Arriving A Day Early

kimberwee

DIS Veteran
I made a decision yesterday. Last month, Southwest changed our flights so our arrival into MCO was going to be later in the afternoon. This prompted me to waitlist 2 studios at the Poly for arrival a day early. There was a good chance that we were never going to get our waitlists, so when a 2BR BCV popped up yesterday when I was stalking the DVC availability, I grabbed it for our group of 7. :cool1:

We are officially starting our vacation on 11/19 now, instead of the 20th, and we even got a refund of 8,706 points with Southwest for the flight change. Mind you, we don't get into MCO now until 12:20 am, but I prefer that to having to wake up at 3am to get to the airport on the 20th. Early starts like that make for a long cranky park day. We have a layover in St. Louis with plenty of time to grab dinner before boarding to MCO. The ME will be a late ride and we won't be able to enjoy the room much, but breakfast at Ale & Compass sounds great before we head over to DHS, by boat, for the day!

We'd totally written off trying to explore SWGE with a late day arrival, but now that we are coming in a day early, we have a shot! :cheer2: I went ahead and set up a reservation finder for Oga's and am now ready to buy park tickets!

What I'm most excited about... this also moves up our window by a day for FP reservations...and with Thanksgiving crowds, every day counts :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!