Are you sure it was AP's filling the parks recently?

MychaelP

Mouseketeer
This topic may have been beaten to death, but.....
I noticed yesterday (Sunday) after the special $129 southern California deal appears to be over that the park seemed to return to normal crowds. After 9pm, Star Tours was just about walk-on, as was Autopia. RSR was just 60 minutes most of the day with some periods I noticed it was just 45 minutes compared to 100 the previous weekend. Autopia area looked like a ghost town at about 10pm.
Maybe it wasn't the So Cal Passholders filling the park after all. Maybe it was the $129 special deal causing the crowds. Maybe the recent pass changes is Disney going back to a single type So Cal pass along with the Deluxe and Premium they had years ago. More money for Disney this way potentially.
It was just really noticeable to me of significantly less crowds.

No line at Hungry Bear restaurant at 5pm, no line at the Bakery, an hour after that. Had a great time with our So Cal passes without the huge crowds that have been there these last few months.
Anyone else have thoughts on this?

If the topic is beat too much already, don't reply and it the topic will disappear soon enough.

Another person hoping for lower crowds the beginning of July.

I was there in the 8th & I thought that dl seemed crowded, but dca wasn't. Screamin was a walk on

I was there in the 8th & I thought that dl seemed crowded, but dca wasn't. Screamin was a walk on

We were at DCA on the 8th as well and the only two rides that had lines of any measure were RSR and Toy Story. The rest were essentially walk on. We got Fps for RSR at about 12 pm and they were for 3 pm. For the rest of the week BOTH parks were entirely packed and the RSR Fps were long gone by 10 am. Sunday 8th was by far our quietest day. Sat 7th in the afternoon (we arrived about 3 pm) was more busy than Sunday but also far less busy than our remaining days which were 9th through 13th. 9th through the 13th was ridiculous after 11 am up until fireworks (which is when we left so can't comment after that).

Not having the discount SoCal tickets absolutely will contribute to smaller crowds on Fridays - Sundays. A lot of people took advantage of that offer to get their annual Disney fix in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter