Artist Point - WL - character breakfast ? October 2018 ?

How many appear at Akershus and CRT right now? If Snow was pulled from one of those meals and added to AP, and if AP remained signature for dinner they may be able to pay for maybe 6.
Typically 5 at each.

Typically 5 at each.

I never can remember. I love the idea of Snow and the Dwarves, however if Disney falls short and uses Snow as lead character, with minimal Dwarf interaction AP will be in the same boat it is in now. Snow is already appearing in MK IIRC at times, CRT and Akershus. I feel strongly that a "typical" character meal may not be enough to fill that house. Yes, for those at WL, there may be an ease for character dining, however I am not at all sure those guests will be enough.

I never can remember. I love the idea of Snow and the Dwarves, however if Disney falls short and uses Snow as lead character, with minimal Dwarf interaction AP will be in the same boat it is in now. Snow is already appearing in MK IIRC at times, CRT and Akershus. I feel strongly that a "typical" character meal may not be enough to fill that house. Yes, for those at WL, there may be an ease for character dining, however I am not at all sure those guests will be enough.
I could see it being "Snow White and Friends". They could have Snow with Dopey, Prince and Evil Queen. I think that could pack people in. Whether they think the Evil Queen would scare the little kiddies though remains to be seen. Or maybe they do Snow with a rotating roster of 3 or 4 dwarfs. I just don't see them springing for all of them. I hope I'm wrong though.

Typically 5 at each.
Which is why I think all 7 dwarfs isn't happening unless they are only a pre-meal photo or post meal like Beast. It would be chaos to have 8 characters walking around the restaurant while food is being served.

Which is why I think all 7 dwarfs isn't happening unless they are only a pre-meal photo or post meal like Beast. It would be chaos to have 8 characters walking around the restaurant while food is being served.
Plus that would really slow down the turnover of tables as people waited to see every single one. I know I would. :)

That said though, Disney is all about staffing costs lately. I see the biggest issue as them not wanting to pay that many dwarfs. ;)

I actually think for Disney it will be a combination of both concerns: table turnover and staffing cost. Personally, I like the M&G with Beast after dinner at BOG. I like character meals, but with kids, if I knew I could get them to eat without distractions, haul them over for a M&G after the meal, and then be done, I would be thrilled. As an adult, I also enjoy the reduced "stress" of rotating characters. CRT was my undoing a few years ago. Between kids in the pathways trolling characters, or actually camping out on the floor, aisles etc waiting for the one that got away, dinner was sheer chaos. I had two Princesses with me, and had they behaved that way their royally dresses selves would have been dragged out. The difference between that meal and BOG was so appreciated. As a party of adults at that meal we were able to enjoy seeing the kids all dressed in their finery, however they were not clawing their way from the table to catch up with a roaming character.

Make the darn meal a signature fixed cost meal. Avoid the buffet and AYCTE food that creates so much waste, and replace it with food worth paying extra for, and include the salaries for a before or after pic with the characters. If they really want to save money, skip the autographs and offer some sort of souvenir thing to replace them.

Roaring Fork isn't a great option for us for breakfast with the new menu
Or any of the menus for that matter. They have taken away almost everything that most people enjoyed, almost like they are trying to make it fail.

Could they not rotate out the dwarfs? Like a couple each time until all 7 were around?

If not I’d take Dopey, Doc, Grumpy and Sneezy ;)

Could they not rotate out the dwarfs? Like a couple each time until all 7 were around?

If not I’d take Dopey, Doc, Grumpy and Sneezy ;)

People will wait to see them all and will never leave.

It’s probably going to be only Dopey, SW, etc as others mentioned or all 7 together like BOG.

People will wait to see them all and will never leave.

It’s probably going to be only Dopey, SW, etc as others mentioned or all 7 together like BOG.

Oh my, can you see this? It would be a logistical nightmare for staff.

For me, I think the only character that would be a must see is Tiger Lily from Peter Pan. But I have a feeling I am never going to get to meet her.

RIP Artist Point....:(
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Maybe they'll make it a Frozen meal. :crazy:

So if Wilderness Lodge guests wants to grab a quiet meal at their resort, where do they go?

I understand that a lot of people are sad to see AP change, but really, if there was such a draw for this restaurant, why were there so many empty tables lately? I feel badly that such a lovely unique restaurant needs to make a dramatic change but I cannot see that any business could continue to run at that census.

I think that's right. The last few times I've been there I saw several empty tables. It was a lovely concept--and I will miss it. But lovely concepts don't work if the people don't come.

The only way I can see this working would be to have the 7 of them (maybe SW too) meeting after your meal the same way the Beast meets at BOG. And if this is the case I can only see it working if it's prix fix like BOG and probably close to $100 a person. Maybe they see a good thing going at BOG and want to redo it at AP.

If not I can see it being SW, Prince, Dopey and maybe the Queen.

I think that's right. The last few times I've been there I saw several empty tables. It was a lovely concept--and I will miss it. But lovely concepts don't work if the people don't come.

I know. It is a shame really, because if the outpouring of sadness here on the DIS was indicative of guest's support of AP, a radical change would not be necessary.

The only way I can see this working would be to have the 7 of them (maybe SW too) meeting after your meal the same way the Beast meets at BOG. And if this is the case I can only see it working if it's prix fix like BOG and probably close to $100 a person. Maybe they see a good thing going at BOG and want to redo it at AP.

If not I can see it being SW, Prince, Dopey and maybe the Queen.

YIKES! I would love this, however I could never justify that kind of money for my crew. A fixed cost meal would be necessary, IMO with every person paying to gain entry, however if they price it too high I believer AP will be in the same boat it is now in. Part of success in a restaurant is the ability to sustain a high percentage of seats filled, along with the ability to turn those seats. A meal that costs $100 is going to be a long meal in order to justify that fee, and so unless it is incredibly delicious....well.... I don't know.

I agree there will be a few characters and the M&G will probably be either before or after the meal. Roaming characters will not be a benefit unless they could keep them moving.

I know. It is a shame really, because if the outpouring of sadness here on the DIS was indicative of guest's support of AP, a radical change would not be necessary.

YIKES! I would love this, however I could never justify that kind of money for my crew. A fixed cost meal would be necessary, IMO with every person paying to gain entry, however if they price it too high I believer AP will be in the same boat it is now in. Part of success in a restaurant is the ability to sustain a high percentage of seats filled, along with the ability to turn those seats. A meal that costs $100 is going to be a long meal in order to justify that fee, and so unless it is incredibly delicious....well.... I don't know.

I agree there will be a few characters and the M&G will probably be either before or after the meal. Roaming characters will not be a benefit unless they could keep them moving.

I'm just bracing myself! lol

I don't know if they would ever charge $100 but I can see them charging a pretty penny if all 7 are there for a photo op.

I'm just bracing myself! lol

I don't know if they would ever charge $100 but I can see them charging a pretty penny if all 7 are there for a photo op.

I bet! I would love several of the Dwarves and even if there were not all 7, I would be thrilled. You figure that 1900 PF has 5 roaming characters at night for a buffet cost. I would pay a premium, within reason for a special photo op at a nice meal service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts