Artist Point

Rumors? Yes. Facts? Short supply. Here's what's known. As of two minutes ago, there are no ADRs available there starting on 22 Oct and going through the 180-day point which, as of this writing, is 10 Nov. I first heard of this unavailability about 10 days ago, and I've been trying off and on ever since to see if I could secure a reservation to no avail. There are ADRs up to and including 21 Oct. Beyond that scarcity of information, there's nothing else out there I've heard or read. Read into this unavailability at your own risk, though it currently would be difficult to argue there isn't something going on (refurbishment?).

I have an existing dinner reservations for the 25 Oct 2018. Would they cancel it?

I was trying to get an earlier reservation for the 23rd, but it's not available.

Now I am worried I might not be able to eat there at all.

Maybe they are preparing to add the new character breakfast into the reservation system?
Perhaps, but I wouldn't think that should affect dinner reservations. Still, possibly.

I have an existing dinner reservations for the 25 Oct 2018. Would they cancel it?

I was trying to get an earlier reservation for the 23rd, but it's not available.

Now I am worried I might not be able to eat there at all.
Yes, they would if they were to close for refurbishment. That being said, there's no word on AP closing at all--what I've mentioned above is sheer speculation based on the fact I can't find an opening anytime after 21 Oct. If it were me, I would call WDW Dining and check with them: (407) WDW-DINE. You might be able to reach someone at (407) 824-3200 which is listed as AP's number. Can't guarantee that it is. Whatever you find out, please come back and share with us.

Rumors? Yes. Facts? Short supply. Here's what's known. As of two minutes ago, there are no ADRs available there starting on 22 Oct and going through the 180-day point which, as of this writing, is 10 Nov. I first heard of this unavailability about 10 days ago, and I've been trying off and on ever since to see if I could secure a reservation to no avail. There are ADRs up to and including 21 Oct. Beyond that scarcity of information, there's nothing else out there I've heard or read. Read into this unavailability at your own risk, though it currently would be difficult to argue there isn't something going on (refurbishment?).

All of this data is absolutely true. We are also doing our 180 bookings - and AP pretty much dies near the tail end of Oct.

Now - having said that? What Braniac set up a refurb for for a very GOOD Sig, over the Holiday Season? I guess I would NOT have shut down AP over Thanksgiving and XMAS, if I could have done this work JAN-FEB 2019 :).

I agree that November/December would be a bad choice of when to close for a refurb, but so far, we don't know that they actually are doing that.

Well. I received word from an extremely reliable source that there are some projects coming up during that time frame that can't be announced yet. No, it wasn't a bus driver. :laughing: Again, take this information at your own risk. Personally, I feel certain something is up though what "it" is I do not know. Any notions of what the activities may be are pure speculation.

Well. I received word from an extremely reliable source that there are some projects coming up during that time frame that can't be announced yet. No, it wasn't a bus driver. :laughing: Again, take this information at your own risk. Personally, I feel certain something is up though what "it" is I do not know. Any notions of what the activities may be are pure speculation.
Did your source comment on whether it will be open during December?

Of all the "signature" restaurants, Artist Point may be my least favorite. Yes its a nice view, but, the food is ok not great, the service is good not spectacular, and I dont see it as being all that special for a SIg Restaurant.

Did your source comment on whether it will be open during December?
No. My query was about that time frame since that was the window of availability, so the response was in kind.

Edited to add: The response did seem to indicate it wouldn't extend into December. Again, no way of knowing for sure at this point.

I also have a reservation (for 10/31) and it is still showing up on my MDE account.

Sometimes I can be a little slow on the uptake, are you implying that existing reservations may be cancelled? Should I investigate my other options before it's too late to get something else?

Sometimes I can be a little slow on the uptake, are you implying that existing reservations may be cancelled? Should I investigate my other options before it's too late to get something else?

If it were me, I would make a backup reservation elsewhere in case this proves to be true and the restaurant closes during your stay. As some have mentioned, there have been rumors floating of upcoming changes for Artist Point (which I would
welcome as our last meal was our worst in years). Better to be safe than sorry just in case.

Agree that I'd make backup plans if your reservation falls after 21 Oct through--at this point--at least mid-November. Still nothing certain, but I don't believe it's merely an IT problem at this point. I don't know that any plans involving AP will have anything to do with revamping food or service as they typically are among the top Signatures in both regards. However, a refurbishment is certainly a possibility.

If it were me, I would make a backup reservation elsewhere in case this proves to be true and the restaurant closes during your stay. As some have mentioned, there have been rumors floating of upcoming changes for Artist Point (which I would welcome as our last meal was our worst in years). Better to be safe than sorry just in case.

Agree that I'd make backup plans if your reservation falls after 21 Oct through--at this point--at least mid-November. Still nothing certain, but I don't believe it's merely an IT problem at this point. I don't know that any plans involving AP will have anything to do with revamping food or service as they typically are among the top Signatures in both regards. However, a refurbishment is certainly a possibility.

Thank you both! I will plan accordingly. :earboy2:

Hmmm, Artist Point is my favorite signature restaurant, and I've had excellent food and service there every time.
I certainly agree with that, in addition it's 1 of the quietest and most relaxed of all of his signature restaurants. We find that the most enjoyable of any of them with the possible exception of Victoria and Albert's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter