Ariel's Grotto closed in September??

AMT826

Earning My Ears
Just found out we are getting Magic Bands for our trip in September. I was looking at the FP+ options and Ariel's grotto was grey and not clickable because it said it was closed for refurbishment??? I haven't seen this anywhere else on the referb lists. Ariel is my youngest DDs favorite princess and will be heartbroken if we don't get to meet her. Does she meet anywhere else besides CRT if her grotto is closed? Does anyone know for sure that it will be closed? We will be there Sept. 15-20 going to MK the 16th and the 19th.

Thanks.

I think it might be a glitch in the system. When we were able to make our reservations, it was available. A couple days later, it showed closed for rehab for a week or more. Three or four days ago, you could make reservations again. Then, this morning, it showed closed for rehab again. I checked my FP reservations and it is still listed as a good fastpass. Would suggest that you keep checking periodically.

...how much rehab can be done to Ariel's Grotto? lol.

It's a bunch of rocks around a path...with a mermaid lady sitting on a rock, and a photographer.

...how much rehab can be done to Ariel's Grotto? lol.

It's a bunch of rocks around a path...with a mermaid lady sitting on a rock, and a photographer.

Lol, I've never been there before so I wasn't sure. But.... I just looked on the Magic Kingdom times guide for that day and it isn't on there. Making me a little nervous, I really hope it's just a glitch. All my DD has been talking about is meeting Ariel.

I agree with the pp, I don't see what could really be rehabbed. I also wouldn't waste a FP on that. We were there with very high crowd levels and met her several times b/c my dd is a huge fan of Ariel and the wait was never more the 15 minutes.

I assume we are talking about the new grotto, since the old one closed three years ago :) It really shouldn't need an extensive rehab at all.

I was curious, so I checked, and the official calendar doesn't show any times for it on Sept. 8th and later. No explanation.

It could be a calendar glitch.

I agree with the pp, I don't see what could really be rehabbed. I also wouldn't waste a FP on that. We were there with very high crowd levels and met her several times b/c my dd is a huge fan of Ariel and the wait was never more the 15 minutes.

Oh okay, thanks. I was going to use one for that, I figured it would have a long wait. Thanks for letting me know, ill use that one for something else now. :)

Oh okay, thanks. I was going to use one for that, I figured it would have a long wait. Thanks for letting me know, ill use that one for something else now. :)

I've been looking for a good answer for about a week now. I'm hoping that IF the grotto is closed then Ariel would be re-introduced back into adventure land. DD is going dressed as Ariel for the MNSSHP so either would do

isn't that Grotto new? I wouldn't think it would be in need of a rehab already?

I too have noticed this while trying to decide what fastpass+es to book during our trip at the end of the month - interestingly though, like Space Mountain, it shows as closed for refurb on some days, but not others. I think that they are doing small changes in stages to set up the new FP+ entrances, at least that is what I've heard from friends who have just come back this week. I do know that Space will be closed for 2 days at a time over most of September, so I am hoping that Ariel's grotto will also have some days open as well - I was able to book a Fastpass+ for it so my fingers are crossed!!!

When I checked a few days ago the site said that it's going to be closed when we're there at the end of October as well. Kenny the Pirate said it's incorrect and that it'll be open. I hope it's open when you're there, too!

When I went to book my fastpasses for our trip at the end of November, it says that Ariel's Grotto is going to be closed for refurb then too (wasn't going to use a fastpass on this one....but noticed it). So, I went another route and looked on the WDW website on the Meet Ariel at her Grotto page and clicked on our dates. It says "no times available" there too. Hmm...A friend of mine just got back from WDW and said that it was SUPER HOT in the line for the Ariel meet and greet and that everyone was commenting on it (I guess it's inside a building/mountain type thing?). Maybe they are closing it for a while to do something about that? :confused3 My DD will be totally disappointed if she can't meet Ariel in her mermaid form. Already doing Akershus. But, the mermaid thing would be so much cooler to her! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter