AsMo, CSR, BC, Dolphin, AKL or CR?

onceuponadream

<font color=0000cc>Keeping fingers crossed<br><fon
We have narrowed it down to these 6 ( I know it's still wayyy too many but hey we've made a small dent) :rolleyes: !!We are interested in the most convenient transportation wise and the best pool area(we also want to take into consideration how crowded the pool may get). AsMo and CSR are most remote but I've read they have good bus service. AKL has the largest pool but is also remote..not sure if transportation is slower. BC and Dolphin are a walk from Epcot and MGM and CR a monorail from Epcot and MK. Our kids are 11, 8, 6 and 4. We will spend the majority of our time at MK and MGM as well as the obligitory Test Track runs (my kids love it). Also a day or 2 at a the water parks. We don't need anything fancy just want to be close enough to take a swim break every afternoon. My DH wants BC or AKL. I wanted Poly but will settle for CR to be on the monorail. AsMo and CSR is by far the most reasonable. I'm an RN so can't discount the Dolphin. Which one would our kids like the most? Which is most convenient to the most parks and has a pretty good pool--that isn't packed and impossible to move in?? We are traveling June 8-16. Thanks!!:D

Tough to compare deluxes to moderates to values. I can offer you some photos and info on my CSR website. Check it out below. Good luck deciding!

I would say Dolphin, nurse rate because of the Grotto Pool area. With the ages of your kids I think you would love that there are maybe four pools all close together with age appropriate depths? Somebody "jump in" (ha, ha) here with details but isn't the pool right next to Grotto Pool very shallow everywhere, no gradual change in depth or anything. Maybe one of you could sit there with 4 & 6 while the other supervised 8 & 11 in the Grotto Pool? Additionally there is a lap pool and I think a wading pool? There is a poster here maybe her name is LBY-19 or close try a search. She got a ground floor room with a walk-out patio to the pool. It had lots of info.

I think BC is the best. But, the nurse's discount at dolpin is great. I would probably pick the dolpin because of the savings. If you are not concerned about the money then I prefer the BC - rooms, pool, location also newly redone. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

If you get a great rate with a code, I would definitely stay at the Beach Club. It has the very best pool, Stormalong Bay, of all the resorts. In fact, it is so popular that you must show your room key and then are given an wristband to wear. This prevents others from pool hopping. You can walk to Epcot, take a boat to MGM, and the bus service to MK is fast and easy. Both children and adults love the BC.
If cost is a factor, then I would stay at the Dolpin. It does have a big pool and is still in the fabulous location. You do lose a few of those special touches such as the Mickey wake-up call, and Mickey soaps and such.

We have stayed at the Swan, YC, BC, GF, and WL. My daughter's favorites are by far the BC and GF. At the GF our balcony faced the castle, and it was fabulous to be a short monorail ride from MK, but Stormalong Bay is the biggest draw for my daughter.

Good Luck with your choice. Your vacation will be magical wherever you decide to stay.

FYI: Our children are 12, 6, and 4. Our goal is to stay at all the Disney resorts.

Movies: Loved the themeing. Food court can be busy, translation: time consuming. Pool was nice. Two rooms would be a great way to start your trip. Transportation was great!

CSR: Loved the themeing. Food court was okay. Only ate there once, would need to eat there again to make an evaluation. The pool is great. The slid is wonderful. Trasportation was okay; I didn't like having to make three other stops. (Had to at Movies, but it didn't seem to be an issue. Go figure.) Would have to have two rooms also.

AKL: This is my favorite resort ever! Mara is good. Boma is great. Jiko's didn't work for us, but I would like to try it again. Transportation was great. Bunk beds, one (deluxe) room.

Poly: Being on the monorail is great when you want to go to the MK, but everything else was just okay. The Poly is a great resort; we've stayed twice and enjoyed it both times. The slide at the pool is the best I've experienced at Disney. Did not like Captain Cooks, Kona Cafe was good (breakfast). Love 'Ohana's, anytime.

BC: Have not stayed here, but it is my understanding that SAB is simply the best! You can't get a better location. Dolphin, falls into the great location catigory, also.

CR: We looked at a room during our last trip and this is at the top of our "Must visit list". Very nice set up. Have eaten at the food court, okay. Concorce Steakhouse is one of my favorite. Chef Mickey's can be great fun. California grill was very nice.

Personal, based on codes, I would spend part of my trip at ASMo and the rest at AKL concierge. However, BC would be nice too.

Good luck with your choices!

Lori

We loved AKL! We enjoyed it so much we decided to stay there again for our upcoming trip next month! Transportation was great and so was Boma's! There's nothing like opening the drapes and sliders and seeing a savannah full of animals! This resort is extremely relaxing after a day in the parks.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter