Arrrggghhhh!!!

Fishbone†

<font color=blue>Does strange things while sleepin
I'm at work late trying to get caught up on my own things, and tie up loose ends for the sales meeting because I've been working at Tamie's desk all day AGAIN!! It's me and two other guys here - the owner of the company who is graciously staying late tonight for me, and my audio buyer who is new. I haven't quite come to the point of appreciating him yet, and currently he is not gaining any points!!

The radio plays all day long over the intercom system..... yucky, icky, annoying music.... rap, hard rock, everything I don't like. I'm sorry if you like that kind of music, I don't. And I especially don't like it while I'm working..... I'm sort of a silence lover..... no distractions, and I can hear everything that's going on around me... it's how I gather information and learn things.... I spend alot of my day working on reports and with numbers, and I like quiet..... I tolerate the music until everyone goes home around 5:00 and then I go turn it off. Every since this new buyer started, I turn the music off at 5:00, he turns his on in his office right after and not quietly!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: And worse yet, I HATE his choice of music. I've asked a couple of times if he would turn it down on different occassions, he says he can't hear it then..... IS HE DEAF????? GOSH!!!! I can't take it..... it's making me crazy..... and I can't stop dwelling on it...... I have to listen to music for 9.5 hours, can't he enjoy the quiet for one hour???????? I'm going to go postal!!!!!!

:( :mad: :(

Oh Heidi, I am so sorry. It sounds really stressful. I worked as the assistant to the Merchandising VP for 5 years. Audio Buyers are a breed unto themselves. We will have to chat, sounds like we have similar companies ;)

Remember, deep deep breaths, and kicking the plug out of the wall on his office stereo once he is gone might not be a bad idea either. We did this once to our Senior Buyer, took him almost a week to figure it out. Hee hee

ROTFL!!!!! Good idea Debster..... and yes, I've come to that conclusion about audio buyers as well!!!!! I'll PM you later.

SILENCE IS OUR FRIEND!!!!

of Heidi. I'm sorry that your having a rough week. Want to meet at the mall?

Heidi, I am so sorry you are having such a bad week already. Hang in there {{hugs}}

The tears are coming, and I just can't stop them..... I think I need sleep. I'm not usually like this......it's so intense!

Awww....Fishbone.....I know that things are tough fer yer while Tamie's away.....but never feel yer "alone".....all yer gotta dew is.......
givewhistle.jpg

ter yer friends here on the DIS....and we'll come ter yer aid!!! :):)

Oh Heidi, wrap it up hon, and go home. It will be there tomorrow. Get some sleep, have a frosty beverage of your choice, watch some mindless TV and go to sleep. {{{hugs}}}

*hmmm, if I start driving now, I could be in MN, in what, 20 hours?? Too long, for only a half day off. drat*

I know you shouldn't have to, but buy some headphones, or better yet, two sets, one set to give to your co-worker.
They work wonders!!!
Hang in there!!!!

Ugh. :( Sorry you're having to deal with such insensitvity, Heidi. Toss the guy either some headphones or a hearing aid... maybe he'll get the hint. :(

Two words: ear plugs

They work for me when I'm stuck on a plane with someone else's screaming child ;)

Thanks guys, I'm much better now - no more intense feelings of being trapped.

And thanks Nativetxn & cuterlt for your advice..... I would follow it but for two things: 1) I hate ANYTHING touching my ears.... don't ask me why, but I can't stand it. And 2) I think one of the reasons I like silence is so that I can concentrate and also hear absolutely everything that is happening around me (including the movement and/or approach of people.... earplugs would severely limit that possibility.

I'll survive though - I think it's the lack of sleep combined with the intense week and workload.... all will be over next week, and the Sales Meeting is kind of fun....even if the only reason I get to go is to troubleshoot and support my boss.... he lets me have more fun than he makes me work..... he's super cool!!! Plus, since I'm sure he noticed the intensity of the day, I can almost guarantee a chocolate doughnut and a bottle of chocolate milk on my chair tomorrow morning.... I let you know for sure, but I'd bet most of what I have on it...... he just like that.

Thanks again for your support - it does make a difference in the moment and after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts