Area outside of DLP

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
How safe is the area outside DLP? We are staying at an apartment a 30 minute walk from DLP and a 10 minute walk to the train station. Is that a safe area of Paris?

Which city are you sleeping? Asking because you mentioned “30-minutes walk”, most roads around the resort are not lit at night.

The area near Disneyland Paris should be considered safe, but like most cities, you should be careful of your stuff.

If it's 30 minutes walk from DLP, it must be Val D'Europe?
I agree with Cwis, I am not sure how wel lit these areas are at night, but I wouldn't feel comfortable. I'm sure it's safe, taking normal precautions in mind, but I wouldn't do it. To walk from a station to your hotel is fine in the surrounding areas.

Disneyland Paris is 20 miles from Paris.

Hi
Disneyland Paris is actually not "close" to Paris indeed. It is 32 kms (ca. 20 miles east of Paris).

It can take between 30 and 45 minutes by car or train according to the type of transport you use and the trafic.

30 minutes from the park might be Val d'Europe or where contracted and associated Disney hotels are.

In any case, the area is rather safe the only thing is that except a huge shopping center opened untill 8pm, local train stations and fields there is nothing much to do in the evenings except anything related to Disney -like Disney Village-.

Alternatively, you can go to Paris but will need to consider the journey time (especially if you use train. The service stops around 12 am to go back to Disney area).

Please feel free to ask if you need more infos.

There area around Disneyland sure is safe but it's not made in a way that makes walking anywhere from DLP a good idea. You would wanna use the train/bus to the next city unless you wanna walk along a barley lit street with nothing but grass around it.

How safe is the area outside DLP? We are staying at an apartment a 30 minute walk from DLP and a 10 minute walk to the train station. Is that a safe area of Paris?
We stayed in the city where you get the train at ValDEurope. Our hotel was just a 3 to 5 min walk to station mall and designer outlets. Awesome security safe mall with big grocery store inside and plenty to eat around there. The area was safe. You have to be careful at night of course on side streets that are darker as everything closed up early. But the town is well lit with international restaurants and a clean quaint family run movie theater that plays american films in English with French subtitles (we saw marvel endgame there, took in our own snacks and wine). I noticed many couples and college age was the norm. We also took Uber's to area around that were a longer walk. Uber was efficient and great. Just check your account after your ride we sometimes got charged fees after driver canceled. A trick I found they do to get 6 bucks. Most were honest and charged correctly. Some taxis moonlight as uber and switch to taxi per min rates especially to CDG. But one quick post to cust service on their app and it was charged back np. We found almost all in town speak some English. Just greet them in French and use Google translate! You will love that area living like a local. As anywhere you travel walk with caution but with confidence.
The area I thought was sketchy was the chessy station & bus areas just outside of Disney gates! Be careful of distractions, scammers and pick pockets there as in Paris tourist areas. Like you would in any big city.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!