Ariel's Grotto and PS Reservations

3TinksAndAnEeyore

DIS Veteran
I'm planning on going to Ariel's Grotto for lunch on the Thursday of our trip. Looking at last year's data for park opening, I'm guessing DLP will open at 9:00 (though we'll be doing early entry at 8:00) and DCA will open at 10:00. This will be the second day of our four and half-day trip. Does anyone have a suggestion for the best time to go to AG for lunch on this day? Do you get a better dining and/or character experience going earlier rather than later? Or vice versa? Is there anything else I should keep in mind for making our priority seating at AG?

Thanks a bunch! :)

I think they have "set times" for PS, instead of continually seating people throughout the day. When we were there last month. It seems like everyone was seated, they made a special announcement for one little girl's bday, and then they announced each princess (waiting for each to get through a few tables before announcing the next one). We had PS at 3:40 and it was perfect. We ate breakfast before entering the park at 10 am, had a little snack around 1:00 and were ready for a great meal by 3:40.

Yes, they have set times now.

I honestly don't recall this from our visit last year, but this time I was given two times to choose from when I asked about seating at 1.30 PM - we did get 1 PM in the end, I think the other seating was 2.40 or something.

We have 11:30 PSs. We are doing the same as you. MM at DL at 7:00. Grabbing FPs bedore we head over to DCA about 30 minutes brfore DCA opens. Riding a few rides and grabbing Soarin' FPs before our 11:30 PSa at Ariel's
As for the characters, they are much more organized than others. Instead of the characters rambling through the dining room, they make an roral announcement. Then they come out one at a time and go from table to table, inside first and then outside. So you miss no one and the interaction is the same regardless of time

Thank you all for your helpful replies! :). I called PS this morning (Oct 10) to make our reservation for 11:30 (or as close to that time that they are doing the seating). I set my alarm for 6:45 (on a Saturday, mind you! :scared1:) and got the call in right at 7:00. I know it was probably not really necessary to call first thing in the morning 60 days ahead, but better safe than sorry, right?I got right through to a CM, but when I told her what I wanted, she asked whether I could hold. I was on hold for about 3 or 4 minutes with doomsday scenarios of AG being closed for our entire trip (well, I was still kind of sleepy and my brain was apparently at it's most dramatic). When she came back, she told me AG had not been opened up for PS on the 10th yet, but a manager would be in at 8:00 and they would fix the problem then. When I inquired about a PS for Cafe Orleans for dinner, she said the whole day was still locked. Oops! :eek:

So much for getting up early on a Saturday! :rotfl:

I wouldn't worry too much about being right on the ball with a PS at DL. My trip is Nov 5th-9th and I called this last week at about 12:30pm. I was on hold for a max of 5 minutes and was able to get a 11:40 PS for Ariel's and all the other PS's I wanted as well.

Unless you are doing the Fantasmic buffet it just isn't necessary to call the second the PS opens up.

I suppose that is true.

However the only time I'm getting up early for Disney is if there is a plane to catch or a rope drop to get to ;)
lol I agreem i calle yesterday for our tip in less than 10 days and got a bfast PS for my birthday!! I am so looking forward to spending my birthday with the Princesses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter