Artist Point Reviews?

luveeyore2

Illinois Suburbanite
we will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge next month and I am curious about the food places there. Is Artist Point a good place to eat? What about Whispering Canyon or Roaring Forks?

Thanks for your input!

Here are some reviews from Deb Wills' site:
Artist Point (1)
Artist Point (2)
WCC breakfast

Roaring Forks is okay but pretty small. People have a wide range of opinions on WCC. Some love it, some hate it. You can find many posts/threads on WCC here. We didn't care for the quality of the food the one time we ate at WCC for dinner. We will give it another try on our next trip. We only ate at AP once, for the now discontinued character breakfast. It was great!

I've never been to WCC (although the food sounds good), because I'm not a big fan of "participation" -type stuff. However, I *love* Artist Point. :) I've eaten dinner there twice in the last two years, and everything was wonderful both times. I've ordered (and sampled from my aunt's plate) the salmon, filet, and mixed grill of lamb and buffalo, and everything was fantastic. The berry cobbler is to DIE for if you're a fan of that kind of dessert. The service is also excellent IMO, and there's a lovely view of the beautiful grounds at the Wilderness Lodge.

Artist's Point is my favorite restaurant out of all of the restaurants at the WDW resorts. The food quality is excellent as is the service. We went there last visit for the first time in a few years. Did I miss it! It was our first time at AP with dd (she was 3 1/2) and she did very well. They have lots of children's selections and a great dessert to keep them occuppied while you enjoy yours. I highly recommend this restaurant whether you are staying at WL or not.

This is now our FAVORITE restaurant. It was one of the best meals!!!! Definately give it a try, you won't be disappointed. I also love WCC. It's a great dry barbecue place, and worth a try also. We eat at the WL a lot since we own DVC there and are never disappointed.

The Whispering Canyon cafe is a really fun place for a good meal. We like it best for breakfast or lunch. My husband really loves the BBQ sandwhiches for lunch. The best part of the restaurant is playing along with the servers.

Artist Point is one of our very favorite restaurants at WDW. The food is amazing and the atmosphere is so quiet and relaxing. The salmon is absolutely to die for!! We ate at AP on my birthday last year and it was one of the highlights of our trip. It's pretty expensive, but worth it for a truly wonderful meal!

Roaring Forks is just regular counter service. They have decent fast food type stuff, but the menu is pretty limited.

What are some of your favorite entrees at Artist Point? We are considering eating here during our Christmas trip. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!