Are You...

Our restaurants opened for dine-in last week I think (?). Went out to lunch today. It was lovely.

Not sure about hair cuts just yet but I can cut my own hair (in fact I did that a couple of weeks ago) since I have long curly hair so it's not obvious on me. My two teenage boys, however, need a professional haircut. So we shall see how I feel in another week or so.

I don’t anticipate being more cautious, but will continue to wear masks where required and wash/sanitize hands after going somewhere.

If I had underlying conditions I think I would be more cautious.

Dental visits worry me still. A place where the mouth is involved and some procedures can make saliva, etc into fine droplets that are scattered throughout the room. How will they sanitize a whole room after each patient?

We went out to dinner for the first time last night. It was so enjoyable. The restaurant was following strict protocols put in place our governor. I am getting a haircut/color next week. I am so ready to start easing back into a normal life.

However, I am not anxious to go to our neighborhood pool. Although rationally I know chlorine kills many germs, the pool is just one bridge too far for me right now.

I’m beyond ready for things to open up again here. Still no haircuts, dine in, playgrounds, camping ect. open here yet. Me and my daughter work at a grocery store and my dh is a truck driver so we have been working and dealing with the public everyday since this whole thing started and I can’t wait to get back to somewhat “normal”.

I’m willing to go anywhere at this point, I’m not worried about the virus. My kids have been hanging out with friends and having sleepovers again. I’d say about 25% of people coming into the grocery store I work at have a mask on. Personally I don’t like them and I won’t go anywhere that requires me to wear one.

We have opened......I'm overly cautious and will continue doing as I have been until I feel it is okay to venture out more.
Which means only grocery shopping and having my family here for pool time.

I’m ready for things to open up and when they do I’ll venture out. I’ll wear a mask where it’s required which is just about everywhere in my state. I don’t wear a mask outdoors. If it’s not required I won’t wear it.

I look forward to have a bit of normalcy back into my life.

My state just allowed gatherings of 25 for outdoor. Today we are having a bbq with about 15 people.

Ready to go once things open in your area or being more (maybe even overly) cautious?

Me...I'm in the overly cautious group. I have been shopping only once every other week. I will get take out once per week (or less). Stores & restaurants have just gotten the okay to open but I won't dinning in for a while. I do need a new clothes washer, so I will be making a trip to Home Depot tomorrow or Monday.

edited because I think I forgot how to write sentences.
My area is still closed up with some changes so modest I don't even remember what they are, LOL.
Nevertheless, I still plan to remain cautious when all the restrictions are removed.

P.S. In the middle of the night we ALL forget how to write a sentence;).

I’m cautious. We are in phase 1 but I haven’t visited any stores besides the grocery stores.
It’s just my opinion but I think a lot has to do with peoples history and medical issues.

When DS was 16, he survived by a thread from a random virus. Was in ICU for a while, 1 long year of recovery. Missed last year of high school. I’m more cautious than most.

I've been ready to do anything/everything for a long time...

I flew down to our condos in AL on May 11th, since the state was far more open than ours.
I dined inside restaurants, outside on patios, walked the beach, sat at the pool, visited friends. It was lovely!

While down there our state supreme court overruled our governor, and more opened in my home state. Got my hair colored yesterday and will see my shoulder doctor on Tuesday.

caution to the wind baby, full steam ahead

I'm with low-key

We are ready to get out, and are very much looking forward to our state loosening things up a bit for eateries, and it's starting to look like that may be sooner rather than later. We still live in a area that requires masks, and we have no problem wearing them as requested, but do look forward to not having to wear them.

I'm not going out and about as normal because nothing is really "normal". I think many persons have their head in the sand.
Case in point: family in store (grocery) yesterday, man, woman, 3 kids all old enough to know what's going on, no masks. Sorry, I don't want to be anywhere near you!!
Since I feel that way, I limit my outings. Everyplace under the sun can open but I probably won't be there.

I’m cautious. We are in phase 1 but I haven’t visited any stores besides the grocery stores.
It’s just my opinion but I think a lot has to do with peoples history and medical issues.

When DS was 16, he survived by a thread from a random virus. Was in ICU for a while, 1 long year of recovery. Missed last year of high school. I’m more cautious than most.

I hope your son is doing well now!!! Your experience sounds frightening. When kids are involved ….. and then your own child..... I can't imagine.

staying cautious. our county just got approval to enter phase 2. i understand it from a business standpoint but i think it's misguided from a health standpoint-the state adjacent to us (which is close enough that people in my area/the other state crisscross back and forth for shopping and jobs) opened up just a little over 2 weeks ago. in the last 3 days my county has had double digit increases in confirmed cases-coincidence? i don't think so b/c the adjacent state is showing increased numbers w/the biggest number of cases in over a month.

I don’t anticipate being more cautious, but will continue to wear masks where required and wash/sanitize hands after going somewhere.

If I had underlying conditions I think I would be more cautious.

Dental visits worry me still. A place where the mouth is involved and some procedures can make saliva, etc into fine droplets that are scattered throughout the room. How will they sanitize a whole room after each patient?

Here the dentists have to work with very specific guidelines from their licensing agency. Certain tools can’t be used and other types are used (I can’t get specific as I usually just sit there with my eyes closed wishing I was somewhere else).

They only have one patient at a time in the building , or mine did, others may have one per dentist. But at my office, my dentist works certain days of the week and his partner works other days. And the entire room or cubicle is wiped down after each patient. So it does seem completely safe.

For those of you who choose not to wear a mask when out & about (like in a store, etc.), what’s your reason for not wearing a mask? Do you feel that your risk of spreading the virus is low or non-existant? Or are you trying to make some sort of “statement”, whatever that might be?
I’m really just curious, that’s all. No judging here. Thank you!

We are slowly returning to life. I do curbside pick up from Walmart and Target. But we have been out to eat, we like places with patios or decks and we sit outside. Going to the beach today.

I keep hand sanitizer in the car and use regularly after getting gas, etc. and am more mindful of disinfecting cleaning supplies.

I don’t go anywhere that requires a mask inside. I am not protesting. I just don’t feel comfortable with it on. No where is it required outside so parks, zoos, etc are all good to go!

So while I wouldn’t say I am being particularly cautious, just being picky about where I go or what I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!