Are you still holding onto hope for July/August Vacation Plans?

I gave up hope on my September trip, which was to be our first, and on our son’s 7th birthday. I rescheduled to April of next year. Its not that I gave up hope that Disney will be open, because they may very well be. Its that I gave up hope for a normal, dare I say magical Disney experience. Maybe for those that have been there many times, a social distanced, mask-covered, no hugging Mickey Mouse Disney still would be better than no Disney. But for me, my only Disney memories are from when I was a kid, and thats how I want it to be for my son’s first trip. I dont want him to remember Disney with coronavirus-mask covered faces.
I honestly can't see the mask thing "sticking." I completely agree with you, though. If they are requiring masks for our scheduled trips, I'll just cancel. We will find other things to do.

I have a trip planned for late July and I was talking with my travel companion. I think we're still on for the trip, regardless of what Disney looks like in terms of operations.

We're from NJ, and as long as we're able to travel freely, we're in need of a vacation!

I have a trip planned for late July and I was talking with my travel companion. I think we're still on for the trip, regardless of what Disney looks like in terms of operations.

We're from NJ, and as long as we're able to travel freely, we're in need of a vacation!
I am also from NJ and I heard at one time they may be turning us away at the airports. :scared1: I hope that isn't true. I hope its just a cruel shot at humor. :sad2:

If they are open, I'll be going hopefully Aug 7 - Aug 20 for a dual Universal / Disney trip. I've been working the COVID units since this began so I had the virus very early on, as unfortunately has my family. I am so desperate for a break that I would welcome a Disney trip in any form, including having to wear masks, limited dining and maintaining distances. I feel like I'd be more comfortable doing that for everyone else's safety anyway.

You deserve it...Thank you for your service. :thanks:

I am also from NJ and I heard at one time they may be turning us away at the airports. :scared1: I hope that isn't true. I hope its just a cruel shot at humor. :sad2:
While we're not "banned" per se, it is true that NY, NJ, and CT have to quarantine for 14 days if traveling to Florida. Oh, I see that LA has since been added to the list. As of today, this is still in effect.

From visitflorida.com:

All persons traveling to Florida from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut or Louisiana are required upon entry to Florida to self-isolate or self-quarantine for 14 days, or for the duration of their presence in the state, whichever is shorter. Roadside checkpoints are set up on interstates to check for potential COVID-19 cases coming into Florida from areas with substantial community spread of the virus. The checkpoints do not apply to commercial drivers or health workers.

And from floridahealthcovid19.gov:

Governor’s Actions Regarding Travel
Executive Order Number 20-86

• On March 27, 2020, Governor DeSantis directed all individuals entering the state of Florida from Louisiana to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into Florida or the duration of the individual’s presence in Florida, whichever is shorter. This includes persons entering Florida by roadways. This order will take effect immediately.
    • This Executive Order does not apply to individuals employed by airlines or those performing military, emergency, or health responses.
    • All persons isolating or quarantining will be responsible for all costs associated with their isolation or quarantine. This includes transportation, lodging, food, medical care and any other expenses to sustain the individual during their period of isolation or quarantine.
Executive Order Number 20-82
  • On March 24, 2020, Governor DeSantis directed all individuals entering the state of Florida from the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York) to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into Florida or the duration of the individual’s presence in Florida, whichever is shorter. This order will take effect immediately.
    • This Executive Order does not apply to individuals employed by airlines or those performing military, emergency, or health responses.
    • All persons isolating or quarantining will be responsible for all costs associated with their isolation or quarantine. This includes transportation, lodging, food, medical care and any other expenses to sustain the individual during their period of isolation or quarantine.

Really really hoping things are open somewhat normally in August-middle kid is accepted to UCF and we are planning on driving her down (flying home). That week is also the week DH's oldest daughter had her annual conference at Disney-it is by a medical association and so far-they haven't cancelled yet. Am looking forward to staying at Contemporary for first time at convention rate. Last year was at Grand Floridian-and I got to take my grandson to his first Mickey Halloween party while his mom and dad attended a dinner (which they were going to skip or get a babysitter). Hubs couldn't go last year and he was insanely jealous of the pics with grandson lol! He will be 5 this year...
Also have had my HHN trip to Universal booked for months. Went ahead and booked airfare too-with the low rates and flex change policy-why not? Heck I'm tempted to book a long weekend in october as airfare is so cheap! If stuff is cancelled we will use it up sometime.

I fully expect cases to rise a bit as things open up-but remember the vast majority will be mild/moderate and not require hospitalization. Hospitalization rates are the marker to follow more so than the daily alarmist "X amount of new cases!"(especially if there isn't context of Did they provide more testing? What was delay in testing and results?) If hospitalizations stay manageable/down trend then that is a positive sign. I'm considered high risk and I'm not worried, and take whatever precautions are recommended.

Moved vacation from end of June till end of August. Still wait and see. Want to make sure of the limitations before I commit. Not enough value if there are too many modifications in place.

While we're not "banned" per se, it is true that NY, NJ, and CT have to quarantine for 14 days if traveling to Florida. Oh, I see that LA has since been added to the list. As of today, this is still in effect.

From visitflorida.com:

All persons traveling to Florida from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut or Louisiana are required upon entry to Florida to self-isolate or self-quarantine for 14 days, or for the duration of their presence in the state, whichever is shorter. Roadside checkpoints are set up on interstates to check for potential COVID-19 cases coming into Florida from areas with substantial community spread of the virus. The checkpoints do not apply to commercial drivers or health workers.

And from floridahealthcovid19.gov:

Governor’s Actions Regarding Travel
Executive Order Number 20-86

• On March 27, 2020, Governor DeSantis directed all individuals entering the state of Florida from Louisiana to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into Florida or the duration of the individual’s presence in Florida, whichever is shorter. This includes persons entering Florida by roadways. This order will take effect immediately.
Executive Order Number 20-82
  • On March 24, 2020, Governor DeSantis directed all individuals entering the state of Florida from the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York) to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into Florida or the duration of the individual’s presence in Florida, whichever is shorter. This order will take effect immediately.
This really bugs me that they include the whole state of N.Y. I am from Buffalo , no where near the tri state area of NYC. It is discrimination. There are areas so much worse than Where I live, yet they throw us in the bucket. The definition of the NYC tristate area does not include Buffalo So not sure why it is included .

This really bugs me that they include the whole state of N.Y. I am from Buffalo , no where near the tri state area of NYC. It is discrimination. There are areas so much worse than Where I live, yet they throw us in the bucket. The definition of the NYC tristate area does not include Buffalo So not sure why it is included .
this will be lifted when WDW opens or shortly after.

Definitely, there are other whole states that are way closer to NYC than you are! I suppose it is easier to just do a blanket statement than to do it by zip code or something like that. I'm kind of expecting it will be lifted by phase 2...we're all starting to go down while other areas are going up anyway.

So for those of us who are still sticking to plans, who is driving down? Who is flying? I can't do the drive by myself so we always fly. DH said on our first trip, if we can't fly, we can't go and he means it. Once I thought about driving down stopping ALOT along the way and making it part of the trip. He said "NO WAY" :sad2: Anyway, airfare has been so reasonable lately but I still haven't purchased. I guess I deep down I am still uncertain on if we will go or not. I will give it another week or so. I better check my emails, I may have some more low fare alerts!!! :rolleyes:

So for those of us who are still sticking to plans, who is driving down? Who is flying? I can't do the drive by myself so we always fly. DH said on our first trip, if we can't fly, we can't go and he means it. Once I thought about driving down stopping ALOT along the way and making it part of the trip. He said "NO WAY" :sad2: Anyway, airfare has been so reasonable lately but I still haven't purchased. I guess I deep down I am still uncertain on if we will go or not. I will give it another week or so. I better check my emails, I may have some more low fare alerts!!! :rolleyes:
If we go, we'll fly, direct flight so there is less exposure of planing and deplaning and walking through another airport, etc. I love a good road trip and we do travel by road fairly frequently as well, but when I step back and think about exposure, I feel like a plane will ultimately be less. Between fast food stops, restroom stops, gas stops, and for us a room overnight somewhere, that would be a lot more surfaces to touch and people to come in contact with instead of a single 3 hour flight. And I think airports and airplanes are going to be the cleanest places for a while since they're under so much scrutiny. Individual gas stations and truck stops, while I'm sure they'll be doing their best for cleaning and stuff, they're not going to be at the same consistent level as airports and planes IMHO. That's just my two-bit armchair analysis, of course!

As of today, I'm ready to cancel our August trip, simply because the anticipation of a trip is supposed to be fun, and right now waiting to see if we an go or if we will want to go isn't fun. But DH is still holding on to the dream. ;)

As of today, I'm ready to cancel our August trip, simply because the anticipation of a trip is supposed to be fun, and right now waiting to see if we an go or if we will want to go isn't fun. But DH is still holding on to the dream. ;)
Firmly believe they will be open by July.

If they are wide open you'll regret canceling we are just waiting to see for ours...if their open we go they close we will reschedule.

Firmly believe they will be open by July.

If they are wide open you'll regret canceling we are just waiting to see for ours...if their open we go they close we will reschedule.

We have a back-up trip already booked, so if we decide to cancel, I'll just transfer my excitement to that trip. Myself, and one of my kids are very much alike in the pre-trip time being so important to us. We relish the lead up to the trip. So we're both struggling to feel excited right now. Plus, even if they are open before our trip, we want them to be open long enough tp have made it through a few phases and also to see the feedback from guests and to see what changes, if any, happen in terms of the spread of the virus.

DH & I decided to wait until 1 week before our FP window opens to decide. The week before is when I sit everyone down and say "Okay, tell me what the 3 most important things are for you in each park." and then we try to find a way to make those things happen. So when we hit that mark we'll decide once and for all.

My non-partner-in-planning child has already said that he's fine with waiting for June. And the one who likes to plan also loves character interaction, so I'm guessing if he has to lose both of those things he may lean towards June as well. But I will feel bad for DH. Because he's working out of the house still and work is very stressful for him right now, and I know he could use a bit of Disney magic. So for his sake I hope things are looking a lot better for both Disney and in regards to the spread of the virus by then end of June because that's when our FP window opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!