Are you still holding onto hope for July/August Vacation Plans?

Jroceagles

GO BIRDS
No offense intended to the poster at all from the heart but still a big nothing burger. A giant stall. A we'll see. Smoke and mirrors again. Nothing of substance. More of the same. People's time and money dangling. If it's all about the safety, then close already. Close for the year. Just SAY IT! If it's union issues, spell it out. But stop playing the games. Give people a minimum date so they can move on and plan!
what? they are submitting next week. Universal open June 5th. Disney wont allow that to be a long term plan.

peaceluv&mickeymouse

Mouseketeer
An asterisk date is not too much to ask for as a resort guest when trips are costing thousands of dollars. This isn’t a trip to the local zoo.
I get the frustration but I don’t think they can say a date or even speculate a date until they submit the plan and it gets approved. Not sure what else they could do. I am certain they have been working on re open plans this whole time. Hopefully we all hear something soon. 🙏🏻

• Jroceagles

GO BIRDS
    I get the frustration but I don’t think they can say a date or even speculate a date until they submit the plan and it gets approved. Not sure what else they could do. I am certain they have been working on re open plans this whole time. Hopefully we all hear something soon. 🙏🏻
    expect June 15th to July 1 for opening. They will not let all these other parks take their revenue.

Beer Me

DIS Veteran
    This is a first for us bringing the whole group of kids. We love our neighbor boys and they are great kids. I worry about entertaining everyone in Clearwater. We thought they would have had a blast at Bonnet Creek and the waterparks we wouldn't really need to do anything to entertain them. We could have waited (and still might have to) but the boys were all so excited we figured we would try a beach vacation. I am sure it will all work out and we will have a great time. I think i might end up cooking more than i had planned but that's fine, it beats being at home and working!
    We are staying at Indian rocks the first week of July, just down the road from Clearwater. We have two teen boys. For entertainment beyond normal beach and pool activities you can rent jet skis for an afternoon or book a private fishing trip (I’ve used the FishingBooker app).

We were planning Busch gardens (want to ride iron gwazi) but that’s kind of tentative right now. If it’s open and things don’t seem too crazy we might still go. Thanks to youtube vloggers we should be able to know what it’s like at the time.

Who knows what the restaurant situation will be. We definitely plan on lots of cooking, grilling and take out.

we have pushed Disney to at least next year, maybe even 2022. I can’t muster any enthusiasm if there are significant restrictions to remind you of the virus all the time.

• TamaraQT

DIS Veteran
    Well my vacation hopes for late August are dwindling. I didn't have any plans to go to Disney but I was REALLY looking forward to visiting Orlando and Tampa areas. As far as parks, we were going to do the 14 day unlimited multi-park ticket for SW/AQ, BG/AI. My extended family backed out from going when we went into quarantine. They lost hope that Orlando would be fully operational by August. My DH, DD and niece refused to give up hope. Now since social distancing will still be in effect and inside dining restricted at 25%, I am not sure we should continue to hold onto hope much longer. As we all know, WDW is the real dictator here when it comes to vacation. If WDW is limited and restricted, then other parks will follow suit. My DD and myself would be content with a "timeshare resort ONLY" vacation. I don't mind grocery shopping and making many of our meals in the condo or getting take-out. But my DH believes if the pool area will still be limited, and on-site activities and entertainment are limited then what is the point? Personally, I think with airfare being so inexpensive right now, it may be worth getting away regardless of the limitations. The only REAL expense will be airfare and renting a car and condo. There will be no park tickets, and since we have to eat regardless if we are home or away, that will balance out to about the same. So currently, I am just here to vent. DD and I look forward to our Florida vacation and this will be 2 years in a row we will miss. I am so disappointed that our window of opportunity may be slowly closing. :sad2:

KristinU

DIS Veteran
    No offense intended to the poster at all from the heart but still a big nothing burger. A giant stall. A we'll see. Smoke and mirrors again. Nothing of substance. More of the same. People's time and money dangling. If it's all about the safety, then close already. Close for the year. Just SAY IT! If it's union issues, spell it out. But stop playing the games. Give people a minimum date so they can move on and plan!
    I agree. I honestly think the vagueness and game playing is to keep reservations on the books for as long as possible to protect the bottom line and the optics to shareholders. Their stock would tank if they announced they were keeping parks closed until X date, especially if X date is fairly far into the future.

Bjkandma

DIS Veteran
    We are still holding out, but I agree this game playing needs to stop. Make reservations for June, oops, Disney cancels. Reservations begin July 1st. I'm interested in knowing how Disney's transportation system will work. Will they limit capacity? Will they be cleaning the monorail, skylines and buses? How often? What about restaurants, limited capacity? Who will be allowed to enter the parks?

not sure I want to spend thousands of dollars and not get everything I expect. Disney always said there were no discounts on tickets for those that don't ride. Why? Because they have lots of shows, meets and greets, parades and fireworks - not now!

• sdoll

DIS Veteran
    Well my vacation hopes for late August are dwindling. I didn't have any plans to go to Disney but I was REALLY looking forward to visiting Orlando and Tampa areas. As far as parks, we were going to do the 14 day unlimited multi-park ticket for SW/AQ, BG/AI. My extended family backed out from going when we went into quarantine. They lost hope that Orlando would be fully operational by August. My DH, DD and niece refused to give up hope. Now since social distancing will still be in effect and inside dining restricted at 25%, I am not sure we should continue to hold onto hope much longer. As we all know, WDW is the real dictator here when it comes to vacation. If WDW is limited and restricted, then other parks will follow suit. My DD and myself would be content with a "timeshare resort ONLY" vacation. I don't mind grocery shopping and making many of our meals in the condo or getting take-out. But my DH believes if the pool area will still be limited, and on-site activities and entertainment are limited then what is the point? Personally, I think with airfare being so inexpensive right now, it may be worth getting away regardless of the limitations. The only REAL expense will be airfare and renting a car and condo. There will be no park tickets, and since we have to eat regardless if we are home or away, that will balance out to about the same. So currently, I am just here to vent. DD and I look forward to our Florida vacation and this will be 2 years in a row we will miss. I am so disappointed that our window of opportunity may be slowly closing. :sad2:
    I think a nice resort only vacation would be amazing right now. I have already determined i will cook most of the meals in our condo. I am actually ok with that. I can't wait!!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.