Artist Point reservations seem to now be available for Fall

Wow, you're right. It looks like they are now taking reservations through November 10. I see nothing available after that. I was hoping they would be open for dinner on Christmas.

They are very clever. By taking away reservations at certain times, and saying absolutely nothing to discourage the rumors that spring up from the lack of reservations availability, they are creating demand when they release those times that didn't exist before. Sly and ingeniously clever devils!!!

I noticed this today as well. I’m trying to figure out what I want to give up to go there. I’m really struggling.

It's sad really. I know that ADR's have been closed so seeing them creep out, week here, a week there... I wonder what on Earth the probelm is. I cannot help but think that there seems to be an internal discussion regarding either the theme, the ability to make a change and how to address the Holiday season. It is fast approaching and the restaurant and resort management need to either get on the stick or get off the bus.

I'd suggest giving up BOG, Ohana, or Chef Mickey's, if you had any of those.

I have a ton of options as we are doing deluxe dining for a somewhat extended trip. I originally had Artist Point as a must do just because I have not been there before and also as it's always a good excuse to spend some time at the Wilderness Lodge. I would likely have to give up one of the following to make it work:

1. California Grill (been here before and love it)
  2. Citricos (I have never been here but have been wanting to try it)
  3. BOG (I have been here multiple times. I am intrigued by the new menu and my reservation fits right before the Christmas Party so I would not need to leave the park)
  4. Morimoto Asia - This is our off day. I really want to eat here and won't give it up for AP.

I'm a little torn. It would be Citricos or BOG I would give up for it. There are just too many good options, I wish I could just add another day. :)

I have a ton of options as we are doing deluxe dining for a somewhat extended trip. I originally had Artist Point as a must do just because I have not been there before and also as it's always a good excuse to spend some time at the Wilderness Lodge. I would likely have to give up one of the following to make it work:

1. California Grill (been here before and love it)
  2. Citricos (I have never been here but have been wanting to try it)
  3. BOG (I have been here multiple times. I am intrigued by the new menu and my reservation fits right before the Christmas Party so I would not need to leave the park)
  4. Morimoto Asia - This is our off day. I really want to eat here and won't give it up for AP.

I'm a little torn. It would be Citricos or BOG I would give up for it. There are just too many good options, I wish I could just add another day. :)
I've been to BOG and Citrico's, and didn't care for either one. So from my point of view, cancelling either of those is a good idea. Of course YMMV. :goodvibes

Do we know yet if it is remaining a signature or if there will be a character meal?

Given the late Reservation release, and short extension?
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

WE are not booking AP. We already have a Ressie for Citrico's.

The staff and Management of AP already knows what is coming. AP is already in "shutdown" mode.
You, of course, will book as you see fit.

Again, All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Given the late Reservation release, and short extension?
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

WE are not booking AP. We already have a Ressie for Citrico's.

The staff and Management of AP already knows what is coming. AP is already in "shutdown" mode.

Again, All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

I am not sure they know what is coming, just that there will be some sort of change. For staff, this would be very upsetting IMO. Personally, I believe that the management is trying to figure out the best timeframe to make the change, and given the straggling release of new dates to make ADR's they still cannot manage to determine whether to take a chance and close it before the Holidays, make a few alterations and get it back open, or just muddle through until the holiday season is over. Frankly, I think the decision should not be this difficult, so there is something else going that is preventing any disclosure of the new restaurant concept and that is keeping the management from just committing to a change of some sort.

I also think that Disney believes that allowing the week by week opening of ADR's is not going to impact the overall performance of AP at this point. It is what it is, an underperforming restaurant in a very popular resort.

What I cannot understand is other than it's seemingly out of the way location, why this restaurant lacks the draw to bring in guests. Sanaa and Boma are not on "the beaten path" either yet they are sought after meals.

I am not sure they know what is coming, just that there will be some sort of change. For staff, this would be very upsetting IMO. Personally, I believe that the management is trying to figure out the best timeframe to make the change, and given the straggling release of new dates to make ADR's they still cannot manage to determine whether to take a chance and close it before the Holidays, make a few alterations and get it back open, or just muddle through until the holiday season is over. Frankly, I think the decision should not be this difficult, so there is something else going that is preventing any disclosure of the new restaurant concept and that is keeping the management from just committing to a change of some sort.

I also think that Disney believes that allowing the week by week opening of ADR's is not going to impact the overall performance of AP at this point. It is what it is, an underperforming restaurant in a very popular resort.

What I cannot understand is other than it's seemingly out of the way location, why this restaurant lacks the draw to bring in guests. Sanaa and Boma are not on "the beaten path" either yet they are sought after meals.

My opinion on why it differs from Sanaa and Boma is that the menu at AP is really available at a lot of other restaurants that are more convenient to get to. I’m actually having a hard time keeping my first time reservation and I’ve never stepped foot in to the Wilderness Lodge and would love to see it. It’s just for what is on the menu isn’t making the trip all that important. At least at Sanaa or Boma you are getting something that is very unique. I’m leaning towards canceling my reservation and I feel if AP closes I won’t have missed anything too special. I can get a filet or salmon somewhere else. Maybe they’ll change some of the menu items to make it more exciting.

Last edited:
My opinion on why it differs from Sanaa and Boma is that the menu at AP is really available at a lot of other restaurants that are more convenient to get to. I’m actually having a hard time keeping my first time reservation and I’ve never stepped foot in to the Wilderness Lodge and would love to see it. It’s just for what is on the menu isn’t making the trip all that important. At least at Sanaa or Boma you are getting something that is very unique. I’m leaning towards canceling my reservation and I feel if AP closes I won’t have missed anything too special. I can get a filet or salmon somewhere else. Maybe they’ll change some of the menu items to make it more exciting.
With the rumor being that the theme will be changing(supposedly being character dining) and no longer being signature restaurant, it might be a treat to go. If they do change theming, then you will always have the memory of eating there before it closed. The service is really good there. It is a must go for us. If you do keep your ressie, request Donald as your server. He will make your evening memorable.

I’m not sure the staff knows what’s coming. We had dinner there tonight and the waiter who said he’s been there many years didn’t know exactly and sounded rather frustrated with the lack of information. He alluded to a character meal, possibly with Snow White and possibly a prix fixe menu. But as of now he said it’s just speculation and rumor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!