Arrival time for Cat. 2 Mickey's Backyard BBQ?

Tara8595

DIS Veteran
What time should we get there? I just booked this for Thanksgiving - never been there but I like to try everything once, and recently the reviews have been better than in the past. So, giving it a shot. All the Cat. 1 was booked for all 3 Thanksgiving shows by the time I got online at 6:15am this morning, so, I have Cat. 2 (which I'm still not convinced that it's not a glitch).

Not too worried about not getting Cat. 1, because my son will be 11, and he's a "Disney kid" if you know what I mean - he enjoys/suffers his mom's obsession and we have so many character pictures, I could wallpaper my kitchen without repeating a photo - so not worried about missing out on character interaction... though *I* might get up and dance with Mickey and attempt to not kick any 4-year-olds out of the way. BUT.... I digress...

All that said, what time should we arrive for Cat. 2 seating, and will we be seated somewhere specifically or is it a stampede to the tables? Is it worth arriving early just to enviously watch the Cat. 1 people having fun while we wait?

Recent opinions appreciated! Thanks.

Following - we also just booked Cat 2 (9/15/18) and will have 3 toddlers and 8 adults..

Cat 2. 30 minutes in line before. Plan to be on the boat at MK an hour before. Later if taking boat from CR or WL. When we come from POR we plan 1.5 hours from bus to line. There's plenty on food and drink if you are late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter