Asking for Opinions

I’ve been to DL 200+ times and I’ve never heard of ABD. Guess I don’t know everything about DL ;-).

I just looked at the site. Wow, sounds very expensive for what you get.
It is expensive, but it is very different from most "tours". It is very Disney. They go above and beyond to make everyone comfortable. You have at least 2 guides, plus behind the scenes staff. They handle everything. You leave your bags in your room, and they transfer everything between hotels for you. They make sure rooms are ready, they do everything. I can't explain everything, but can say it is worth the money if you can afford it.

Thanks to all for input. After much discussion, I changed the whole plan. I’ll be taking my daughter, son-in-law, and 3 (almost grown ) grandkids end of May.

If I love it as much as I used to love Disneyworld, I’ll go back by myself on an Adventures by Disney trip in September.
This is a good call. You can spend some easy family time to see the park. ABD trips are quite upscale and fun, but less time to actually explore the park. So you can do the family trip to explore, then come back solo and do ABD.

This is a good call. You can spend some easy family time to see the park. ABD trips are quite upscale and fun, but less time to actually explore the park. So you can do the family trip to explore, then come back solo and do ABD.
I haven’t been able to go to WDW in 8 years, this after going every year since 1973. So I’m going to enjoy 5 days of park time, riding and riding and riding some more. (Family will be going to Universal one day, so they will spend 4 days in the park.)

I was my father’s caregiver for 8 years, and when he died, he left me a note that said “go to Disney” (with just enough$ to do so). I plan on enjoying every park minute.

ABD is extremely expensive- you can easily go it alone at DLR. It is so much easier and more flexible than WDW. HOWEVER, ABD gets you into Walt Disney Studios which does not do public tours. If your focus is the parks, I would say it isn't worth the money. If your focus is that tour of the studios, then that is the way in. My family would love the ABD, but we just can't justify the price per person. If it were just me as a solo, I might do it-- but DH and DD would never forgive me for going on that studio tour without them! It is DD's absolute dream to get into that Studio and see it and to someday work there.

ABD is extremely expensive- you can easily go it alone at DLR. It is so much easier and more flexible than WDW. HOWEVER, ABD gets you into Walt Disney Studios which does not do public tours. If your focus is the parks, I would say it isn't worth the money. If your focus is that tour of the studios, then that is the way in. My family would love the ABD, but we just can't justify the price per person. If it were just me as a solo, I might do it-- but DH and DD would never forgive me for going on that studio tour without them! It is DD's absolute dream to get into that Studio and see it and to someday work there.
This is exactly why I made my final decision. The parks and rides are my focus right now, since I haven’t been able to go to any park in quite some time. That’s why we are going as a family in May. BUT the tours as part of ABD really sound great. I plan on a solo ABD trip in October. Thanks for your input.

It is, but it also includes hotel stays at the Grand, at the Hollywood Hotel, 4 days admission into the park, 11 meals. In the past, ABD has occasionally included a lunch at Club 33. I know one meal is usually breakfast at Steakhouse 55.

And a studio tour would be great. I didn't take any pictures the one time I got to go.... Next time I will!

... I was my father’s caregiver for 8 years, and when he died, he left me a note that said “go to Disney” (with just enough$ to do so). I plan on enjoying every park minute.
I love this. Thank you for sharing it with us. I hope your family trip makes so many magical memories for all of you!
Will your October trip include a Halloween party in DCA? If so, join the **Official** October 2020 Check-in! and the Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogies back! and other Halloween Time Information for all the news, updates, and fun! And for your May trip: ** May 2020 Check In **.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter