ASMO, AOA, or POP

izzy25

Mouseketeer
Planning a trip down Nov 2020 with my daughter, my friend and her daughter. Kiddos will be 11 and 12 at the time of travel. Trying to decide on which value resort to book between Pop, All Stars Movies or Art of Animation (mermaid room).

Pros and cons to these resorts and which one is the best choice.

POP is renovated and the rooms are quite nice. All Star Movies has some renovated rooms, they seem to have stopped working, not sure when they will continue. AoA is really nice, but those rooms rarely have a discount and the mermaid rooms are far from the main building. I haven't stayed at the All Stars but we prefer POP to AoA, you can always walk over to AoA to check out their dining room. By the time you go the skyliner will be up and running which could be a fun bonus, quick way to get to HS and Epcot.

Well. MUsic is the best all star. I always felt it was better landscaped and just had a nicer feel. More upscale I guess. However. It’s hard to beat. POP. The buses are great at any of the values. So if it were me. I’d pick POP. With Music a close second. Even though it’s not a choice.

You'll have to do your research about pros and cons for your situation.

I've stayed at each of the value resorts and hands down my favorite is POP.
I like it for theme, food, rooms, transportation...

Well. MUsic is the best all star. I always felt it was better landscaped and just had a nicer feel. More upscale I guess. However. It’s hard to beat. POP. The buses are great at any of the values. So if it were me. I’d pick POP. With Music a close second. Even though it’s not a choice.

See and I absolutely hate Music.
The set up is front to back so if you're staying standard you're in the way back in the darkness!

I would do POP. The bus situation is the better than the All Stars AND it's much more affordable than AoA.

See and I absolutely hate Music.
The set up is front to back so if you're staying standard you're in the way back in the darkness!
Agreed! We had the farthest room in the farthest building and even BEFORE a long day at the parks we were exhausted walking that far. It was especially rough that we had a 4yo to carry when he just couldn't walk any farther.

Are you all sharing one room? Or two? Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the little mermaid rooms and all-star resorts still have double beds. Pop has queen beds and the new rooms feel very nice. I vote Pop.

Agreed! We had the farthest room in the farthest building and even BEFORE a long day at the parks we were exhausted walking that far. It was especially rough that we had a 4yo to carry when he just couldn't walk any farther.

Are you all sharing one room? Or two? Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the little mermaid rooms and all-star resorts still have double beds. Pop has queen beds and the new rooms feel very nice. I vote Pop.

We will be sharing 1 room. So the queen beds would definatley be a plus.

Vote for POP. Fun resort, the availability to walk over to AOA and the new refurbished rooms is a definite plus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter