Areas to crawl in the parks?

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
We've been to the parks a lot but I've never noticed things from a babies perspective before.
where on earth in the parks can I let my 10 month old crawl? I know she is going to want to get out of that stroller.
I have a few ideas in EPCOT like the Aquarium but where in the other parks?

The only place I can think of where it would be safe for a baby to crawl around would be in the Baby Care Centers in the parks - anywhere else I'd be concerned about the amount of foot traffic unless it happened to be a lucky time of day when not many people were around. there's an area inside the queue of Dumbo's that's set aside as a play area, though it's not exclusively babies/toddlers. I think there's a small area in/near the queue of Winnie the pooh too.

MK: go to Dumbo's queue. There is a playground indoors that children can play at while they wait to ride. Even if you don't plan on riding, you can still play. They have a little toddler area there! It still will be busy for a 10mo but maybe if you can go during a quiet time, you'll have better luck!

EPCOT: the Seas, for sure!

DHS: who the heck even knows with all the mayhem with Star Wars... I'd just avoid entirely. 🤣

AK: in Dinoland there's a playground that's pretty soft. Again, busy but you could make it work. Also, some of the trails would be sufficient but of course, hard on the knees.

Don't be afraid of going to the resorts if necessary. Sometimes we need a break from MK and just hop on the monorail to the Contemporary. My son loves just running around on the floors with the convention rooms!

Thankyou for the replies. Yes I forgot about the Dumbo area, our 19 month old loved playing in there and now she is 3 I'm sure she still will so that is a great place to let her and the baby "loose" (with supervision of course)

This is great info! I have an active 10 month old and was wondering where she could get her wiggles out in the park. Thanks for sharing!

Morocco is the best-kept secret in Epcot for families who need a break from the crowds. If you go farther back, there's a pretty secluded, shady area with a nice water fountain and zero people. (I've literally never seen more than 5 people there at one time.) It's hard concrete, but it's cool and quiet and could be a good place for your little one to burn off some energy.

Also agree that Tom Sawyer's Island is a fantastic MK option.

Morocco is the best-kept secret in Epcot for families who need a break from the crowds. If you go farther back, there's a pretty secluded, shady area with a nice water fountain and zero people. (I've literally never seen more than 5 people there at one time.) It's hard concrete, but it's cool and quiet and could be a good place for your little one to burn off some energy.

Also agree that Tom Sawyer's Island is a fantastic MK option.
I just hope Tom sawyers is open it hasn’t been in all of my trips and I’m dying to see it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter