Article about DCL "reality" on Yahoo! "news"

Thank you for recognizing this. As someone who is technically a millennial, I have been waiting for everyone to realize that there is a generation after us just waiting to be poo-pooed.
I think it's pretty common for "old or older" people to criticize the the generations that come after them. It's nothing new I wouldn't take it personally. You may find yourself doing it in 20-30 years.

I think it's pretty common for "old or older" people to criticize the the generations that come after them. It's nothing new I wouldn't take it personally. You may find yourself doing it in 20-30 years.

I want to do it now. I'm plenty old and grumpy enough to start criticizing 18 year olds. (I kid, sort of).

Lol, right? Who cares if there is another ship in port? If I fly to the Bahamas, I don’t look out my airplane window and think “grr, there’s another airplane at the gate next to mine. Why should I have to share the Bahamas with other tourists?”
I thought it was common to check that. It can make a big difference in terms of how crowded certain beaches are on a given day, for example. Sometimes it does affect our itinerary or at least whether we spring for a pre-booked cabana.

Wow -- this article leaves one speechless for an explanation. The writer either hates cruising all together, or just hates Disney. I think it's obvious they have some prejudice toward cruising at all to mention seasickness (duh) and docking at ports with other ships. Just silly!

And seriously, using a buffet from Pirate Night to show how they are lacking for food! Laughable.

Every picture and item they go out of their way to criticize are no different on any other cruise line! We've experienced the same mob scenes at many other ports on other cruise lines -- especially with ships that hold far more passengers than Disney (Manhattan being one of the worst, followed closely by Southampton ;)). This article could actually discourage cruising newbies from sailing!

Interestingly I never eat any food from the Pirate Night Buffet, because I'm always way too full from all the other food I've eaten along the way to cram another morsel in! Not enough food??? Bah humbug! Totally stupid article!

Do they still do a Pirate Night buffet? I didn't see anything about one on our cruise. We had a Pirate Night of course.

*Edited*

I don't see anything "false" per say as the terminal, pool, cc are indeed crowded (although when it comes to crowded spaces I've seen worst that what I am seeing in the picture!) but in my opinion, the article is badly written. It's super lazy (she chose the first picture fitting her narrative without doublechecking), lacks research ("And if you're sharing the port, you'll probably be sharing beach space and excursions as well" Huh... not just "probably" LOL) and omits a lot of important details... The most important being: all cruise lines are like that!

The DCL commercial doesn't represent reality perfectly (Just take a look at Castaway Cays picture on the DCL website. I've never seen the family beach that empty). But it's like that for most products... They all polish reality/photoshop, etc. Don't blame DCL, blame marketing!

Exactly, just like a burger from any fast food chain place NEVER looks like the picture of that same burger in the ads and on TV.

MJ

Interestingly I never eat any food from the Pirate Night Buffet, because I'm always way too full from all the other food I've eaten along the way to cram another morsel in! Not enough food??? Bah humbug! Totally stupid article!

The one time I went to see what all the fuss was about (I was not at all hungry having finished dinner about an hour earlier), I was amazed at how much like a shark feeding frenzy it looked. I swear you'd think everyone there had been kept below decks running on treadmills to power the ship and not given food the way they were swarming the lines. You'd never believe that they had just eaten at most 3 hours before.

Do they still do a Pirate Night buffet? I didn't see anything about one on our cruise. We had a Pirate Night of course.
AFAIK they still have it. I’ve never had the opportunity because I’m still full from my dinner, but I prefer second seating.

The one time I went to see what all the fuss was about (I was not at all hungry having finished dinner about an hour earlier), I was amazed at how much like a shark feeding frenzy it looked. I swear you'd think everyone there had been kept below decks running on treadmills to power the ship and not given food the way they were swarming the lines. You'd never believe that they had just eaten at most 3 hours before.

This has just made me laugh out loud! I can so picture the scenario! I too have seen long lines with folks desperate to get their hands on a turkey leg! Wow just wow! Obviously powering the ship is hungry work!

This has just made me laugh out loud! I can so picture the scenario! I too have seen long lines with folks desperate to get their hands on a turkey leg! Wow just wow! Obviously powering the ship is hungry work!
People live for those post-dinner midnight buffets. I forgot that they bring out the turkey legs for pirate night. I think I saw tacos on the buffet as well.
shark feeding frenzy
:lmao:

I swear I've seen less intense feeding frenzies on Shark Week! :P
Haha well actual food vs “chum” is bound to attract a lot of them; known as a shiver-see you do learn a lot watching Shark Week. Now I’m going to look at the people in the buffet line and picture them all wearing shark fin hats. Seriously though...DCL should pass them out. :happytv:. Pirate night is so 2003.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter