• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ariels Grotto?

Rapunsel

Tinkerbell... mood subject to change without notic
I have booked a lunch there on Jan 6th and I was wondering what others have though.. I am taking my mom, her friend, DS 4 and DD1.
Know of anywhere that I can look at a menu. I have scoured the sight and not found much.

The reason why we chose here is because DD is named Aurora after... Sleeping Beauty.. though she rarely takes a beauty nap.. :goodvibes

Thanks so much!

Rapunsel

We just went to the dinner Friday night and had a wonderful time. We were three adults and DD3. I read mixed reviews about this character meal, but we really enjoyed it. The food was fine and the character interaction was great. We have attended character meals at WDW and preferred those only because they were buffets and we could time things a little better. At this restaurant, our food arrived at the exact same time as the princesses, so everything was a little cold by the time we were ready to eat it. But, it wasn't a big deal and DD loved the whole experience and that was enough for me!

I think it's 20.99 for adults and 13.99 for kids 3+. I also think it's the same price for lunch and dinner. I can't remember everything off the menu, but you get to choose a soup or salad (house salad, onion soup, chk noodle), an entree (grilled salmon sandwich with fries, meatloaf, chicken pot pie, chicken caeser salad, seafood salad, and a few other items), then dessert (avoid the peach cobbler, but everything else we sampled was good.) It also includes a non-alcoholic beverage.

I hope that helps you!

We have eaten there several times in the past couple of years. We have always enjoyed it and think that overall its a good value. The characters come around and because its not a buffet you aren't getting up to get your food and then worrying you will miss out on a princess! I believe you can find the menu on www.allearsnet.com Click on the 50th anniversary heading, then DLR Dining. It will have menus for most of the restaurants. I believe it lists lunch, but dinner is the same, only a couple of dollars more. Sorry I don't know how to post the exact link! Sleeping Beauty should be there so you all should enjoy that!

I dined there for lunch a couple months ago with a large group of adults. We all enjoyed the experience very much. I had a pasta dish which was good. Some of the other entrees were chicken Caesar salad, pot pie, and hamburgers. I highly recommed the Rocky Road Dessert. ;)

Ate there a couple of weeks ago. Food was only fair, we thought. The princesses were lovely. Food wasn't worth the price. But, as I told my father when he complained about $21 for a burger -- you're paying $7 for the burger and $14 to watch the princesses visit with your granddaughter!

I have been there about 5 times...mixed experiences from great to terrible. I think it really depends on your server and how much they care about your experience. Stay away from the pot pie, and if your server seems inattentive at first, do something about it. We actually sat and waited for drinks over 20 minutes one time. The price is cheaper for lunch than dinner and does not include desert. Here is the menu.

Starters: choices include
Ship-Shape cheesy onion soup.
Swimmin' chicken noodle soup
Boathouse Salad

Entrees: Choices include
Paradise Bay Fish & Chips
"Under the Boardwalk" Burger with Cheese
High Striker Pasta
Surf 'N' Salmon BLT
Cove's Chicken Pot Pie
Sun Wheel Ahi Sandwich
Beachfront BBQ Chicken Sandwich
Lobster Cobbster

Desserts: Choices include
Haagen Dazs Midway Triple Maddness
Chocolate Paradise Cake
Three for the Rocky Road
Peach at the Beach Cobbler

Children's Menu:
Ursula's Octa Dog with Mac and Cheese
Under the Sea Fish Sticks
Sebastian Spaghetti
Mickey Nuggets
Goofy's Grilled Cheese

Desserts:
Ariel's Swirls of Pearls Ice Cream
Wigglin' Jigglin' Flounder
Pluto's Dandy Sandy Treat

Meny items may have changed since my last visit a few months ago.

GreenGirl8 said:
The price is cheaper for lunch than dinner and does not include desert.
I dont know if this is the norm, but we were able to get a dessert with lunch. We got an appetizer, entree and dessert. :confused3

They may have changed since the last time I have been there. It used to be that at lunch you had to buy dessert. It is possible they do the same for lunch/dinner now instead of two different prices/meal options. :)

Ah, that makes sense. Maybe it was extra and I just didnt realize it since our meal was taken care of by the program we were with. I just know when we were seated we were told we could order one of each course, so I assumed it was included.

Yes dessert in now included in the lunch price.

We went to Ariel's last week for lunch. It was crowded and I was sure glad we had priority seating. My dd 3 1/2 loved it. The princesses are great! It was well worth the price for the one on one time with each princess!

The kids chicken nugget meal was served in a little sand pail with a shovel. My dd thought this was a riot. The food is all served at once with the other tables. We had a wait for the drinks. Soup came quickly, main course took awhile. I had the chicken salad and DH had the burger. The burger was cold. After commenting on the food, the manager was able to resolve my DH complaint to his satisfaction. We then had a short wait for dessert. The chocolate cake was awesome! The apples and ice cream was so so.

All in all I would say the food was okay. Watching my dd interact with the princess was well worth it! We saw Snow White, Belle, Cinderella, and Mulan. Aurora was not there but we found her in the animation building later in the day. We also saw Aurora at the castle and we saw her riding the golden horse on the carousel.

You all should have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter