As a DVC Member, which resort is your favorite...And Why?

So personal.
Boulder Ridge - along with AKV and VGF I think their Christmas decor is the best. Love Geyser Point. - Drink, bite to eat, electric water pageant.
BCV - Best Pool and great location (Really wish Disney would build a GREAT pool)
Boardwalk is just neat, great location
AK - how cool is it to sit on the balcony drink your coffee and look at animals? (rooms are just dark to me)
VGF - Rooms are nicest to me, great at Christmas
Poly - Love everything about the poly, the grounds are the nicest to me.

Love, love, love the Polynesian. It is quintessential Walt Disney World as being one of the original resorts. The resort lends itself to being able to walk and wander around the lush landscape. The grounds really make you feel like you are transported somewhere else. The studios are very spacious. The bars and dining options are great. Just being able to look out and see the castle is so magical. I think our appreciation of the Poly really came after a split stay - Poly 3 nights then AK 4 nights. As soon as we arrived at Kidani we felt something was missing - no amazing grounds to walk around and no castle or fireworks. All of which led us to buying a poly resale -- best $15K I have ever spent!

I have been a member since 1998 (points at HHI, OKW, SSR, and BLT), and I’ve stayed at most of the WDW resorts (except Poly and CCV) as well as HHI and Vero. And I’ve enjoyed them all. It usually depends on what type of trip we are doing – with extended family or just us, parks or no, etc. For example, if I know we will have plenty of time to enjoy the pool, I like to stay at BCV. DS loves that pool. Last year, we had a non-park stay with a vehicle (rare for us), and we stayed at the Treehouse villas. We loved it…cooking on the grill and hanging out on the deck every night. Very relaxing! And for park trips, I may book BLT, for its proximity to MK. That is the beauty of DVC, something for everyone!

Members for 15 years, and we've stayed at all the resorts save Aulani and BWV. We've found something to enjoy about each of the resorts, so my list isn't meant pejoratively, just based on our preferences.
#1 - Our home resort is VWL, and it will always hold special memories as we were married there on the outside overlook on the 4th floor. Despite them removing much of the "wilderness" at the Lodge, we still consider this home. Even with all the cabin construction, the closing of the nature trail (and currently the bike path to FW), the reduction of AP to a character meal from a Signature, and the lowering of quality at Roaring Fork, we continue to find the resort more serene, tranquil, and themed than others.
VGC - It's like WL only more upscale. It's a close second to VWL except it's too far away to enjoy often. Love the access to CA & DL.
BLT - Location, location, location--having the extra bath in a 1BR is great, too.
CCV - Mostly because of the location. All the same qualities as VWL except not a huge fan of the new decor.
AKL - Theming, architecture, rooms, restaurants, and animals--it has everything you need for a lovely stay.
VGF - Beautiful and excellent location; the studios lack adequate storage.
HHI - Lovely rooms at a pretty resort with the friendliest CMs we've encountered anywhere. Walls are bit thin.
Poly - Access to monorail is a plus; rooms lovely; overall theming is a bit lacking.
BCV - Ability to walk to DHS and Epcot is a plus, as is availability of great eats nearby; don't like the rooms.
SSR - Love being able to walk to DS; nice room size; not a fan of the blah theming and indistinguishable buildings.
OKW - Large rooms and calming nature of the resort; just not a fan of layout or location or amenities.
VB - Some great ocean views but close to nothing; if you just want to chill, not bad.

My home resort is SSR, I have only stayed there once and it was peaceful. I have stayed at AKL more than any place as I love the decor and theming, but it's not my favorite. BLT is my favorite with the Poly a close second and
AKV 3rd. We stayed in a 2 bedroom BLT and had spectacular views nightly of the fireworks in MK, sitting on our balancy first thing sipping coffee and seeing Cinderella's castle was super awesome as well.

Aulani is number one.

At WD, we love old key west. We go every March for two weeks and might go parks once during that time. We love OKW for lots of reasons. Big suites. We always reserve a one bedroom close to hospitality house, full size laundry. close to Disney springs. My adult daughter has Down syndrome and we always bring her best friend, the two can walk easily to pool and community center on their own. The staff at the community center is fabulous and remembers them from year to year. It truly does feel like we are home again. My husband and I love the tennis courts, the shuffleboard, the fitness room and the pool.

Our favorite Resort is our HOME Resort... the one with the 11 month booking Window.
This would be BRV - we BOUGHT where we wanted to STAY.

Have stayed at all but OKW and CCR. We own at BLT and VGF and my favorite is VGF. Love the villas and the grounds at the resort and hanging out in that beautiful lobby. My second favorite is BWV, can't beat the location and the atmosphere especially at night! Least favorite Poly. Not a fan of the rooms or the theme of the resort. Love to try CCR soon and the RR which looks amazing. It's really hard to pick a favorite when they all have something special and unique.

I enjoy our three resorts, in order: AKV, VWL & BWV.

I look at 7 months but rarely flip existing reservations

Enjoyed recent trip to Aulani. We joked only thing it was missing was the parks.

Other favorites are: Poly & BLT & BCV (but it’s been years since we’ve been able to switch to a studio at either of the latter at 7 months)

Even though we own at VGF, PVB, and CCV, I think my favorite is BLT.

I love the modern motif, love being on the monorail for EPCOT, love being able to walk to Magic Kingdom, and absolutely love the theme park view. Also, I've been known to monorail to EPCOT and walk through the park to walk to Hollywood Studios along the boardwalk because 1) I hate buses; and 2) I love a good stroll.

We stay at SSR the most often because it's the best point value and we love walking to Disney Springs. Also, SSR being low points allows us to take multiple trips of substance per year.

Least favorite: AKL. Although Jiko is my favorite restaurant on Disney property and seeing giraffes from your balcony never gets old, I LOATHE bus-only transportation. The jerkiness of the buses makes me sick and AKL buses are the longest rides to everywhere except Animal Kingdom.

This is not to say that I've had bad stays anywhere or that anything has been less than wonderful. Just my opinion.

My favorite is Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom, wife likes Boardwalk the best and 2 daughters either Beach Club or Boulder Ridge.

BWV is our favorite--location location location! Love the easy walk to 2 parks, love the Boardwalk area/atmosphere and even love the clown pool with the Keister Coaster.

Having said that, we do enjoy trying other resorts--doing CCV this summer! Also enjoyed VGF, Poly, BLT for easy monorail access and AKV for the animals! SSR is at the bottom of our list with OKW slightly above it--dislike how spread out those resorts are...any resort that needs multiple bus stops is too big for me.

Our favorite resort has evolved as the kids have gotten older. Bought DVC at AKV when the kids were young. AKV is great in their theming, and the kids loved sitting on the balcony (Savannah side) in the mornings watching the animals. It was great for younger kids as we wouldn't be in the park all day and AKV offered enough to do otherwise.

SSR is always our last minute find-a-room resort, but if you get on the wrong end of the bus loop, you're often standing room only to wherever you want to go. Being a large resort, it's also a longer wait at the park to get back home.

Right now BLT is hands down our family's favorite resort. From hotel room to standing on Main Street it's less than a 10 minute walk. Not to mention the best way to beat the heat of mid-afternoon is to go back to the room for an hour or two and cool off.

Have stayed at several others, but with kids between 15-20 who love Magic Kingdom above all others, BLT fits our vacations perfectly.

VGF. Nicest rooms and grounds in my opinion. Very relaxed small building. Christmas at the GF is hard to beat except maybe for the WL. It’s our favorite resort far and away.

Aulani might be the greatest family resort in the world. I highly recommend to all. Tremendous theming. Lazy river, Menehune trail, Aunties for kids. Fantastic beach/lagoon: you can snorkel from shore and see sea turtles. Nearby: swim with dolphins, watch whales, horseback ride on a beach, swim through a waterfall, Pearl Harbor. Tennis and golf next door. Hawaiian culture/food. Spa. We've been 4 times since it opened. Sadly it might all change with Atlantis opening next door.

At WDW each member of my family has their own favorite
BWV x 2, AKV, VWL, Poly

I love Jambo House, AKV. The theming is so beautiful. It is very relaxing, calming vacation.
Certainly different than any other hotel. It is very special.

Aulani might be the greatest family resort in the world. I highly recommend to all. Tremendous theming. Lazy river, Menehune trail, Aunties for kids. Fantastic beach/lagoon: you can snorkel from shore and see sea turtles. Nearby: swim with dolphins, watch whales, horseback ride on a beach, swim through a waterfall, Pearl Harbor. Tennis and golf next door. Hawaiian culture/food. Spa. We've been 4 times since it opened. Sadly it might all change with Atlantis opening next door.

At WDW each member of my family has their own favorite
BWV x 2, AKV, VWL, Poly

100% agree with this. We’re also a little nervous about Atlantis messing with the whole feel of Ko Olina. Hopefully we’re wrong and it’ll just enhance things, but we’ll see.

We have stayed at BLT, AKV Jambo, Boulder Ridge, and the Polynesian. I loved all of them for different reasons but the Poly is my favorite so far. The restaurants, location, fireworks, pools, rooms, theming, and transportation options were all positives for us. I could stay there every time and be a happy camper.

I have only been a DVC owner for just over a year. In that time we have stayed at BCV, BLT, OKW, AKL... so I can't speak to any other resort. But of these here is my ranking.
1 - BCV (wish it was my home... love the feel/smell, walk to Epcot and boat to HS, Stormalong Bay), 2 - AKL (home, love the animals, love the cast members, love theming), 3 - OKW (love the relaxed resort feel and big studios (2 beds), not a fan of bus system, limited quick service, moderate feel) and 4 - BLT (probably will never stay there again... just not for us, cramped feeling studio, very cold and unthemed hotel). Can't wait to try more resorts. Our next two trips in the works are at SSR and AKL. I'm thinking I will probably love BWV in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter