Artist Point

madtoadnj

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
Are there any rumors regarding Artist Point closing for refurb? I'm unable to make any reservations in November, which is very odd this far out.

Thanks!

Own DVC at the Lodge and go to AP every trip. Wife will be there in late October and already has reservations. I've heard no discussion at all of AP closing for refurbishment. Exactly what dates are you looking to book? The reason I ask is that anything after 3 November won't be available yet as you're not within the 180-day reservation window. If you knew this, I apologize, but I just wanted to make sure. ;) AP is usually one of the easiest of reservations to make for a Signature, so barring any circumstances where they might be closed, you shouldn't have any issues. Good luck!

Own DVC at the Lodge and go to AP every trip. Wife will be there in late October and already has reservations. I've heard no discussion at all of AP closing for refurbishment. Exactly what dates are you looking to book? The reason I ask is that anything after 3 November won't be available yet as you're not within the 180-day reservation window. If you knew this, I apologize, but I just wanted to make sure. ;) AP is usually one of the easiest of reservations to make for a Signature, so barring any circumstances where they might be closed, you shouldn't have any issues. Good luck!

We're DVC too...
I'm booking today at 180 days +10. AP is not available any day for any size party.

That is weird, though not unheard of given the state of Disney's IT. I currently get the dreaded "Someone Ate My Page" screen when I go to the dining page. If I hear anything, I'll pass along.

Oh no.We hope to secure this for Thanksgiving. I hope nothing is going on!

Planning to go to AP in early December. Crossing fingers & toes that this is just Disney IT doing it's usual.

I love AP! If I were going in November i'd be throwing a tiny tantrum right now. :laughing: But my trip this year is in Oct so I should be fine. :teeth: I will definitely post back here if i hear anything about a refurb though. I can sympathize, its very frustrating not being able to get ADRs for a restaurant you love. AP is my fave, so I totally understand. Good luck to you guys. And as I said, i'll post back here if i hear anything.

AP is one of our favorite restaurants. We don't get there nearly often enough. But I'd love to see a refurb of the place and perhaps some new approaches to the menu.

Hi--just found this thread via Google search and wondered if anyone had had any luck (through Open table or any other way) or any info? Our ADR window just opened for trip week of Dec 9 and I can't get anything at AP. It's also our favorite so wondering what's happening! TIA!

According to another thread, it will be turned into a character meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Unknown what changes will be made to the menu. Unknown whether it will be open at all in December.

Hi--just found this thread via Google search and wondered if anyone had had any luck (through Open table or any other way) or any info? Our ADR window just opened for trip week of Dec 9 and I can't get anything at AP. It's also our favorite so wondering what's happening! TIA!
It's long been rumored that AP might wind up getting a character meal. Now, however, the latest rumor (still officially unconfirmed) is that AP will switch to character meals for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner. While the first two options are understandable, getting rid of the solo Signature option at a deluxe resort with two DVC entities seems harsh and would undermine the "deluxe" designation. Stay tuned.

We always stay at the lodge and honestly reservations are not necessary in our experinece. Last time we were there it was us along with one other couple in the whole restaurant. I have never been when it was full.

I was just searching for an ADR for our trip in December. There's tons of availability until October 22, and then nothing.
:( And we've been wanting to try this for so long!

I was just searching for an ADR for our trip in December. There's tons of availability until October 22, and then nothing.
:( And we've been wanting to try this for so long!
We are in the same boat. So bummed if we can't go to Artist Point.

Really? After the end of OCT 2018, AP is dead.
This is Disney's choice.
They don't want to discuss the issue.
Book elsewhere. Dear wife and I are headed to Citrico's - though we are DVC HOMED at BRV.
We are saddened that the WL, as a whole, no longer has a Signature Restaurant :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Really? After the end of OCT 2018, AP is dead.
This is Disney's choice.
They don't want to discuss the issue.
Book elsewhere. Dear wife and I are headed to Citrico's - though we are DVC HOMED at BRV.
We are saddened that the WL, as a whole, no longer has a Signature Restaurant :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Well someone called disney and got a reply that of there were no plans to completely remove a signature experience from WL... which makes me wonder if this is going to be a 2-credit character meal a la the castle.... disney is pretty loose about what they consider "signature" and it is more based on DDP than actual food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!