Arriving before July 11 and checking out July 11 or after...

chad_1138

Mouseketeer
I thought this would be a good place for those of us in the unique situation of having a trip scheduled for arrival before park openings and departure the day of opening or after.

Are you planning to go if it is resort only for part of your trip? Are you leaning toward cancelling? Are you hoping to get upgraded?

We are scheduled July 5-17 at Pop. I spoke to a CM yesterday and she said that once things are not locked down on bookings that we should be able to move our dates, which is what we are hoping to do. However, we have decided that if we cannot move our dates, we will most likely keep our trip, especially if we we to get moved from Pop to a Deluxe.

So when is your trip, what have you heard, what are you hoping?

We are July 9-15 at Beach Club- not DVC though. We want to keep the whole reservation or at least from July 11 on. I am just worried we may get canceled altogether because the reservation begins before July 11. I booked Dolphin for the 16th and 17th and I also have a back up at B Resort for the 9th-15th in case we are canceled- I just don't know if that will be able to get us a reservation into the parks. We have tickets in MDE already. I have called and they have no information on anything!

My YC reservation from 1 to 11 July was cancelled by WDW. No notification, just vanished from MDE and TA’s system. My YC CL reservation from 12 to 19 July is still alive.

Booked July 10-15, at contemporary. I’m hoping they let me keep my plans. We are perfectly fine with the 10th being a resort day only

We have Pop scheduled for 7/10-7/20. I know they are probably willing to move us if it’s not open. I am just worried about them letting us keep our tickets as part of our package.

Talked with a CM about our July 5-17 POP trip today. Got the 35% from our cancelled free dining and our park hopper refunded. They did have to send our resort move up for review. Should hear back in a couple days. He wouldn’t tell me which resort, but he did say if it works out the way he thinks, we are going to be “very spoiled”!!!

I am now hearing rumors about POP Century CMs being called back in the next week. Going to go ahead and take whatever upgrade we get and wait and see what POP does. If they do open up I’m going to try to move our dates to later in July and keep the 35%.

I’ll update when I know more.

So, we ended up getting a Deluxe Studio at SSR. We decided to go ahead and cancel our trip. SSR just doesn't look like our type of place. Going to do UO for the first time instead, and then come back to Disney in July 2021 and go BIG!!!

Talked with a CM about our July 5-17 POP trip today. Got the 35% from our cancelled free dining and our park hopper refunded. They did have to send our resort move up for review. Should hear back in a couple days. He wouldn’t tell me which resort, but he did say if it works out the way he thinks, we are going to be “very spoiled”!!!

I am now hearing rumors about POP Century CMs being called back in the next week. Going to go ahead and take whatever upgrade we get and wait and see what POP does. If they do open up I’m going to try to move our dates to later in July and keep the 35%.

I’ll update when I know more.
Did you ever hear back?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!