Artist Pointe and California Grill review

matt&jakesmom

DIS Veteran
Just back from my 50th birthday celebration. On Saturday DH and I ate at the California Grill. I was able to get a reservation on Friday for 7:30. Our table was right by the door that leads to the observation deck. I had the steak and he had the pork tenderloin. Food was excellent. Very juicy and full of flavor. I had my well done and it was cut in two pieces. I had the 2nd one for breakfast the next day and still soooo good. I had a bite of my DH pork and very good too. The fresh asparagus was good too. I even had my DH the next morning too. We also had a cheese tray with 5 different cheeses. The brie was excellent. A little before 9 we went out to watch the fireworks. A great view. The music of course is piped in. After the fireworks we went back in to ponder dessert. We were so full that we decided we just didn't have room. The waiter did bring me out a to go box with a slice of cake for my birthday. I nibbled on that for the next few days. We would definately go back again.

On Monday for my birthday, we ate at Artist Pointe . From start to finish I have no bad remarks. Everything was fantasic. Our reservation was for 4:50 and we were seated immediately. Our server was very attentive to our needs with drinks and the food. My husband had chicken nuggets and fries. Yup he was not a fan of trying the entrees. I had the prime rib. I asked to be well done and it was. There was no pink. It was juicy and flavorable and mixed with the horseradish pototoes it made it even better. The character interaction was wonderful. I had brought with me a small dopey stuffed item of him and it was the hit with all the characters. When Grumpy saw it, he called Dopey over to see it and Grumpy pretended to throw it. And when I showed the Evil Queen she said aren't they small enough already. I couldn't stop laughing at that comment. And I do have to say that everytime I see the Evil Queen, I get scared of her. LOL! Desserts were incredible and very yummy.

Thank you for the very nice reviews. We always love the California Grill but I am reading the Artist Point reviews a lot because we have not been there since the change to a character meal.

Your the first review of artist pointe that I’ve seen since I noticed they changed the appetizers a little. How were the appetizers

Happy 50th Birthday! There's no better place to celebrate than WDW, in my opinion! My sister and I ate at Artist Point the end of March, and our experience was a little different than yours. I was of the mind to not go back again, but I'd like to give it another chance. My husband and I are going to WDW at the end of October, and I do have another reservation booked so he can see what it's like since they've changed over to Storybook Dining. I may or may not cancel it depending on more reviews between now and then. Glad to hear you had a good experience! We haven't done California Grill dinner in a few years, and I do have the brunch booked for our trip. I'm still not sure I'm keeping that one. Maybe I'll change it to dinner. This is the problem with having to book dining reservations so far out, as I change my mind a million times!

@TeresaNJ If you have not ever done the brunch, keep it! It is amazing!!!

@matt&jakesmom Happy birthday! I am actually planning my 40th birthday and just snagged a California Grill dinner too! I have eaten the brunch twice, but never dinner. Glad you had a great experience.

Thank you for the very nice reviews. We always love the California Grill but I am reading the Artist Point reviews a lot because we have not been there since the change to a character meal.

Can't compare it to other character dinners, but the food was excellent in my opinion. I even managed to convince one of my kids to eat something other than mac and cheese. I really enjoyed sharing the appetizers and desserts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!