As a DVC Member, which resort is your favorite...And Why?

HallDisney2019

Earning My Ears
Understand there are some of us who will always stay at the exact same resort, no matter what!

For others who venture out; what resort was your favorite and why?

Thanks

Been a DVC Member since 1993 and I've stayed at the following resorts since joining DVC:

Old Key West (home resort)
Saratoga Springs (best friend's home resort)
Wilderness Lodge
Animal Kingdom Villas (once)
Beach Club Villas (once)
Boardwalk Villas
Bay Lake Towers (once)
Grand Californian
Aulani (once)

I like different things about each of these resorts (and dislike different things about them) but my favorite has always been OKW. The rooms are larger and the vibe of the resort is so relaxed. Also, I started going to that one as a child, so I have that sense of nostalgia associated with it.

I'd love to stay at Poly or GF (or even BCV again - it's been YEARS since I've gotten a stay there!) but we tend to make our vacation plans too late and availability for those is always a problem. Also wouldn't mind staying at BLT again, only did that once and it was a Studio, would love to try that one with a larger room. Found that Studio a bit cramped at the time!

We used to stay at other resorts before we joined DVC (Poly, Contemporary, Port Orleans, Yacht Club, Caribbean Beach, and god help us, DIXIE LANDINGS) but now we're getting into prehistoric memories - the 80s and early 90s! I've never in my life stayed at the GF, either DVC or regular rooms, and it's always been my dream - but too rich for my blood!

DVC since 2006. Stayed in EVERY east coast DVC resort except VGF and my fave is....

BWV

We like to be able to walk to 2 parks and particularly Epcot as that is our fave park. We also love the festivals at Epcot. And I like saving points by booking standard view rooms. We find BWV to be more adult and have plenty of places to go to for drinks (and eating).

And it's one of our home resorts.

Second is HHI. Also own there and just LOVE it. Great CMs. Love the island. It's a 5 hour drive.

Runner ups are: BCV, AKV, SSR and the VWLs. In that order.

Not fans of BLT, Poly, VB and OKW. In that order (OKW being our least fave of all).

We pretty much will only book BWV most time then CCV in Dec every now and then and HHI for random trips. Will also grab AKV and SSR at 7 months (and sometimes BCV if available). We will try out the new RR, hopefully Oct 2020. And plan to try Aulani Sept 2021. But our main, go to, rotation has been and will continue to be BWV-AKV-SSR at WDW 1-2 times a year (with split stays many times) and HHI 1-2 times a year.

Last edited:
Favorite, Animal Kingdom Lodges. They are unique in the entire WORLD, and I could go on and on about why they are so great. But I have done that before.

Least favorites? I'm not a big fan of Poly, even though I have a ton of points there. I think the 'benefit' of the monorail is overblown, and I'm not a big fan of the Decor, which doesn't nearly seem Polynesian enough, to me, and I think Captain Cook's is the worst quick service restaurant in Disney World. Literally NOTHING there was edible. Poorly conceived, poorly balanced food.

Right now my favorite DVC property is HHI, as the love for WDW has waned over the years. For a relaxing vacation stay, but at WDW, it's OKW. For more park time or for Disney races, it's BCV.
Haven't stayed at Poly or VGF yet, but I'll be staying at one of them in September (which one depends on what the waitlist does) so who knows if things will change.

We have stayed at all DVC resorts.

BCV is my favorite because of SAB and location.

DH loves VWL the best of anywhere!

Family has been DVC members since 1997. A member myself since 2007. In that time we've stayed at BWV, BLT, BCV, BRV @ WL, PVB, SSR, OKW, Vero Beach and Aulani. If we're taking all locations into consideration then our favorite is Aulani. If we're just talking WDW locations, it's BWV hands down. To us, you just can't beat that location. Being able to walk to 2 parks, not to mention several other resorts, is the best. We also love walking through Epcot to get to the monorail. Being able to get to 3 separate parks without having to take a bus is awesome. The amount of food available right there, shops, arcades, mini-golf. We absolutely love it. BLT would be our second choice given the proximity to MK and the other monorail resorts.

My favorite DVC by far is BWV. The boardwalk view is my favorite view on site anywhere, with fireworks view at the Dolphin a close second. We have stayed at BWV in 2 bedrooms many times, 1 bedroom once, now doing studios since it’s just my husband and I staying these days. I did stay in Kidani 1 bedroom savanna view once, at BCV twice for 1 or 2 days, poly for one night, and we have a longer stay at poly this year. We will return to BWV after the poly stay. Got to get back “home.”

Family has been DVC members since 1997. A member myself since 2007. In that time we've stayed at BWV, BLT, BCV, BRV @ WL, PVB, SSR, OKW, Vero Beach and Aulani. If we're taking all locations into consideration then our favorite is Aulani. If we're just talking WDW locations, it's BWV hands down. To us, you just can't beat that location. Being able to walk to 2 parks, not to mention several other resorts, is the best. We also love walking through Epcot to get to the monorail. Being able to get to 3 separate parks without having to take a bus is awesome. The amount of food available right there, shops, arcades, mini-golf. We absolutely love it. BLT would be our second choice given the proximity to MK and the other monorail resorts.

Yea, if I can avoid taking a bus, I am a happy camper.

Have stayed at all. Favorite is Grand Californian, both for the atmosphere/decor and convenience to the parks and Downtown Disney. Least favorite is Vero Beach. Had a miserable experience due to the relentless mosquitoes the one time we stayed there.

Have stayed at all. Favorite is Grand Californian, both for the atmosphere/decor and convenience to the parks and Downtown Disney. Least favorite is Vero Beach. Had a miserable experience due to the relentless mosquitoes the one time we stayed there.

Grand Californian is my second favorite. It is an amazing resort. Lovely building, amazing, unique access to California Adventure and Downtown Disney. Last time we stayed, we had a room overlooking the Brisa Courtyard (a forested/woody/parklike area in the middle-north) and were only mere 'feet' from the monorail as it passed through the Brisa Courtyard. It is fairly point intensive and VERY hard to get into it (ony 50 units). But if you can swing it, it is worth it.

Favourites (in order)
1. BCV (atmosphere,dining)
2. BRV (boat to MK, relaxing)
3. SSR (quiet, serene, pools)

Only stayed at AKV & VGF besides.

AKV - felt boxed in, like we couldn’t explore
VGF - just not our vibe, screaming kids unsupervised running down halls and climbing railings (different kids over 2 different days)

We have only stayed at AKV and OKW.

AKV is our home resort, but my grandparents bought DVC in 1993 so I stayed at OKW several times on family trips at OKW in the mid-late 90's. For that reason it's my sentimental favorite. I also really like that the rooms are large and the balconies are spacious. Olivia's is a great TS restaurant that is never too crowded, and the boat ride to Disney Springs is relaxing and enjoyable. The kids (and us) have had good times at the Community Hall. Love the option of the quieter pools.

AKV is also a great resort - great dining, great pools, "underground" parking, community hall, interesting cultural presentations, watching the animals.

Our stays at each are 50/50. We like both and each provides a different feel for vacation. Even though we're "going to Disney again," staying at each resort makes each trip feel different.

The only other resort we really want to try is BCV.

AKV-Kidani (Home resort) but still favorite. It is so quiet after the business of the parks all day.
SSR- Was a nice resort, but really spread out and took forever for busses.
Poly- Loved watching the fireworks, but the lobby was so crowded and loud it just wasn't relaxing at all.

But all in all everyone has their own ideas as to what is important to them.

the poly is our number one. love the rooms, love the rainfall shower, love the views, love wandering around the resort. we honestly love the energy in the lobby and spending time there watching people come and go. also - the boat to MK, hanging on the beach, the bars, the oasis pool, the patio ducks, walking to the TTC, the twilight feast room service... yeah. we like it a lot.

the WL DVCs and BWV are our number 2, then BLT.

BWV is my home and my favorite. I love the location and the views from the boardwalk rooms can't be beat. The views from the standard view rooms aren't bad either. I love taking the boat to and from Epcot and HS; soon we will be able to get the gondola's as another means of transportation. As others have said you have access to lots of dining and shopping options and places to get adult beverages. The whole area is very nice, very convenient and there are plenty of fun things to see and do.

We have also stayed at BCV, GFV and BLT. Out of these three I liked GV and BLT the best; GV is very elegant and as the name says its "grand". I very much enjoyed our stay here but my husband isn't a fan. I do have to say that it's not the most convenient resort, it's a long walk to the main building, the monorail and the boats. I also like BLT, I liked the modern vibe and it's the best location to catch the monorail. I have seen people at the Poly and GF not be able to get on the monorail after it stopped at TTC. I wouldn't be very happy if I were paying cash or using the points needed to stay at either of these resorts and I wasn't able to get on the monorail...

The BCV is my least favorite of the DVC resorts I have stayed at. Mainly due to the views, I also stayed in the regular resort before DVC and was very disappointed with what was called a water view. The water view was of a quite pool, not exactly what I had in mind...I guess that's why there are so many wonderful choices at WDW/DVC. We can each choose the resorts that best fits our wants and needs. Everybody is happy.

My favorite is VGF because it feels luxurious, especially compared to my house. And we enjoy listening to the musicians in the main lobby in the evening. OKW would be next due to the size of the rooms and Floridian feel with the palm trees. I like BCV with the pool along with BBR. There are so many now I am having a hard time deciding which to choose for our upcoming trip. DRR could be the next favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter