Artist Point - WL - character breakfast ? October 2018 ?

So here is a thought.... All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

WL now no longer has a Signature Dining offering.

It DOES have "Geyser Point" - prime waterfront land, with a (mostly empty) Reunion Station..... A stunning location, with no clear mission, other than "VERY expensive Pool Bar Building". :(.

I know what I would do with this.... it has a very similar location to Narcoossee's at the GF. What would YOU do with it, now that the WL has no Signature Dining?
Does "character dining" automatically mean not a signature restaurant? Cinderella's Royal Table is a signature restaurant.

Does "character dining" automatically mean not a signature restaurant? Cinderella's Royal Table is a signature restaurant.

No, he and a couple others have said that because of the change to a character meal that they no longer consider AP to be a “true” signature meal.

No, he and a couple others have said that because of the change to a character meal that they no longer consider AP to be a “true” signature meal.
Having characters certainly changes the feel of the restaurant but I, for one, don't mind it as long as the food is the same. Sometimes there would only be a couple other parties at the restaurant. It just wasn't working

Last edited:
I'm reserving judgement until I see a menu and further any reviews. Obviously characters bring the bodies which is what the restaurant (and the staff) wants. It's too bad they had to change the format though.

Many that there should be some sort of distinction made to differentiate true signature dining experiences from character dining that costs 2 table service credits. For instance, can anyone actually make an argument that Mickey's Backyard BBQ is a signature meal? It is a 2 credit dining experience, however it is not the same kind of meal you expect from Narcoossees or California Grill. If Disney keeps the name Artist Point, and calls it a signature experience, how many people will be blindsided if the food is equal or a little step up from many of the "normal" restaurants on site?

I know most of us here will understand the difference, but Disney really needs to revisit the dining classifications IMO. Charge what you want, but be honest in what guests should anticipate.

I know this will likely be unpopular - but I'm not excited for the characters. :duck:I was really hoping we would get a similar theme to Storytellers in DLR, especially since Kenai and Koda got the boot. Snow has never been one of my favorites, so I was really hoping for a critter themed meal if they insisted on making it character. I'm happy for everyone who is excited about this though, and I totally get the dwarf appeal, this just won't be one we will pursue an ADR for.

My family would be excited to see Snow White and the Dwarfs. I think it is a smart add to character dining.

I know this will likely be unpopular - but I'm not excited for the characters. :duck:I was really hoping we would get a similar theme to Storytellers in DLR, especially since Kenai and Koda got the boot. Snow has never been one of my favorites, so I was really hoping for a critter themed meal if they insisted on making it character. I'm happy for everyone who is excited about this though, and I totally get the dwarf appeal, this just won't be one we will pursue an ADR for.

Same for me and my family. Maybe we were some of the lucky ones, but we've always enjoyed our meals at Artist Point before. But it has been 2-3 years since we've been back there.

Many that there should be some sort of distinction made to differentiate true signature dining experiences from character dining that costs 2 table service credits. For instance, can anyone actually make an argument that Mickey's Backyard BBQ is a signature meal? It is a 2 credit dining experience, however it is not the same kind of meal you expect from Narcoossees or California Grill. If Disney keeps the name Artist Point, and calls it a signature experience, how many people will be blindsided if the food is equal or a little step up from many of the "normal" restaurants on site?

I know most of us here will understand the difference, but Disney really needs to revisit the dining classifications IMO. Charge what you want, but be honest in what guests should anticipate.
Mickey's BBQ is not listed as a "signature", neither is Spirit of Aloha or BOG dinner for that matter. I've never equated 2 dining credits as automatically being a "signature" because Disney doesn't list it that way on their site either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter