at Bonnet Creek and I'm just in a wait and see mode, but losing optimism when I think about the logistics of the parks and the resort. We're AP holders, so I'll be very interested in how the reopening of the parks at limited capacity goes. We live in CT, so we might still be on a "not you guys, NY, NJ, and CT" limitation anyway...not to mention WE might not feel comfortable traveling yet. So many unknowns at this point, we're just going with the flow and waiting to see how it all shakes out.

We officially changed plans. We rented a condo in Clearwater. There is still a risk we won't be able to go but I feel like with the beach we can at least enjoy some water and sunshine. Fingers crossed we can go and enjoy. We are bringing our neighbor boys and they are all so excited. 5 teenage boys!!
Hopefully things will be open and you will be able to enjoy your vacation.

We officially changed plans. We rented a condo in Clearwater. There is still a risk we won't be able to go but I feel like with the beach we can at least enjoy some water and sunshine. Fingers crossed we can go and enjoy. We are bringing our neighbor boys and they are all so excited. 5 teenage boys!!
Hopefully things will be open and you will be able to enjoy your vacation.
Oh, I do hope you get to go. It sounds like a great time with 5 boys! I have a teenage DS, only child, we love bringing a friend along when we travel.

Fingers crossed for all of us!

Well I just watched a youtube video by one of favorite vlogger. It looks like August will be possible. Some stores and restaurants are opening. He was at the Orlando Icon park. He ate at an Italian restaurant. He says the restaurants are limited to 25% capacity so that may be interesting. Right now everywhere was pretty empty. But its good to see some progress. However, I am still concerned if its really going to be 'safe' once the crowds start coming back. Although I really want to go, it does seem a little too soon to me. I would prefer 'soft openings' to begin in June. But I do hope all goes well.

Well I just watched a youtube video by one of favorite vlogger. It looks like August will be possible. Some stores and restaurants are opening. He was at the Orlando Icon park. He ate at an Italian restaurant. He says the restaurants are limited to 25% capacity so that may be interesting. Right now everywhere was pretty empty. But its good to see some progress. However, I am still concerned if its really going to be 'safe' once the crowds start coming back. Although I really want to go, it does seem a little too soon to me. I would prefer 'soft openings' to begin in June. But I do hope all goes well.
I think they will be open. Everyone will have to decide for themselves if they want to go. I am in that group that believes its time to open up and go forward and safely navigate this virus. But that is me and my opinion.

If they are open, I'll be going hopefully Aug 7 - Aug 20 for a dual Universal / Disney trip. I've been working the COVID units since this began so I had the virus very early on, as unfortunately has my family. I am so desperate for a break that I would welcome a Disney trip in any form, including having to wear masks, limited dining and maintaining distances. I feel like I'd be more comfortable doing that for everyone else's safety anyway.

If they are open, I'll be going hopefully Aug 7 - Aug 20 for a dual Universal / Disney trip. I've been working the COVID units since this began so I had the virus very early on, as unfortunately has my family. I am so desperate for a break that I would welcome a Disney trip in any form, including having to wear masks, limited dining and maintaining distances. I feel like I'd be more comfortable doing that for everyone else's safety anyway.
Thank you for your service and sacrifices! :thanks:

Think of Disney for 2021 after all it is less than 9 months away
I gave up hope on my September trip, which was to be our first, and on our son’s 7th birthday. I rescheduled to April of next year. Its not that I gave up hope that Disney will be open, because they may very well be. Its that I gave up hope for a normal, dare I say magical Disney experience. Maybe for those that have been there many times, a social distanced, mask-covered, no hugging Mickey Mouse Disney still would be better than no Disney. But for me, my only Disney memories are from when I was a kid, and thats how I want it to be for my son’s first trip. I dont want him to remember Disney with coronavirus-mask covered faces.

which vlogger?

thx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!