Around the world at Epcot segway tour

lisa2465

Earning My Ears
Hi,

does anyone know why they did away with around the world segway tour at epcot?? I loved this tour, and will they offer any kind of segway tours?? I know of the one at FW, but was wondering of ones in the parks.

I have not seen that they have done away with this, only that they have canceled reservations up to April. May reservations still exist.

After being on hold for over 25 minutes, I was informed yesterday that there were no openings for next week when I am there. But I can keep calling back. They did not say anything about not having this tour available.

Judy

I read the story about that yesterday. All I've heard is that the tour is cancelled for now, no word on if it is a permanent cancellation...

My DH and I did this on my honeymoon back in July and were looking forward to doing it again in December! I was writing about it on my PTR and it just completely bummed me out. We loved this tour! Had a great time!

I hope they bring it back!

I just got off the phone with Disney and was informed that they have cancelled all the Segway tours. Now I have to tell the Granddaughter.

Judy

:headache:

Last I heard they were keeping the Fort Wilderness Segway Tour open. I may have to call and ask myself on my lunch break! :guilty:

The most plausible theory I've heard relates to a lawsuit a while back trying to force to use of segways in the parks as a form of assisted transport like wheelchairs and scooters.

My guess is that Disney doesn't want to look bad from a legal standpoint of banning segways, yet using them for in-park tours. I've got a feeling outisde park tours will continue, but we won't see any segway use inside any of the parks.

Are security and cast members still using segways inside the parks?

The most plausible theory I've heard relates to a lawsuit a while back trying to force to use of segways in the parks as a form of assisted transport like wheelchairs and scooters.

My guess is that Disney doesn't want to look bad from a legal standpoint of banning segways, yet using them for in-park tours. I've got a feeling outisde park tours will continue, but we won't see any segway use inside any of the parks.

Are security and cast members still using segways inside the parks?

The only time I've ever seen a cast member on a segway was during the tours and very rarely around Epcot. I've never seen them at any of the other parks.

We have done both Segway Tours (Epcot twice and WL once). Loved both but really liked being in Epoct before the park opened. Sorry to see the Epcot one go. Would have loved doing that one again.

I seem to remember seing CM on Segway's in the parking lot. The security at our local mall also used a Segway.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter