Arrival day recommendations - Lunch or Dinner?

Yujailec

Mouseketeer
Hello, my fellow DIS-ers!

My family and I will be driving from Miami on the first week of December, I figure we will be on property by early afternoon. I plan to spend our arrival day "resort hopping" to check out all the Christmas decorations.

I would like to book an ADR either for lunch or dinner while we tour the resorts. What places would you recommend for lunch OR dinner on arrival date?

TIA!

MK area resorts - Ohana at the Poly, Wave at the Contemporary, Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian, Trails End at Fort Wilderness

Epcot/HS area resorts - Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club, Olivia's at Old Key West

AK area resorts - Sanaa at AK Lodge

It really depends on if you're adventurous eaters or not.

Animal Kingdom - I'd go Sanaa
Poly- I'd go with Kona Café or Ohana. I personally think Ohana is a bit overrated and high cost if you have kids 10-13 range that won't eat much its a lot to pay. My 12 yr. old hardly ate anything and it still cost $60+, when she'd prefer chicken nuggets.
Fort Wilderness - Hoop Dee Doo Review, good food and a show :)
Caribbean Beach - Heard lots of good reviews for Sebastian's Bistro

There's also a lot of good quick service that you will come along also, so that's an option if you don't want to be stuck to an ADR time while enjoying the decorations. Sassagoula comes to mind.

1. How big is your family?
2. What types of food do y'all like? Are there any picky eaters or young children in your party?
3. What is your price range?
4. Where are you staying?

There are many options are all the resorts, but it would be easier to narrow things down with the above info.

@Axel We are a family of three, my husband and I and our 5 year old. My parents and sister might be joining but that’s not for certain right now.

We will be staying off property but within a 10-15min drive to anywhere in “the World.”

We are adventurous eaters and have a pretty flexible budget, however, I’m topping it off at $50/pp for a buffet $30/pp if it’s a la carte.

@SinCityMMAFan
@DisArmyWife215

I’ve considered O’hana since my daughter loves Lilo and Stitch but dinner is not a character meal. Also I am vegetarian so the price points seems kind of unreasonable given that I won’t enjoy most part of the buffet and my little one probably won’t eat the money’s worth either.

We went to Sana’a during our last trip and though everyone loved it, I’d like to try something new this time around.

The Wave seems to get a lot of mixed reviews and the lack of “Disney vibes” makes me feel kind of meh about it.

Trails End was one of the first places I looked into for Chef TJ and the great prices but also seems to get a lot of mixed reviews?

Beaches and Cream’s may be a good option for lunch. The theme looks super cute! I will definitely look more into it as well as Sebastian’s Bistro and Sassagoula

Last edited:
Personally due to the beauty of the lobby's and X-Mas decorations:

Animal Kingdom Jambo/Kidani-Jiko or Sanaa, each has very good food!
Grand Floridian-Narcocees or Citricos, have had wonderful meals there.
Contemporary-The Wave, several very good meals, excellent bar!

@SinCityMMAFan
@DisArmyWife215
Beaches and Cream’s may be a good option for lunch. The theme looks super cute! I will definitely look more into it as well as Sebastian’s Bistro and Sassagoula
Beaches and Cream is meh for food in my opinion, but a great stop off for some ice cream. Sebastian's Bistro seems to have a good mix of vegetarian entrees. If you give it a go report back on what you think. I'm interested in trying them out but don't think we'll make it this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter