arriving after midnight. What do we do?

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
Changed flights to earlier flight, that arrives at midnight. New room (for just one night then switching rooms) only sleeps 4, have a adults and children 4,6,8. We will arrive at hotel around 130 am and leave by as soon as we wake up, likely by 8:30.

Really do not want to get two rooms reserved, could possible arrive so much later if flights are delayed plus sleeping in different room plus cost.

DME would take those in room to hotel. How early could other adult (me) get on DME to go to second hotel that we will check into Later that morning? Could I ride with family to first hotel?

Hoping DVC waitlist comes through.

So I could take Dme the next day. Will not have to go right after flight?

Benefit of staying at Disney is I could leave luggage at 1st hotel to have transferred to second hotel and avoid all the transfer.

Rooms that hold 5 are all booked. May just do 2 rooms if available at same hotel.

Just as a warning - do not try to sneak an extra person into a room at Disney.

It would be so much easier to stay at the Hilton at the airport (or another nearby hotel) and take DME early in the morning.

Changed flights to earlier flight, that arrives at midnight. New room (for just one night then switching rooms) only sleeps 4, have a adults and children 4,6,8. We will arrive at hotel around 130 am and leave by as soon as we wake up, likely by 8:30.

Really do not want to get two rooms reserved, could possible arrive so much later if flights are delayed plus sleeping in different room plus cost.

DME would take those in room to hotel. How early could other adult (me) get on DME to go to second hotel that we will check into Later that morning? Could I ride with family to first hotel?

How about staying at the hotel at MCO that night, and taking ME to WDW resort in the morning?

There are tons of hotels within 10 minutes of the airport. Otherwise you will have to ride 35 minutes over to Disney when you could have been in bed instead of driving to WDW. By the time you drive to WDW, arrive at your disney resort find your room and get settled in for the night, you could be sound asleep at the airport hotel.

So I could take Dme the next day. Will not have to go right after flight?

Benefit of staying at Disney is I could leave luggage at 1st hotel to have transferred to second hotel and avoid all the transfer.

Rooms that hold 5 are all booked. May just do 2 rooms if available at same hotel.

No, pretty sure, if they are not on the reservation the 2nd adult can't get on the ME with the others.
Normally, we book a Value room at Disney for the nights we arrive really late but we can get by with only 1 room.
They may be booked now but odds are something opens up between now and then, depending on when you are traveling.
Otherwise, price out 2 rooms at a Value compared to the Hyatt at MCO. I find it's usually close to $200/night but every once in a while we get lucky and find it cheaper. If I do, I stay there but normally, Disney Value rooms are less so we stay there, and then move to our other rooms.

Just as a warning - do not try to sneak an extra person into a room at Disney.

It would be so much easier to stay at the Hilton at the airport (or another nearby hotel) and take DME early in the morning.
FYI,
It's a Hyatt, not a Hilton

I would just stay at a hotel by the airport. We did this when we had a flight land at 9pm just to avoid the hassle and get to bed at a decent hour so we could get up and head to the parks the next day. We stayed at a Hampton Inn nearby with a free shuttle. Took the shuttle back to the airport in the morning and hopped on DME.

I would not even bother spending that much money on two rooms at Disney for a couple hours in the room. I would go on priceline or hotwires and book a room that has an airport shuttle for cheap. Priceline express rooms don't ask how many people are in the room so easy to just book and get everyone in the room. Then take the shuttle back to the airport and ride DME to Disney. If your worried about a flight to tell DME then just look up flights for the next day that come in early and but that flight number in to DME. They don't call the airline to verify the information.

So you’ll have gotten your bags, transported them on dme, taken them to your room, next morning taken them to Bell Services to be transferred (you’ll only have them available at the second resort after official checkin time)....

To me that’s more of a pain than taking them to an airport hotel, then to dme to your Disney hotel and just leaving them. Especially if you can get the in-airport Hyatt regency.

Best would be a room for that night at your ongoing hotel in the same category, so you don’t have to move at all.

Going to try to get an earlier flight as my main worry is moving children and luggage so late. Will pack as light as possible. Concern with hotel near airport is that shuttle may not run that late at night. If we get a room for all of us at Disney then we will leave luggage at bell as we check in to be sent to next room, keep what we need in backpacks or one small luggage for the night.

Will look for hotels near airport with all night shuttles or the Hyatt at airport.

So if we stay at airport we can just wait till next morning to take DME. Do I have to make up a different flight number to ride DME next day? Maybe it just takes me 8 hours to exit plane and walk to DME, lol.

Here's the issue you're going to have. If you have a room that sleeps only four that means you're going to have to leave someone off the reservation, and that means that person can't ride DME to the Disney hotel. So, you would have to book two Disney resort rooms. That will be costly. Then up in the morning, either give bags to Luggage Assistance and have them move your bags to the next resort (and not have bag access until late afternoon/early evening) or take Uber to the resort with your bags. At least you will have access to the bags until the room is ready.
If it were me, I would stay at the airport, either at the Hyatt, or a nearby hotel with a shuttle. If there wasn't a shuttle running, you could always use Uber.

Late arrivals mean the Hyatt for me. Super convenient and worth the price.

Just pick a flight for the next morning when you book ME. Not an issue.

Don't forget: Make your Magical Express reservations for the day of check in. If your time of arrival at the welcoming area is off by a few or several hours then it is not necessary to call and change the reservation.

If, heaven forbid, you went ahead with the resort room for 4 persons for one night upon the midnight arrival, the fifth person should have had a DME reservation for the next day check in for the "main" resort reservation.

Last edited:
Going to try to get an earlier flight as my main worry is moving children and luggage so late. Will pack as light as possible. Concern with hotel near airport is that shuttle may not run that late at night.
1. If we get a room for all of us at Disney then we will leave luggage at bell as we check in to be sent to next room, keep what we need in backpacks or one small luggage for the night.

Will look for hotels near airport with all night shuttles or the Hyatt at airport.

So if we stay at airport we can just wait till next morning to take DME.
2. Do I have to make up a different flight number to ride DME next day? Maybe it just takes me 8 hours to exit plane and walk to DME, lol.
1. This is what we do all the time. Never a problem. When we arrive prior to 10:00 we even let ME pick up our bags since we have no need for them. They'll gladly hold them and move them to our next hotel the following morning. We never see those bags that first night.

2. You can. To make it "official" but folks have found that ME really doesn't even care anymore. As long as they see your Disney Resort stay begins that day and all members of your party are included on that confirmation, they will add you when you check in and let you board. But it will streamline the process if you go ahead and find some flight that arrives on the day you plan to use ME

You could ride it to the other hotel at 1201am I am sure. Now, you won't have a room at that time, but you could take DME there. - We often get in at all early hours of the night. I don't know that there's a way for you to ride the DME to the first resort though....although you could uber once you to the 2nd resort etc.

You could ride it to the other hotel at 1201am I am sure. Now, you won't have a room at that time, but you could take DME there. - We often get in at all early hours of the night. I don't know that there's a way for you to ride the DME to the first resort though....although you could uber once you to the 2nd resort etc.
Good idea to just drop off suitcases at the other hotel. We will be at Saratoga. Maybe even get a hotel near Disney Springs.

Last edited:
Don't forget: Make your Magical Express reservations for the day of check in. If your time of arrival at the welcoming area is off by a few or several hours then it is not necessary to call and change the reservation.

If, heaven forbid, you went ahead with the resort room for 4 persons for one night upon the midnight arrival, the fifth person should have had a DME reservation for the next day check in for the "main" resort reservation.
Yep, we all have a reservation for next days reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter