At least one new DCL ship will sail in Asia?

AMusicLifeForMe

DIS Veteran
I just got off the Disney Magic, and one of the crew members I saw and talked to everyday shared that at least one of the new DCL ships coming out in 2021 or 2023 will be sailing in Asia. I found that interesting, because nothing has been announced by Disney. It wouldn't surprise me though since cruising in Asia has grown in popularity. Has anyone heard anything about this? What would you think if this was the case?

Makes sense. They might be able to swing it with 6 ships. The other cruise lines' Asia cruises, particularly the Chinese holiday ones, are supposedly really popular. The preferred cruises in Asia are shorter ones, compared to a lot of North American based ones, which also have the longer cruises.

DCL's market is predominately North American. Expanding to Asia wouldn't be as good of a business model as it would for the other lines. I could see DCL do seasonal cruises in Asian markets, but primarily marketed to the American audience. Like they already do with their European sailings.

Talking to a DCL crew member is like talking to a wdw bus driver they have all kinds of information that other people don't have. Now being serious I see DCL having some Asia cruises but not on the new ships. Just my guess nothing to back it up.

While I wouldn't be surprised if DCL did station a ship in Asia for part of the year, I wouldn't place any confidence at all in something heard from a shipboard CM.

Why not? I could fathom that the Wonder will finally home base on the West Coast. The Magic will still run Europe and south Carib from Puerto Rico. Fantasy will work Galveston, NYC, New Orleans, Miami as appropriate. Dream will work horse out of Canaveral with Ship #5. Ship #6 will run Asia and South Pacific.

While I wouldn't be surprised if DCL did station a ship in Asia for part of the year, I wouldn't place any confidence at all in something heard from a shipboard CM.
This is why I put it on the rumors board...The cruise industry is definitely starting to shift over to the Asia/South pacific realm. I know Royal Caribbean has started over there. I don't know of any other major cruise lines over there right now. Just with Shanghai opening recently, I feel like they will probably try to do some Asia sailings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter