At MK - Woman Chokes Girl for Blocking Fireworks View

I do not think she should have touched the girl at all, but I would bet there was some teenage attitude associated with the situation.

Agree completely-- the girl reported saying "You can have our spot" but I bet it was punctuated with Bxxxx.

All I'm going to say is that of all the times I've seen/experienced attitude at a Disney park, 95% of the time it's been people much older than teenagers....

Sounds like the woman needs a vacation from her vacation. It is annoying when people jump in front of you at parades and fireworks shows, but the girls left when they realized it was a problem. The woman's ego couldn't let the initial outrage go. I feel sorry for her family who has to put up with her everyday. Now she's facing a felony charge. Pathetic.
This^^^,What an idiot. She is in need of help. She will be banned forever.

Disgusting.

Attitude or not, do we choke our teenage daughters when they get to that fun age? Lol -- NOPE. Uncalled for and out of line, hope she's banned for life and gets the consequences she deserves.

Yeah, if I can't choke my kids when they act like jerks, no one can.

Seriously though- it's the first rule we learn. KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF!

Agree with PaintsWithAllTheColors, for sure. So very sad.

I've been going for almost 20 years, some with family, some with just myself and then young daughter. The worst behavior is adults, in my experience grown men. I have never seen teenagers in poor behavior this bad.

Here are my top four worst experiences:
1. Sitting on the curb at Frontierland waiting for the parade with my mother and daughter (4 years old). A grown man basically tried to sit on top of me to watch the parade. My mother yelled at him.
2. In line to see a Princess, (don't remember which one) and a man behind us verbally assaulted my daughter (5 years old) and I when it was our turn, so he could get his child to see the Princess faster.
3. A man with his young son, cut right in front of my daughter (6 years old) at Splash Mountain at we were entering the loading area. I confronted him and he said, "too bad".
4. Sitting on the ground waiting for Illuminations at Epcot with my husband, and a man in front of us was loudly and unapologetically was passing gas. He would just keep on talking to his large family.

In the future, I am going to take pics or videos of things like this.

Last edited:
The hotest tempers I've seen in the park have all been while waiting for a parade. I simply don't do that anymore. (Luckily, I'm tall!)

What is wrong with people? Holy... use common sense.

There are crazy people everywhere, including Disney. Don't forget that.

Whatever words were exchanged doesn't justify felonious assault/battery or attempted murder (yes, it could be considered that.) Sticks and stones, sticks and stones....

FWIW, every parade I've attended at WDW, everyone stood, unless they were babies in a stroller.

And like one of the posters said, the worst behavior I've encountered at WDW came from adults, not teenagers. And it seem like the older the age, the worse the behavior became.

I was in my wheelchair ready for a parade. I felt my wheelchair moving. I thought oh right my wife is moving us I was a bit surprised she usually warns me. Then I heard my wife shout what are you doing. Somebody was movjng me like a piece of furniture! I was in the accessible area. They were moving this piece of side walk for their DD. Saying kids take priority..

I was in my wheelchair ready for a parade. I felt my wheelchair moving. I thought oh right my wife is moving us I was a bit surprised she usually warns me. Then I heard my wife shout what are you doing. Somebody was movjng me like a piece of furniture! I was in the accessible area. They were moving this piece of side walk for their DD. Saying kids take priority..

This is ridiculous. I am so angry on your behalf!! It's like I always say to my husband, if I see a kid straining to see around me, or even if they ask, I happily wave them in front of me. It's when entitled parents shove themselves in front of people without a polite request that really makes me angry. It's common courtesy and respect for another human being that seems to be lacking.

On my first trip to WDW I was attempting to get out of people's way and stand to the side to get my bearings and check a map. We were quite off to the side but I didn't realize a door behind us opened as an exit. Someone opened the door and exited quickly, running into me. It was an elderly couple and I apologized profoundly, though I hadn't really done anything wrong.mI was called a "tourist b****". o_O

This is ridiculous. I am so angry on your behalf!! It's like I always say to my husband, if I see a kid straining to see around me, or even if they ask, I happily wave them in front of me. It's when entitled parents shove themselves in front of people without a polite request that really makes me angry. It's common courtesy and respect for another human being that seems to be lacking.

On my first trip to WDW I was attempting to get out of people's way and stand to the side to get my bearings and check a map. We were quite off to the side but I didn't realize a door behind us opened as an exit. Someone opened the door and exited quickly, running into me. It was an elderly couple and I apologized profoundly, though I hadn't really done anything wrong.mI was called a "tourist b****". o_O

Thank you! Oh my goodness how rude what they called you. Like you say not even in the wrong. Exactly they could have just asked nicely.

It shocks me how close to the edge folks are. You see it everywhere.

Got it frlm a source (dependable CM) she was a professional wrestler practicing the chock hold

Bet she wished she never went to Disney World.

Realize someone doing this with a parade but fireworks...realy

A few years ago, when there were a couple of small tables and chairs up on the porch over the train station, my husband and I were lucky enough to get a table and two chairs front and center at the porch railing to watch the parade and the fireworks. We had to get there very early to make this happen. We had hot dogs and fries from Casey's on our little round table for two, and then, as the parade began, a dad picked his toddler up and over our heads, bumped my face, and placed him on our tiny table with his foot in my French fries! Honestly, I just couldn't believe this was actually happening!

"You can't save everyone, just try not to be living next door when they go off" - Dennis Miller

A few years ago, when there were a couple of small tables and chairs up on the porch over the train station, my husband and I were lucky enough to get a table and two chairs front and center at the porch railing to watch the parade and the fireworks. We had to get there very early to make this happen. We had hot dogs and fries from Casey's on our little round table for two, and then, as the parade began, a dad picked his toddler up and over our heads, bumped my face, and placed him on our tiny table with his foot in my French fries! Honestly, I just couldn't believe this was actually happening!

OMG! Did you say anything??? I haven't been to a fireworks display at MK in years. Mostly because I don't want to deal with people and especially the mass exodus of people after the fireworks are over.

I've never experienced that kind of behavior from guests, but Lord help anyone who puts their hands on my kid or puts their kid's foot in my french fries lol.

OMG! Did you say anything??? I haven't been to a fireworks display at MK in years. Mostly because I don't want to deal with people and especially the mass exodus of people after the fireworks are over.

I've never experienced that kind of behavior from guests, but Lord help anyone who puts their hands on my kid or puts their kid's foot in my french fries lol.
Yes, my husband has a way about him, you might say. He just turned around and very quietly said, "That's not going to work." We never saw the guy or his child after that. It wasn't even safe. The child could have tumbled over the railing if he lost his grip. I asked a cast member recently what happened to the little round tables and chairs. She said they removed them for safety reasons.

It is difficult to understand why such people want to visit "The Happiest Place on Earth" - Five years ago my daughter and I went for her birthday (it had been a tough year for our family because of our son's heath, and she had been somewhat in the shadows - he was better, and was off looking at colleges with my husband, so we went to Disney together.) It was a great trip, but one night after the fireworks, when we were doing the Late Night Shuffle to get to where we were going in the huge crowd, the young woman behind me started yelling "Beep...Beep!" over and over, and began to bang the back of my legs with her stroller. A bang with every beep. She looked like she was 19 and with her mother. I finally turned around and loudly asked her to stop banging me in the legs, my daughter was mortified, but I couldn't go any faster than the crowd, and it was hurting. There was no one to ask for help. Her mother finally said something to her.

Just a couple months ago at the halloween party I witness blatant racism at Disney. Now to paint the picture Im a white male age 24 and am waiting for the parade to start looking for a seat. I see two older looking black ladys sitting on the wall of one of the planters and their is a opening next to them. I proceed to ask if the seat was open and they said no and put their bag their so I give up and just stand on the wall. Not even a min later a black man comes by and asks the same ladies if the spot was taken and they said no and he sits down. Now between that time the lady never looked at her phone or talked to the lady next to her. And it was obvious they never knew each other and never talked to each other the whole time. Also while I asked she gave me a dirty look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter