Arrival time on day 1

tljp109

Earning My Ears
Hi all

We’re visiting next month just for 3 days. I'm keen to head down from Waikiki first thing on day one, but I wondered how early is too early?? I keep seeing things about pool chairs being snapped up so I wondered if we arrived there around 8 (realising we won’t get into our room till the arvo) that would be ok? There are 4 of us.

Thanks heaps

Hi all

We’re visiting next month just for 3 days. I'm keen to head down from Waikiki first thing on day one, but I wondered how early is too early?? I keep seeing things about pool chairs being snapped up so I wondered if we arrived there around 8 (realising we won’t get into our room till the arvo) that would be ok? There are 4 of us.

Thanks heaps

As with most any resort, you can arrive very early. Your room won't be ready (or extremely unlikely anyway!), but you can check in, leave your luggage, go put on your bathing suits and jump into enjoying the resort!!! Same thing for check out day. You would have to be out of your room on time, but you can leave your bags and enjoy Aulani! Have fun!

And btw, one of our stays at Aulani, we had island hopped over from another island and arrived at like 10:30am. It was no problem at all. We checked in, gave them our bags, they parked our rental car (valet), and we went down to grab some lunch and drink in that view at AMA AMA. We could have enjoyed the pools or spa or any other resort amenities. :cutie: Btw, Laniwai Spa is AWESOME!! :worship:

We had no pool chair issues in late September. While the ones closest to the pool were always taken early, there were often seats available in the back rows, at the adult pool, and also on the deck in front of Ama Ama. July may be busier, but we were expecting it to be a pain and really wasn't. Also, I do believe lounge chairs on the beach are almost always available no matter the time of year, so that's another option as well if you don't want to arrive quite so early.

You'd probably need to leave Waikiki around 7 to make it to Aulani by 8. I'm thinking you'll be headed in the opposite direction of the heaviest traffic, once you get out of Waikiki. IMO, it's not worth it to rush and/or get caught up in traffic just to get to Aulani by a certain time. I would just grab beach chairs, worst case scenario.

Also, I do believe lounge chairs on the beach are almost always available no matter the time of year, so that's another option as well if you don't want to arrive quite so early.

In all our trips to Aulani, we have found this to be true. The "choice" loungers in shade or near the main feature pool are snagged EARLY, but we loved being by the newer pool toward the Four Seasons hotel.

I agree with nkereina that you should not have much traffic leaving HNL in the a.m. hours as rush hour will be coming INTO Honolulu. If you are excited about getting out to Aulani and enjoying the resort, go for it! When you aren't too far out from Aulani on the drive out to Ko Olina, there is a Home Depot that will be on your right and there is almost always a Leonard's Malasada's pink food truck there. You might stop for a very popular Oahu treat on your drive out! :cutie:

In all our trips to Aulani, we have found this to be true. The "choice" loungers in shade or near the main feature pool are snagged EARLY, but we loved being by the newer pool toward the Four Seasons hotel.

I agree with nkereina that you should not have much traffic leaving HNL in the a.m. hours as rush hour will be coming INTO Honolulu. If you are excited about getting out to Aulani and enjoying the resort, go for it! When you aren't too far out from Aulani on the drive out to Ko Olina, there is a Home Depot that will be on your right and there is almost always a Leonard's Malasada's pink food truck there. You might stop for a very popular Oahu treat on your drive out! :cutie:

We loved the pool closer to the Four Seasons. Our choice of loungers are the ones facing the ocean. Those loungers were usually occupied by 7am. However, around 8am, there were still loungers available, though maybe further back from the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter