Asheville NC for a long weekend???

chrismiss56

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS....
My friend and I are thinking about going to Asheville, NC for a long weekend sometime this fall. We will have a car. Looking for suggestions about hotels, what do to, restaurants etc. Is a long weekend enough? We are flexible with our days. Best month to go?

Thanks for any info.....excited to go on this adventure. Hear it is beautiful!!

I like going in the fall to see the tree colors change. Asheville also has some very good spas, so that's where I tend to spend my time when I visit there. The Biltmore is also very pretty. Have fun

Asheville is beautiful in the fall. Take a look at the Biltmore, not really to stay there but to go visit 1 day of your trip. Lots of hotels/b&b's around so go with the chain you like and read the reviews. Lovely hiking in the area, an lots of shopping/eating downtown,. I live in NC and we camp the blue ridge a lot. You simply cannot go wrong in the area. Do be careful to get reservations early, that is the busy time of year up there.

Enjoy!

We did an overnight stop there as part of a much longer trip just to see the Biltmore - it's stunning and I highly recommend a tour there. Can't help with anything else there sorry!

I live here(born and raised), so feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions. There is so much to do that you could fill a weekend or a month. I would definitely go to the Biltmore. The NC Arboretum is also beautiful in the fall and offers neat exihibits and mild but pretty hikes. The Lazoom comedy tour is a really fun way to explore the downtown area, and a brewery(or cidery) crawl is a must in our area. I agree with the above advice to book as early as you can. Hotels fill up fast for what we call "leaf season".

There is a local spa called Shoji that I and a lot of other locals like. It has personal hot tubs and is located out in the middle of the woods. Their property backs up onto the Blue Ridge Parkway. Sooooo relaxing and beautiful:)

Living in NC, you see a fair number of television ads for the Biltmore and for Asheville. The time of year to visit, really depends on what you want to do. I have been during the summer, late fall/early winter and then late winter (before things started blooming for Spring).

During the November/December period, the Biltmore has the Candlelight tour and all of the Christmas decorations up. It is really breathtaking. Also there is the Gingerbread display at the Grove Park Inn during the Christmas Holidays. During the Summer, it can be a little escape from heat and humidity, depending on where you are coming from. If you like doing outside things, then Spring or even early Fall (with the color changes in the Blue Ridge) can be fun. The gardens at Biltmore are beautiful when all of the flowers are blooming.

Downtown Asheville is really nice and there are many places to eat/drink. You may want to go review the official Asheville travel website to see what events are going on through out the year and let that help plan your trip. This may cause the opposite affect of making things busier, if you want to escape some crowds.

There is so much to do in Asheville outside of the Biltmore. But I would suggest doing the Biltmore at least once. I have done a couple of the special tours and they were really nice and you got to go to rooms and areas typically not available to the public. If you ever watched Downton Abbey, then you can see similarities with the Biltmore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter