Area by Walmart for a late grocery and essentials trip

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
We are taking a late flight and need to make a trip via uber to grab some essentials when we land. By the time we check in at our hotel I estimate it should be around 1030pm. The Walmart on Turkey Lake Rd by 1-4 is the closest at only a 5 minute drive so I think we'll probably end up there.

Does anyone know how safe this area is at night? We'd probably be done shopping and calling the return Uber at about 1130 or midnight so its a bit of late night shopping for myself and a 16 year old (If I can drag her with me). I'm always a bit nervous about unfamiliar areas. Thanks in advance.

I can second the busyness of this Walmart. No exaggeration we’ve waited over an hour and half in a massive line just to pay, which was not great after getting off an 8 hour flight a couple of hours before.

A lot of locals use this Walmart to do their regular weekly shopping at night and there’s always a lot of South American Tour Groups that go there to get cheap souvenirs after being in the parks.

Personally, I would avoid it!! There 2 years ago after a late night flight-never again! This year we're waiting to the morning, and heading to Publix-

We go to that location everytime we never have an issue, i normally go late after the kids are asleep.
There are so many people in the area they are always busy.
You can always do delivery or pickup your first delivery is free if you use the code fastcar

I would shop there frequently late at night when I did the DCP. Always plenty of people. Never had an issue. I'd just be mindful of one's surroundings.

I go every time, and quite often very late (aka after kids are asleep, etc) and never have a problem. It's busy, but any Walmart in a tourist area is.
Great option for souvenirs and even disney branded ponchos and umbrellas when you realize you need them. ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!