Asked Twice about Ticket for Two Year Old

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by Belle & Ariel, Mar 8, 2018.

1. DisneyCowgirl

DisneyCowgirl DIS Veteran

Once at DL, our over-3YO made it through in his stroller without us scanning his ticket. Then we couldn't get FPs for him without going back to the front of the park and getting his ticket scanned. You could run into the same problem in WDW if your magic band didn't get scanned. So they are doing some a favor by double-checking that the tickets are scanned. It's possible they aren't really looking for bad actors here, just trying to ensure everyone who has a ticket is getting it scanned. Given that I've never seen or heard of anyone being challenged on the age, I'm going to assume the best!

Magpie likes this.
  2. Lavitz

Lavitz Mouseketeer

We always go to Disney for our kids 3rd birthday, arriving a few days before the big day. Handful of times we were asked if we had a ticket for the little one, explained they turned 3 this trip and that was that. CMs never bat an eye, just smile and tell us to move along.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Figmentmommy

Figmentmommy DIS Veteran

Just say he is 2 and move on. No worries!

5. Eccle

Eccle Mouseketeer

We did a trip when my middle son had just turned 4 a couple of weeks earlier. He had spent months asking me if he was 4 yet. We went to sign up for Jedi Training and they asked the boys how old they are, and of course he answers "I'm 3". Luckily the CMs didn't question us when we said he was actually 4, but I felt like the parent who was lying so their kid could do it, even though I wasn't!

6. Glam

Glam Mouseketeer

Same here. We just returned and on 2 occasions I had too tell a CM that my 3 yo had to scan his MB for park entry. He's 40 inches and wears 4 or 5T pants, but he was in the stroller. I think the CMs are just never sure

7. MalkaR

MalkaR Mouseketeer

My dad used to work at Disneyland, as a ticket taker. He said that every once in a while a kid would come up and the parents would say he's two, he didn't need a ticket. My dad would say, well, can i ask him how old he is? And they'd respond, but he doesn't speak English. So my dad would go ahead and ask the kids in their native language and shock the parents! They usually ended up having to buy another ticket.

LongLiveRafiki likes this.
  8. motherof5

motherof5 DIS Veteran

I have the same thing. I was asked about my son at 2 years old for his ticket but my 5 year old daughter was told she didn't need one as she is smaller. I had to tell them she was the older one and he was 2. It was funny because every ride she went on people kept asking her age.

mshanson3121 likes this.
  9. motherof5

motherof5 DIS Veteran

My kids are so short if they went by height we would have made out. I would have loved that except for the fact of longer waits getting in, just to measure each child.

LMA712014 and mshanson3121 like this.
  10. LongLiveRafiki

LongLiveRafiki DIS Veteran

We went right before my son's 2nd birthday, so he was still 1 and were asked his age several times at the gate and restaurants. It never bothered me. At the gate, he was always in his stroller, and it's even more tough to guess a toddler's age when they're sitting. At the restaurants, I was happy they asked so they didn't charge me for him at buffets and let me know at other places whether I would or wouldn't be charged for things for him.

They did ask him his age a few times. He was 35" so tall for a not quite 2 year old. He wasn't really speaking much except for indecipherable baby talk, so I just answered for him and said he wasn't quite 2. Only once did they ask him directly after me telling them his age. It did seem like they thought I may have been lying, but when they heard him respond with baby talk, the CM quickly gave me a puzzled look. I just smiled and again said, "He's not even two yet and isn't really speaking much yet. He has no idea what you are even asking him." She replied, "Wow, he seems so tall for his age. Have a nice day!" And that was it.

11. juxtapose

juxtapose Mouseketeer

I have a feeling we’re going to get asked this a lot when we go. My son turns 3 in July but is already 39”, and we don’t go until May. He’s the size his sister was at almost 4!

12. motherof5

motherof5 DIS Veteran

Disney would lose money here with my family. My 6 year old (almost 7) is only 40 inches and my 9 year old is 44 so doubt I would have to pay the adult price at 10 if we did this height. No way he would grow 4 inches in 1 year as he seems to only do 2 inches a year. My kids are all very small. My 6 year old was asked her age at every ride this past trip.

13. Minnesota!

Minnesota! Shoeless in Minnesota

That was my kid - well, both of them. Off the charts from birth on up. It did make me nervous when we took them to Disney pre-3, but it ended up being a non-issue. Thankfully, now at teen/pre-teenage, they seem to be slowing down. Hopefully.

14. Momto2plustwins

Momto2plustwins Earning My Ears

Uh oh. My twins aren’t even two yet and are almost 37 inches and wear size 4T. We’re going in the fall, so I’m sure we’ll get asked. They’re already bigger than their almost 4 year old cousin.

That said, I know someone who did lie about their 3 year old to get them in free.

Should I take birth certificates?

15. disneydreamer1980

disneydreamer1980 DIS Veteran

No one will ever ask you for a birth certificate, but if it makes you feel better, go ahead and bring it

16. Aj1129

Aj1129 Earning My Ears

My DS is 37” and he’s not even two and a half yet. We’re going to Disney in August right before he turns three. I’m sure we will be asked his age! He’s tall for his age and other then talking like a toddler people often think he’s much older.

17. MaryLovesPoohBear

MaryLovesPoohBear DIS Veteran

There truly isn't an "uh oh."

They will ask, you will answer and then you will be on with your day. It won't take but a second, as you are entering.

maxiesmom and mom2rtk like this.
  18. Dismama2boys

Dismama2boys Mouseketeer

Yes, this. Both of my boys are giants for their ages, and we took them right before they each turned 3. They asked their ages on the first day, and never again after that. It will not be an issue at all.

MaryLovesPoohBear likes this.
  19. omniscientmommy

omniscientmommy Earning My Ears

We had magic bands because we stayed at a hotel on site and our little guy was 3 at the time. They just scanned the bands for all of us and waved us through.