At Disney World... 5k question

disney minnie

DIS Veteran
What time do you get back to your room when staying on property? I want to go on a backstage tour, but it starts at 8:30. Since it's only a 5k I might be able to get away without taking a shower, but I would prefer to take one.

Run starts at 6am. First return buses don't leave till around 7am because people are still starting. Takes 20 min to get back to hotel or 30 if you count 10 min to get people on bus...so 7:30 is the earliest you'd be back.

It depends on how fast you run, where you're staying, and how you get to and from the race. We were back at Beach Club around 730-745 last week, and we drove ourselves.

Depends on your starting Corral too. The first corral starts at 6 but if you're in the last corral you will not start until at least 6:30.

Also depends on the busses. My own experience.
Corral B
38 minutes on course (I spent ~ 6 min in character lines and took my sweet time)
Had to wait for busses though.
Shared bus with contemporary, GF and wilderness.
Got on third bus but there was about half hour between first and third bus. Other resorts were getting busses faster...just bad bus luck.
My resort was not first stop.
Arrival at hotel ~8:15am
Had an 8:45 Chef Mickey in my hotel.

I think I just had bad bus luck so that may not be typical. But I'd still mentally prepare for it. I'd hate for you not to enjoy your race because of the tour looming!

We got back to AOA at 8. We didn't start until around 6:30 (and took us about an hour to finish because we waited for characters)
Took pictures with our medals at the end and waited for the bus (we weren't in a rush) and were back at 8. Easily could of been there earlier if we were motivated.

For marathon weekend, I started in corral A, and was staying at the Boardwalk, which was the LAST stop (out of 5!) on the bus route--Dophin, Swan, YC, and BC came first.
I finished in time to catch the second bus out (was actually in line in time for first bus, but it filled up before me.)
Our bus driver must have got lost, because we went WAY far out and I didn't even recognize where we were--everyone around me on the bus was wondering what was going on too.
I just checked my texts and at 7:36 am I texted my husband telling him that I was just going to get off at the first stop and walk back, and that I would probably be getting off the bus in two minutes...so I probably got off around 7:38. My husband seems to remember I arrived in our room about 10 minutes after I sent the text. I'm not sure if that's accurate :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter