At what age did you start bringing your kids to the parks?

First kid went at 2 years and 9 months. First ride...Mine Train.
Second kid went at 5 months. First ride...Peter Pan.

Second kid has been 3 times before turning 3. The easiest was at 5 months. The hardest was at 2 years. The mistake we made was to either go before potty training or go after potty training. Going during potty training or mostly potty trained goes against you.

I’m newly pregnant (we’re expecting our quarantine baby at the start of 2021) so I’m way jumping the gun on this, but at what age did you start bringing your kids to the park? When do you think they were old enough to get something out of it?

UPDATE: Sounds like I'll be taking her for her first trip by the time she's around 2! Thanks for weighing in. :)

View attachment 556552View attachment 556553
View attachment 556555

She's exactly one month old today (31 days!) so it's still a bit of a wait... but I'm already excited!.:banana:
So beautiful, congratulations !!!

We just found out that our all adult trip (originally planned June '20) post phoned until '22 will now include a baby!!! My DD just found out she's pregnant. So the baby will be just about 18months. Total change of plans. But it will be awesome

We just found out that our all adult trip (originally planned June '20) post phoned until '22 will now include a baby!!! My DD just found out she's pregnant. So the baby will be just about 18months. Total change of plans. But it will be awesome
Congratulations, what wonderful news!

We waited until the youngest was 5. We wanted everyone to enjoy the parks and facilities as much as possible. The kids were 9, 6, and 5 for our first trip.

Wimp that I am, I wouldn't take my children anywhere except the shore because I couldn't handle the stress of their guaranteed safety. Cripes, even the shore my boy always ran a temp. So when it came to WDW they had to be walking. We would take them to day parks and when they could finally handle a day park without any of us melting down we planned our first trip. It was hard on my eldest because she was 9 by the time we went and taller than me. The 'kids' want me to plan a family trip for '22 and my GC will be 28 months = cringe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter