Artist Pointe

diarmuid

Earning My Ears
Hi folks,

We just got back on Saturday and we had a great time. We ate at the British Pub and the French Pavilion in Epcot. Hollywood and Vine at MGM. The Crystal Palace in MK. Citricos at the GF and The Artist Point at the WL. They were all pretty good. Citricos was by far the best. It had the best cheesecake that I have ever tasted. But, the Artist Point had the worst service I have ever had in a restaurant. It took 20 minutes before anyone came to our table. Our waiter was nice enough, but, he acted as though we didn't exist. He left our dinner plates sitting at our table...he kept saying I'll clear those in a minute and then he would just walk away. The restaurant was not busy. I didn't want to complain while I was there with my mom and son. I went back the next day and left a message for the manager. He never got back to me. We were staying at the Lodge, but, I didn't want to spend my holiday hunting down a manager to complain. I have his email so I will send him off a letter. My advice is to not waste your time and or money at the Artist Point.

I think you just had a bad waiter. My friends just ate there Sunday night
and had a fabulous meal. YMMV.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I think you probably just had a bad server as well...

DF and I just ate at Artist Point last night and LOVED it! It was delicious, great service, by far the best dining experience of the trip! We have been there before and have had a similar experience. I would not write off Artist Point after one bad experience.

Thanks for sharing your experience, sorry to hear it was a disappointing one. :guilty:

that is such a bummer!!! Artist Point is one of my all time favorite places to eat anywhere in the world!!! I'm sorry the service was bad...how was the food though? See, if the food is as fabulous as AP food tends to be...I might be slightly willing to forgive poor service! Did you have the mushroom soup? Oh my WORD that stuff is to DIE for!!!!:love:

I experienced similar poor service for our meal there on Thanksgiving. Not the same server though, ours was a female.

I didn't love my experience at Artist's Pointe either. I ate there last summer and nothing about the evening was wonderful. The food was just okay, the service was just okay and the dining room was noisy. I think it will be a while before I return.

We liked AP, it was European style, we could take all evening over an excellent meal, instead of like at Jiko where the main course came out before we had even finished our appetizers!

Sorry to hear you didn't have a good time at Artist Point. We enjoyed it. The food was good and our server was EXCELLENT! That said, I wouldn't probably go back for a while cause it is a very expensive meal. I think it is a special dinner kinda place. We went for our anniversary and I wasn't dissapointed. We will go back just not next trip.
Maybe they were just having an off day when you went.

mmmmmm...I love Artist Point! Let me know if you need the mushroom soup recipe. I made it last week and it was perfect! Although, I have to admit, I got a few tips from my friend who used to be the chef there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter