Asked for picture I.D. At Epcot tollbooth?

We haven't been asked for ID at parking really, though I know they definitely can, so we always have it handy. For purchases, they always want to see it, so I just keep the AP card and my ID back to back in my wallet so they are easy to pull out at once, with the correct side of each up for easy viewing.

Noticed they were asking for ID at most places where we used our DVC discount. In the past cast members took your word or just glanced at your DVD membership card. I guess they are cracking down on sharing of perks to keep the money train going.

We were asked for ID at the parking toll booth one day out of nine on our trip in June. We were staying offsite but DH probably paid with a credit card.

Yep, it ranges from this to “you guys AP’s?” And us just nodding, no band even scanned or card shown.

Nuts.

I've actually been asked to produce my ID each time I show my AP card this trip. Something different from last year when I just had to scan my band and/or show my card.

We weren’t asked for id this week. But one attendant asked the last name of the passholder. I assume to make sure we hadn’t just found an AP band and used it. We had the slider on it.

I need to make sure my wallet is handy. It’s usually already in my backpack behind me when i’m driving. I can get to it, but it takes longer than it needs to.

I'm guessing thousands of folks abuse the system on a regular basis to avoid parking fees, admissions, and other perks. Annual pass cards look identical for all levels so they get scanned at the parking gates to make sure Silver and Gold levels are not being used on blocked out dates. I'm sure many also share passes with friends. Honesty is something that can't be taken for granted. I would think affordable technology exists today where Annual Passes can be issued in colors that correspond to the appropriate level and include a photo of the person authorized to use it. Magic Bands are another issue, but I'm sure there can be a solution there, too.

When we first got our APs, we were told to bring your AP card and photo ID with you at all times because you'll need both for the AP discounts. Our experience with this has greatly varied, but I'd say about 50% of the time we used it for parking they checked ID.

I've noticed some threads recently about whether people need to bring ID to the parks. I'm bookmarking this thread to underscore the importance of always carrying ID at WDW. :)

I think about a year or more ago I started getting checked more often and was fussed at during one morning for not having it ready.
I usually arrive about an hour before rope drop and park my car.
Ever since my little "incident", I hold the hard card and my ID against the drivers side glass and they normally wave me through. Every once in a while they would scan my band.
Yes........like many other policies, they have been inconsistent in applying them.

I only enter the parking lot by having them scan my band. Usually they scan it but sometimes they see the AP slider on it and wave me through. Last time I showed my gold AP card was probably close to 2 years ago.

I've never been asked to show ID when parking, ever....But I'm sure now I will lol. Only the occasional "Whats your last name" when scanning my band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter