- Apr 23, 2009
I like the way your DH is thinking. I also know that this "wait and see" process seems to be taking away the fun of looking forward to vacation. Are you flying or driving? If you are flying, did you buy airfare yet? Is it refundable upon cancellation? If you are planning August like me, I think our window of going or cancelling will be mid June. I have decided that Monday, June 15th is my deadline to make a decision. Right now, my plans are to be in the Central Florida area(Orlando, LBV, Kissimmee, Tampa) from Aug 12th - Sept 5th. My DH doesn't think we are going. So it's a wait and see for us too. I refuse to give up hope YET but I still haven't booked airfare yet. We missed going last year for the first time in 12 years and I can't imagine not going this year either. I guess that is why I am not ready to give up yet. Hang in there....set a date to make the ultimate decision and TRY to stick to it.As of today, I'm ready to cancel our August trip, simply because the anticipation of a trip is supposed to be fun, and right now waiting to see if we an go or if we will want to go isn't fun. But DH is still holding on to the dream.
I completely agree with you that I will regret cancelling if they are open by July. Personally, we don't need to go to theme parks to have a GREAT time!! As long as the timeshare resort/condos are fully operational, that is all we need. So where we stay will be important. If we are relying on the activity center and activity teams to keep us entertained, then WHERE we stay is important. DD13 has already added her two-cents and insist we stay at Orange Lake for a week then Westgate Vacation Villas for two weeks. These resorts have EXCELLENT on-site activity staff and schedules to keep you well entertained without having to leave the resort. I've been watching my favorite Vlogs on YouTube, and gift shops, restaurants, Orlando Icon park and other stuff are starting to have "soft" openings, and it's only May. So, I am going to hang in there and make a decision on June 15th. Who knows, when June 15th approaches, I may extend my DECISION DAY into July.Firmly believe they will be open by July.
If they are wide open you'll regret canceling we are just waiting to see for ours...if their open we go they close we will reschedule.