Article about DCL "reality" on Yahoo! "news"

Wow -- this article leaves one speechless for an explanation. The writer either hates cruising all together, or just hates Disney. I think it's obvious they have some prejudice toward cruising at all to mention seasickness (duh) and docking at ports with other ships. Just silly!

And seriously, using a buffet from Pirate Night to show how they are lacking for food! Laughable.

Every picture and item they go out of their way to criticize are no different on any other cruise line! We've experienced the same mob scenes at many other ports on other cruise lines -- especially with ships that hold far more passengers than Disney (Manhattan being one of the worst, followed closely by Southampton ;)). This article could actually discourage cruising newbies from sailing!

I saw that yesterday and it made me chuckle. The picture they claim to be Disney's Port Canaveral terminal looks nothing like the PC terminal. And gee, there might be other people on your cruise? What a shocker!

It looks like PC, but the picture was taken in the area around back near the restrooms I think -- where it looks crowded and dark. Very unflattering -- and it appears that is what the writer was aiming for!

Last edited:

for as popular as cruises are, there seems to be this vocal faux outrage over the crowding/gluttony/consumption related to cruise lines. The self-righteous in society (like my neighbor) looooveeee to bash cruises. . .

It looks like PC, but the picture was taken in the area around back near the restrooms I think -- where it looks crowded and dark.

Maybe I've just never hung around in that area, but I don't remember any curved pillars like that. And I thought the carpet, where there was carpet, was solid blue.

Wow. That was super disappointing. I thought I was getting my own private ship just for me. Can't believe I have to share it with other guests. (My favorite part of the article is that the "spacious" cabin they show is the same cabin as the cramped bunk bed cabin. The bed is just folded up in the first photo).

I'm so glad you guys had a similar reaction as me. I became instantly defensive over Disney when I read this. I know we're all biased and tend to be overly sensitive when Disney gets criticized but that article was kind of ridiculous, like PP said, just replace "Disney" with any other cruise line name and it's still true if not WORSE. Also I didn't realize the pirate buffet was so pretty (I've never been) so I didn't realize that photo was supposed to be a slight LOL.

Last edited:
Thanks for solving the mystery. I was pretty certain it wasn't PC, but the caption to the photo identifies it as PC. It's pretty sad the writer can't even get straight where the pictures are from.

This whole article was not very well done. My 15 year old son ,who hates writing, could have done a better job. Sad what is acceptable in journalism these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter